Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #21
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I, too, appreciate your final review. The absence of zoom on the small screen makes the software unfriendly.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #22
motoprof

Model: 9530
Angry Do Not Buy Topoexplorer If You Have A Storm

I downloaded the “free” program and the two free maps. Whenever I opened the program, it would take me off the coast of Africa to coordinates 0,0. I contacted support about this problem and was assured that it would work on my Verizon Storm. Support was very quick in responding……….. until I purchased the maps of New York State. The program still takes me to 0,0. I wrote support. No response. I wrote support again. No response. I am still waiting for a response from support but do not anticipate hearing back from them anymore. They received their money and I received 4 GB of useless files.

I am using TopoExplorer version 1.0.77 and noticed version 1.0.72.0 at the BlackBerry app store. I tried the other version with the same results. The phone has the latest operating system authorized by Verizon as of 6-3-09 (v4.7.0.148 platform 4.0.0.181). Google Maps, BlackBerry Maps, and Nav4all work great using the GPS. I checked the coordinates from Nav4all against my handheld GPS and found them to be the same. I wanted to make sure the coordinates were not coming from cell towers. So, the GPS works fine in three programs, but not in TopoExplorer. Sounds like a glitch on their end, not on mine. I can open a map manually (from the Maps folder), but as soon as I press down on the screen, it goes to 0,0. Hello, I do not boat in the area. I cannot load the optimum map since my maps are not from the Atlantic Ocean.

If this problem is fixed and the program works as advertised, I will gladly let everyone know and upgrade my rating. It is advertised as being compatible with the Storm, but I don’t think so. Verizon does not lock the GPS on the Storm like they did with other phones. If anyone has this program working on their Storm, please e-mail me at (smallengrep@yahoo.com) and let me know how you did it.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #23
orygunhiker

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Just joined and wanted to add my 2 cents to this and correspondence (or lack thereof) with Skylab Mobile. A bit long but sharing what else we discovered and submited to them - hope not redundant. My son and I looked into this as a way to carry one less piece of equip for short climbs or hikes.

It is clear Skylab just wrote the minimal display tool for scanned raster files (not vector conversion, etc.) and hoped we'd all bite on a $49 state map. I can see that it provides a minimal way to view where you are, without any zoom, and with numerous problems you'll read below. Below is what I've learned, sent to SKylab, and like motoprof said, zero replies to our support requests, and no indication they plan to update or bug fix the app, etc.

Here is what we emailed to Skylab Mobile Support (edited with my take on it and updated experience):

1. Bug? When physical position is in the margin of a given map file, and you Load Optimal Map, your location is displayed with no raster map in the background, i.e. it doesn't select the adjacent map. If you scroll the map is current, but you are in the margin and it won't pick the adjacent map until you drive a ways into it, then it persists. This can occur on any map margin. It appears that your position is in the scanned white margin of the original USGS map.

2. Bug? Physical location is not correctly displayed. Is this offset understood? When will it be corrrected? This level of error would be a danger if in back country conditions and in bad weather without visual landmarks.
I attached a table showing the error in their map display by walking to the offset and recording the locations. I confirmed 3 sources including TopoExplorer correctly and accurately identifies physical location but the mapped location is off by approx. 0.20 km (.13 mi) at NW 331 degs

3. Is there a decoder or reference for the map filenames naming matrix? It is not clear how to select adjacent map sections when viewing areas other than your current position, such as in preparation for a trip to ensure the correct files are installed onto the BlackBerry if not enough memory is available for an entire state.
It appears they used the USGS lat-lon-map# in the zip file, but when placed on the BB, the name changes and I cannot deduce the conversion used. This should be a no-brainer to provide so users can select the desired map files to DL to their phone before a trip, or just use the original file name (duh!). Then we don't have to purchase 16GB SD cards. This is a huge lack of understanding of the user interaction aspect of their product.

4. Can a user access the filename currently being displayed? This is to support item 3 above.

5. The map will not automatically connect to adjacent map. User must reload optimal map. If easy would be a good enhancement as your location cursor moves on the map.

6. Will other coordinates such as UTM become available?

Additional questions or enhancement suggestions per their own email request (in th eone reply I got initially) would be:

1. Provide a zoom function
2. Allow waypoints and or routes from a file to be imported and displayed as symbol with name (won't work unless they do something other than scanned quads)
3. Add selection for direction up in display
4. Add small North pointer to the display in one corner (if suggestion 3 implemented)
5. Update display and recenter position on map in display when position moves outside the displayed area
6. Make cursor marker larger or bold as it is small and not clearly visible (I am color blind)
7. Provide easier way to move across loaded map, e.g. use number keys array to step one display left(4), right (6), up (2), down (3), 4 corners of map (1,3,7,9), and center of map (5)

If they implemented half of these they'd probably hit the jackpot with buyers, but I don't see any indication they plan to. Don't know if any of you have done business in SE Asia, but the short responses may just be lack of languange skill confidence in conveying what they might know or be planning to do, so they answer as directly an minimally as possible. We'll see!

As a side note, the other non-mapping free apps like Blackstar and GPSLogger are excellent for their purposes and actively updated from user inputs.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #24
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
Carrier: HK CSL
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoprof View Post
I downloaded the xxx8220;freexxx8221; program and the two free maps. Whenever I opened the program, it would take me off the coast of Africa to coordinates 0,0. I contacted support about this problem and was assured that it would work on my Verizon Storm. Support was very quick in respondingxxx8230;xxx8230;xxx8230;.. until I purchased the maps of New York State. The program still takes me to 0,0. I wrote support. No response. I wrote support again. No response. I am still waiting for a response from support but do not anticipate hearing back from them anymore. They received their money and I received 4 GB of useless files.

I am using TopoExplorer version 1.0.77 and noticed version 1.0.72.0 at the BlackBerry app store. I tried the other version with the same results. The phone has the latest operating system authorized by Verizon as of 6-3-09 (v4.7.0.148 platform 4.0.0.181). Google Maps, BlackBerry Maps, and Nav4all work great using the GPS. I checked the coordinates from Nav4all against my handheld GPS and found them to be the same. I wanted to make sure the coordinates were not coming from cell towers. So, the GPS works fine in three programs, but not in TopoExplorer. Sounds like a glitch on their end, not on mine. I can open a map manually (from the Maps folder), but as soon as I press down on the screen, it goes to 0,0. Hello, I do not boat in the area. I cannot load the optimum map since my maps are not from the Atlantic Ocean.

If this problem is fixed and the program works as advertised, I will gladly let everyone know and upgrade my rating. It is advertised as being compatible with the Storm, but I donxxx8217;t think so. Verizon does not lock the GPS on the Storm like they did with other phones. If anyone has this program working on their Storm, please e-mail me at (smallengrep@yahoo.com) and let me know how you did it.
The new version works great on my Storm. Panning in all directions is quite smooth, and they even lowered the price for the map packs to $29.

I really like the app. Depsite the fact, that I paid $29 for the California map pack (which is about 18 GB by the way ...), I have no other charges whatsoever when I use GPS mapping on my BlackBerry. For me it is a lot cheaper than anything else!

The data charges the totally free Google Maps Mobile caused were about $10 per month; when I used it intesively. This is $120 a year. With TopoExplorer I just pay $29 for the map pack I need and that's it. So it is a lot cheaper for me.

But, well ... of course, if you need street-level navigation then you should go for something else. My hiking trails don't have streets anyway, and topographic maps are the best choice for outdoor trips.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #25
motoprof

Default Are you kidding funkym?

You and the one other guy at another site must be the only Storm users that know how to make this work on your Storm. Nearly all Storm users have said the same thing (coordinates go to 0,0), but you say that it works with the new software. Can you explain to the rest of us what this "new" software is? What version? Is it one of the two that I used and are listed in my post above? You say it works, but it doesn't. Are you employed by the developer or are you the developer? Why did you post a picture of this program at the bottom of your post? Hummmm. It works so could that the developer gave me a refund (though I had to do a lot of tracking down to find out the way to get it). I was able to get a refund from Element Five at 1-800-406-4966.

If there is a new version that I am not aware of, please let us know and I will try it. If it works, I will gladly post my results and re-tract what I have said. My post was very clear in what I was using software wise and I even left my e-mail to contact me. The only people who have contacted me are those who are having the same problem.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #26
motoprof

One more thing funkym

You also started a thread at ( blackberryforums.com/gps-mapping/180135-rumors-topographic-maps-app-topoexplorer-released-w-florida-california-maps.html#post1399720 ) telling us how great this app is. Then I notice how you have been so helpful at sorting out our problems on this thread. Please help us out now with details on how to get our Storm coordinates to actually work and not go to 0,0.

You have something to do with this program and now we all know.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #27
PinzPilot

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
One more thing funkym

You also started a thread at ( blackberryforums.com/gps-mapping/180135-rumors-topographic-maps-app-topoexplorer-released-w-florida-california-maps.html#post1399720 ) telling us how great this app is. Then I notice how you have been so helpful at sorting out our problems on this thread. Please help us out now with details on how to get our Storm coordinates to actually work and not go to 0,0.

You have something to do with this program and now we all know.
C'mon why the hostility? That's certainly no way to get the help your seeking. I too am having the same problems (didn't at first), but this app is important to me and I'm seeking help from the developer.

With all due respect, some of you don't seem to understand the concept behind the use of USGS topo maps and how they are used on a GPS system. As an oil/gas geologist, I've been doing this for a very long time and am very familiar with their functions and capabilities. Some of you keep talking about 'zoom capabilities'. This is not a "find your way around town" Tom-Tom type of application. This app is based solely upon USGS 1:24,000 topographic raster maps. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want to zoom in, you really need different scaled maps. Yes, there are topographic applications that allow you to zoom in closer on a 1:24,000 scale map, but it's of little use because 'zooming in' only gives you a blurred image of the map. Anyone who heads out to explore the wilderness is going to get from the Forest Service or USGS, either a 1:100,000 or a very useful 1:24,000 scale map (purchased by quads). I currently use and have used for years, Pocket Navigator by Maptech and it is great. But, the hardware to use it on is 3-4x more than the cost paid for a Blackberry. And the maps.....well, they are $100per State, not $29 like this TopoExplorer. For basic 'out in the wilderness' location tracking, this TopoExplorer seems to have all that is really needed. The app itself is FREE and $29 per State is a real bargain so considering the effort the developer has put into this, hostility isn't warranted. I really want this app, want it to work correctly and reliably. In fact, I appreciate that anyone would even go to the trouble to develop an app such as this for the Blackberry. I've contacted them about this problem we are experiencing and I'll see what I can find out. Just be patient. And if I've offended anyone, here's my cruise missile coordinates. Fire away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Location.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	16693  
Old 07-07-2009, 01:11 AM   #28
PinzPilot

By the way, I haven't had a lot of time yet to experiment with TopoExplorer, but a response I just received from the developer reminded me that when first acquiring a location fix, receiving a 0,0 lat long coordinate reading can mean that the Blackberry GPS hasn't had enough time to acquire a GPS location fix.

If you don't have a map of your current location loaded onto your GPS, then the way it should work is once your GPS acquires a fix, it will only show a blank screen with a position locator and display the lat long coordinates of your position. Some GPS software requires longer to acquire a fix (needs better triangulation with more satellites). My street navigation software acquires a fix more rapidly than does my topographic software. Try giving your Blackberry more time to acquire a fix. Sometimes can be up to 15 minutes for the first time. Much shorter thereafter. I'll continue to pursue a resolution to any issues that arise.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:35 AM   #29
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinzPilot View Post
By the way, I haven't had a lot of time yet to experiment with TopoExplorer, but a response I just received from the developer reminded me that when first acquiring a location fix, receiving a 0,0 lat long coordinate reading can mean that the Blackberry GPS hasn't had enough time to acquire a GPS location fix.

If you don't have a map of your current location loaded onto your GPS, then the way it should work is once your GPS acquires a fix, it will only show a blank screen with a position locator and display the lat long coordinates of your position. Some GPS software requires longer to acquire a fix (needs better triangulation with more satellites). My street navigation software acquires a fix more rapidly than does my topographic software. Try giving your Blackberry more time to acquire a fix. Sometimes can be up to 15 minutes for the first time. Much shorter thereafter. I'll continue to pursue a resolution to any issues that arise.
Yesterday it took about an hour to aquire a fix. Just because the last time I used my GPS receiver, I was about 1200 km (750 miles) away from my current position. It takes ages if I turn it back on in a new location :( But that's a common downfall of all GPS receivers in general.

It is also very helpful not to move the BlackBerry while it tries to get the first GPS fix. Moving the BlackBerry during that initial time makes it harder for the BlackBerry to get its fix ... and therefore, it takes a lot longer. So I just left the Bold in my window sill for a while and then it worked fine.

The new version of TopoExplorer is supposed to fix some GPS issues: I am now using version 1.0.83 for non-touch screen BlackBerry devices on my Bold. For touch screen BlackBerry devices the most recent version is 1.0.82 and I got that successful running on my Storm.

Btw: Google Maps uses some other sort of acquiring a GPS fix quicker rather than the satellite GPS. Therfore, you mostly get a location fix from the next cell tower your phone is logged in ... which is quite inaccurate, but it looks good

Last edited by funkym; 07-07-2009 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: update
Old 07-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #30
PinzPilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkym View Post
Yesterday it took about an hour to aquire a fix. Just because the last time I used my GPS receiver, I was about 1200 km (750 miles) away from my current position. It takes ages if I turn it back on in a new location :( But that's a common downfall of all GPS receivers in general.
An hour! Are you serious??? That is horrible!!! Like I said, I've used many different GPS software apps and TOPO by National Geographic was always the worst.....about 20-25 minutes. Pocket Navigator by Maptech which I currently use acquires a signal usually in 5 minutes or less. And, that's even if I'm traveling down the highway at 70mph.

Something is not right here. My biggest complaint at present with TopoExplorer is that it gives you no indication that it is in the process of acquiring a signal. This is an important feature for any GPS software. I'm going to test the signal acquisition time on my Storm this evening. If mine takes longer than 15 minutes, then this is something that MUST be fixed by the developer.

I'm curious, can you tell me if you have been able to maintain a signal while traveling at highway speeds? Some GPS software can not keep up with that and are meant primarily for hiking, etc. It will be even more disappointing if TopoExplorer also has this shortcoming.

Quote:
Btw: Google Maps uses some other sort of acquiring a GPS fix quicker rather than the satellite GPS. Therfore, you mostly get a location fix from the next cell tower your phone is logged in ... which is quite inaccurate, but it looks good
I have no clue what Google Maps is doing in the way of GPS. As far as I can tell, it only uses cell tower triangulation, but then, it may also be needing an extreme amount of time to acquire a GPS signal.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:28 AM   #31
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I'm curious, can you tell me if you have been able to maintain a signal while traveling at highway speeds? Some GPS software can not keep up with that and are meant primarily for hiking, etc. It will be even more disappointing if TopoExplorer also has this shortcoming.
I don't know what the problem is with the first GPS fix but I always had this with all GPS apps. TE is not an exception, the same effect appears with BB Maps, Google Maps (which was just showing the cell tower location which is not comparable with real Navstar GPS), TeleNAV and so on. It does not seem to be a specific program problem. Perhaps it is because I am not located in North America and therfore the coverage is not as good as it could be?

Other than that I have no problems to track my location at high speeds. I even tracked a flight somewhere within China on a commercial air plane. I think it was a Boeing 737 from Air China ... the flight attendants were pretty but not really happy with me using my GPS Bold in there... Anyway, the cruising speed of a Boeing 737 is usually 400-500 mph (750-800 km/h). Tracking worked fine in there ... I think I used MobileTracker at that time. However, I didn't try TopoExplorer in the plane yet. Should remember that for the next flight

I used TE in a car and it worked fine. The only thing I experienced is - again - the first GPS fix. It might take a while to get it, and it takes ages if you are moving. But, if you have the first GPS fix everything else is no problem ... at lest for me
Old 07-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #32
PinzPilot

Default TopoExplorer

Quote:
I don't know what the problem is with the first GPS fix but I always had this with all GPS apps. TE is not an exception, the same effect appears with BB Maps, Google Maps (which was just showing the cell tower location which is not comparable with real Navstar GPS), TeleNAV and so on. It does not seem to be a specific program problem. Perhaps it is because I am not located in North America and therfore the coverage is not as good as it could be?
Aha!!! You may have just shed some light on this problem! I have NEVER been able to get a GPS fix. EVER!!! And, since I first got involved with this TopoExplorer, I know 18 other Blackberry Storm users who also have not been able to get this app to work. In the U.S. the Blackberry Storm carrier is Verizon Wireless (infamously known for crippling GPS and other functions on their phones). They claim it works on the Storm, but I'd believe a convicted murderer before I ever believe them. And, now I'm beginning to get very angry at the developer because I've tried with good will and worked very hard with them in describing what is (or is not happening), what methods I've tried for troubleshooting, etc. But %*&$#, what kind of response do I get back from them? Quote: We actually own a BB Storm for testing and it works fine on it. I'm giving sky Skylab Mobilesystems one more chance at working with me to resolve this problem. Otherwise, this app is destined for the trash bin.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #33
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Like I said man, I got a Storm as well and it works fine on it. I guess it is a Verizon issue that the GPS is not enabled for 3rd party apps. From what I heard from others is: a developer can join the Verizon developer program, pay money ... and then they can get access to GPS on Verizon BB devices.

Btw, TE does NOT automatically jump to the current position. Once a GPS position fix is received you need to click the trackball (or the screen on Storm) in order to jump to the current GPS position on the map

Last edited by funkym; 07-15-2009 at 09:15 AM..
Old 07-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #34
motoprof

Default Third party apps and GPS

Quote:
Like I said man, I got a Storm as well and it works fine on it. I guess it is a Verizon issue that the GPS is not enabled for 3rd party apps. From what I heard from others is: a developer can join the Verizon developer program, pay money ... and then they can get access to GPS on Verizon BB devices.

Btw, TE does NOT automatically jump to the current position. Once a GPS position fix is received you need to click the trackball (or the screen on Storm) in order to jump to the current GPS position on the map
It is true that Verizon disabled the GPS on their phones until the Storm. My Storm has Nav4all, Trimble Outdoors, Blackstar, Blackberry Maps, and Google Maps. The GPS works in all of these. It does not work with Topo Explorer.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #35
PinzPilot

Default TopoExplorer (what a waste)!!!!!!

I HAVE JUST SENT TOPOEXPLORER FOR THE BLACKBERRY STORM INTO ETERNAL DELETION. SKYMOBILE WHATEVER IN HONG KONG......YOUR COMPILATION OF CRAP FILES THAT HAVE OCCUPIED SPACE ON MY BLACKBERRY STORM TOTALLY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'VE WASTED MY TIME AND A LOT OF OTHERS TIME AS WELL. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BUSINESS AND PATHETIC BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!!!

My apologies to those Forum members that I criticized for being too hard on this software developer. I figured Skymobile would be more helpful. But after wasting my time with them, I'm inclined to think they're just a bunch of grifters looking for a fast buck.

EVERYONE.....STAY AWAY FROM TOPOEXPLORER!!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #36
motoprof

Default A new Topoexplorer

Well, in my mail box last week came the announcement that a new version of Topoexplorer is out. I download it and guess what? It still does not work on my Storm. It still will not get a fix and goes to 0,0.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #37
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:

Well, in my mail box last week came the announcement that a new version of Topoexplorer is out. I download it and guess what? It still does not work on my Storm. It still will not get a fix and goes to 0,0.
I really don't know what your problem is. Just press the screen and it jumps to the current GPS position.

P.S.: You're not on Verizon, right?
Old 07-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #38
PinzPilot

Quote:
I really don't know what your problem is. Just press the screen and it jumps to the current GPS position.

P.S.: You're not on Verizon, right?
I'll tell you what his problem is. It's the same as mine. He's sick and tired of trying to get this app to work. And NO....just clicking on the screen doesn't do a thing for me except "click" and then, "oh wow, how cool, I'm still in the middle of the ocean off the west coast of Africa. Maybe I've been kidnapped by pirates!"

No, the only pirates I'm aware of are the developers of this app. TopoExplorer really could be something of worthiness, but the developers have chosen to push this app onto the market and use us as their beta testers. And, the idiotic responses I've received from them(ie, "it works on our Storm") after I've spent a lot of time working with this app and providing them with detailed information for them to troubleshoot. That's insulting!!!!!!!!!!! I have a Ph.D in Geology and Geophysics, a Masters in Cartography and umpteen years of experience with GPS apps. TopoExplorer just happens to be one of those apps that sucks and it sucks because of the developers attitude towards the consumer and those who are struggling to get TopoExplorer to work.

I'm glad TopoExplorer is working for you, funkym. But, something is very different on your end in order for this app to work. Are you in the US. Are you using a Blackberry Storm 9530 on Verizon? How long did it take you to get a GPS fix. Does TopoExplorer follow your location when traveling at highway speeds (or knots in the middle of the ocean?).

What a shame when beta testing and troubleshooting is left to users on a forum with absolutely no sign of concern nor any feedback from the developer.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #39
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I'll tell you what his problem is. It's the same as mine. He's sick and tired of trying to get this app to work. And NO....just clicking on the screen doesn't do a thing for me except "click" and then, "oh wow, how cool, I'm still in the middle of the ocean off the west coast of Africa. Maybe I've been kidnapped by pirates!"

No, the only pirates I'm aware of are the developers of this app. TopoExplorer really could be something of worthiness, but the developers have chosen to push this app onto the market and use us as their beta testers. And, the idiotic responses I've received from them(ie, "it works on our Storm") after I've spent a lot of time working with this app and providing them with detailed information for them to troubleshoot. That's insulting!!!!!!!!!!! I have a Ph.D in Geology and Geophysics, a Masters in Cartography and umpteen years of experience with GPS apps. TopoExplorer just happens to be one of those apps that sucks and it sucks because of the developers attitude towards the consumer and those who are struggling to get TopoExplorer to work.

I'm glad TopoExplorer is working for you, funkym. But, something is very different on your end in order for this app to work. Are you in the US. Are you using a Blackberry Storm 9530 on Verizon? How long did it take you to get a GPS fix. Does TopoExplorer follow your location when traveling at highway speeds (or knots in the middle of the ocean?).

What a shame when beta testing and troubleshooting is left to users on a forum with absolutely no sign of concern nor any feedback from the developer.
Hi PinzPilot,

I am really sorry for your situation as I can imagine how it feels. I'm using a Vodafone Storm which definitely has an unlocked GPS receiver (unlike Verizon's which just works with their selected apps).

Before the developer fixed the GPS issue (which obviously did not work for you) I used to do the following workflow to get a position fix into my TE:
  1. Exit TopoExplorer (pressing ESCAPE or Menu->Close)
  2. Open BlackBerry Maps
  3. Click Menu->Start GPS Navigation
  4. Wait until position fix comes ....
  5. Close BlackBerry Maps
  6. Open TopoExplorer
  7. Got a position fix straight away

From what I read in other threads, this does not seem to work for Verizon users. I think I mentioned the Verizon issue before - it is really a shame

PinzPilot, you got 1.0.82 of TE running on your Storm as well, right?
Old 07-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #40
motoprof

Default funkym

Funkym wrote

"I guess it is a Verizon issue that the GPS is not enabled for 3rd party apps. From what I heard from others is: a developer can join the Verizon developer program, pay money ... and then they can get access to GPS on Verizon BB devices."

I have been doing some searching online on your claim and can find nothing to back it up. In fact check out (trapster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=166&start=20]Trapster]Trapster • View topic - Verizon device for Trapster?[/url] • View topic - Verizon device for Trapster?) and you will find the following quote from the developer of trapster. "Yes, the Storm internal GPS is unlocked. We have thousands of users using the VZW Storm with Trapster now. aGPS only helps reduce the delay in getting a fix. A true autonomous GPS fix is more accurate, and that's what is unlocked on the Storm." Add Trapster to my GPS programs that works fine on Verizon. I guess they all paid Verizon?

I also received a survey from them today. Amongst other things, it wanted me to pick a country that I would be interested in having maps for. Since I only travel in the USA, I didn't pick anything. It wouldn't let me proceed. I ended up picking some country that I don't give a $hit about just to continue. Then I had to do the same for another question.

They cannot even make a survey work correctly.

You seem to know everything about how this program works. Next time you are talking to your friends at Skylab, tell them to come to this forum and LOOK AT THE COMPLAINTS. Use them to build a better product and one that works.
Closed Thread