BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #1
Helmdawg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question Screen Patronus (screen protectors)

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All:

I recently purchased screen protectors from screen patronus for my 8900 which come highly recommended from a few folks here and I agree, they are great.

However, the bottom part of the screen/protector is lifted and has not yet settled. On patronus website, they state that it can take up to about a week to settle due to the rigidity of the product (its been about a week since I installed it).

Has anyone noticed this and has your screen protector settled flat to the screen after time?

Thanks
Old 02-23-2009, 12:44 AM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I like the screen patronus (even bought one for my Odyssey Nav screen) but I found on my Pearl that they peeled up at the top because the screen was not completely flat. I got some from Horizon Wireless for my 8900 that are just as nice but don't seem to peel up like the screen patronus.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
lraed74
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S2
Carrier: Verizon

When I had a patronus on my Bold, all 4 edges didnt completely seal to the screen, I had it on for at least 2 months and never completely sealed. I have always used BSE but tried out the patronus and wasnt happy so back to BSE, which went on great as always.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
Helmdawg

Thanks All.. I will wait another week or so to see if it adhere's to the screen, if not, I will try something else.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Did you make sure sure screen was completely clean and oil free when you applied the SP protector? I've had good luck with them, but on the Pearl they did tend to come up easier than on the Curve and Bold.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:23 AM   #6
Helmdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Did you make sure sure screen was completely clean and oil free when you applied the SP protector? I've had good luck with them, but on the Pearl they did tend to come up easier than on the Curve and Bold.
I did clean the screen very well. I noticed the cut on this protector is a bit off. I aligned it starting from top left hand corner down and the bottom of the protector overlaps with the lip right above menu and call keys...
Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 AM   #7
Serkle K
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: ... --- ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
Hi All:

I recently purchased screen protectors from screen patronus for my 8900 which come highly recommended from a few folks here and I agree, they are great.

However, the bottom part of the screen/protector is lifted and has not yet settled. On patronus website, they state that it can take up to about a week to settle due to the rigidity of the product (its been about a week since I installed it).

Has anyone noticed this and has your screen protector settled flat to the screen after time?

Thanks
I have this on my Bold. About 1 1/2 of the edges has completely sealed. I've had ito n my Bold since around Christmas and I have not had any issues with it. I was a little concerned at first, but I figured to give it a try. You can't even notice the edges when the device is on. And it's not been a poblem at all, that it's not completely sealed. the parts that are closest to the bezel are the parts not completely sealed. I say get your $8 worth and wait till you're on your last screen protector and then look to try something else. Good luck!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #8
Helmdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
I have this on my Bold. About 1 1/2 of the edges has completely sealed. I've had ito n my Bold since around Christmas and I have not had any issues with it. I was a little concerned at first, but I figured to give it a try. You can't even notice the edges when the device is on. And it's not been a poblem at all, that it's not completely sealed. the parts that are closest to the bezel are the parts not completely sealed. I say get your $8 worth and wait till you're on your last screen protector and then look to try something else. Good luck!
I agree with both getting my monies worth and that its the part closest to the bezel that is problem. I will say though that the clarity is great on these!!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #9
Serkle K
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: ... --- ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
I agree with both getting my monies worth and that its the part closest to the bezel that is problem. I will say though that the clarity is great on these!!
BTW, FWIW, if you read the insert that came with the screen protectors, it says it's washable/reusable... I looked into this on their website, and apparently you should be able to rinse it off, shake it dry, and re-apply. I have not had to try this out just yet, but if it does work out that way, this will probably be the greatest $8.00 I have ever spent!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
Helmdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
BTW, FWIW, if you read the insert that came with the screen protectors, it says it's washable/reusable... I looked into this on their website, and apparently you should be able to rinse it off, shake it dry, and re-apply. I have not had to try this out just yet, but if it does work out that way, this will probably be the greatest $8.00 I have ever spent!
I tried it and accidently got dust on it so that protector was a goner, serves me right, I should have read the directions
Closed Thread