BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:13 PM   #21
cgfj

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: alltel

Please Login to Remove!

If you are using Google Apps, you won't get your email pushed unless you get RIM to add your domain to their gmail notifier server. You need to contact your carrier support and get through to RIM that way. You need to be persistent with the carrier because they aren't going to know what you're talking about, but when they get through to RIM, their support knows exactly what needs to be done.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:46 PM   #22
bevy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

This is getting ridiculous. For the last 5 weeks or so, I have been receving my Gmail BIS emails often as late as 2 or 3 hours after they were sent. WHAT IS WRONG?? Gmail used to be *instant* and now I am more often than not finding out that I have new mail by logging in to my gmail account on a computer, because it's taking so long to get pushed to my BB.

This is getting REALLY frustrating.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:05 PM   #23
ifilestuff
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

Today my gmail was showing up on my bb before it got to my laptop. Its really fast for me.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:14 PM   #24
pversh

Model: 8330
PIN: 317ddce1
Carrier: Verizon

I have the same issue, i have the 8130 on Verizon -I recently switched from the 8830 and on the 8830 i received gmail messages instantly, now with the pearl however, it takes upto an hour, i rarely receive them instatnly. When i call the Verizon tech support they play dumb, (maybe they just are) and are unhelpfull. i tried having gmail forward my messages to my BB, but when i reply from my BB i cant change the account id like to reply from, does anyone have a solution ?
Old 01-31-2008, 04:12 PM   #25
Demon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 304fcd63
Carrier: Verizon

Mine have been coming quicker than the last couple weeks, but nowhere near as instant as they used to be. They have been coming in batches. I will never get just one email, at least two at a time.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #26
riy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

I just purchased my curve thru ATT and setup my domain name using gmail server thru BIS on the web. Pop seems pretty quick, imap takes 15minutes. Would having rim make this change for my domain name make any difference ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgfj View Post
If you are using Google Apps, you won't get your email pushed unless you get RIM to add your domain to their gmail notifier server. You need to contact your carrier support and get through to RIM that way. You need to be persistent with the carrier because they aren't going to know what you're talking about, but when they get through to RIM, their support knows exactly what needs to be done.
Closed Thread