Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
dunwoodygator

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default MS Outlook Calender Sync issue with BIS

Please Login to Remove!

I sent about 1/2 hour using the search but was unable to find anything. I am hoping that I am missing something easy.

I have a Pearl (8130) and am using Desktop Software Version 4.3

I am trying to sync my Outlook calendar via usb. My contacts are syncing fine. I set it up to sync my contacts and calender. For the calendar is set it to push all data to my phone. When I look at the sync log, it does not even mention my calendar.

What am I missing?
Old 02-21-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoodygator View Post
I sent about 1/2 hour using the search but was unable to find anything. I am hoping that I am missing something easy.

I have a Pearl (8130) and am using Desktop Software Version 4.3

I am trying to sync my Outlook calendar via usb. My contacts are syncing fine. I set it up to sync my contacts and calender. For the calendar is set it to push all data to my phone. When I look at the sync log, it does not even mention my calendar.

What am I missing?
Desktop Manager>Syncronize>Configuration>Reset Configuration
Now go into Configure Synch and Check Calendar, it should ask you which type "Outlook", then ensure your profile is selected. Then add contacts, etc.
Save

Now try synching again.

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 02-21-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
Stuka
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Uscellular

Another issue that can come up, which I ran into was multiple calendars. I had exactly the same problem and more than one email account which triggers more than one calendar. Like someone else said" I have enough problems keeping one calendar updated, why two or more!".
If you have more than one email, check Options/advanced options/service books. Under each email account you may have two entries, one CICAL and the other MIME. Delete the CICAL entry for each account, save, reset. Then synch and it should then update you calendar according to your settings. Took me two weeks of wading thru forums, but it worded. For piece of mind, backup your entire platform first.
Good luck.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
dunwoodygator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Desktop Manager>Syncronize>Configuration>Reset Configuration
Now go into Configure Synch and Check Calendar, it should ask you which type "Outlook", then ensure your profile is selected. Then add contacts, etc.
Save

Now try synching again.
I followed your steps. The only profile that I had in the drop down list was "outlook". When I tried to sync, it looked like it was synching but noting happened. When I went to look at the sync log, the button was disabled.

I only have one calendar.

Any other suggestions?
Old 02-21-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

When you select Outlook it should ask for Profile. Are you logged in under that profile? The only other thought I have is to deinstall DM and try reinstalling.

Might watch the thread to see if others chime in.

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs

Last edited by Thatzmister2u; 02-21-2008 at 07:51 PM..
Old 02-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
dunwoodygator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
When you select Outlook it should ask for Profile. Are you logged in under that profile? The only other thought I have is to deinstall DM and try reinstalling.

Might watch the thread to see if others chime in.

E-
Thanks for the reply. Not sure what you mean by "logged in under that profile". The only profile available to choose is 'outlook'.

Since I am trying to sync with my work laptop, I took a look at a co-worker's setup. His was exactly the same as mine. His calendar worked. Additionally, Tasks also sych for me. Everything but my calendar. Very odd.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #7
dunwoodygator

Ok, new clue here:

When I go to my calendar on the BB and go to options, the calendar name is my work email address. Is that what it should be?
Old 02-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #8
jfisher99

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dunwoodygator, I'm a new BB Pearl user and I'm having exactly the same problem. All outlook 2003 objects synch except calendar (tasks, contacts, memos). Nothing in the log to even show that it attempts to synch the calendar. I've changed everything I can think of in the Intellisync sync config options, but, like you, my setup is very simple. If you learn anything, let me know and I'll do the same.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #9
Stuka

Hey all, try my suggestion above if you havent already(not clear to me). I had exactly the same problem. If you dont have a CICAL file in your Service book, then thats not it. Usually you have a CICAL entry and a CMIME. deleting the CICAL entry for each email account on your device, resetting(battery pull or reset) forces the unit to use a default calendar. Re sync with outlook and you should have the issue solved.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #10
dunwoodygator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
Hey all, try my suggestion above if you havent already(not clear to me). I had exactly the same problem. If you dont have a CICAL file in your Service book, then thats not it. Usually you have a CICAL entry and a CMIME. deleting the CICAL entry for each email account on your device, resetting(battery pull or reset) forces the unit to use a default calendar. Re sync with outlook and you should have the issue solved.
Stuka - My apologies and gratitude!

I did a poor job of reading your first post. I did exactly what you said and it worked. Thank you very much!
Old 02-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #11
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

When you save an entry into a device running O.S. 4.3 with multiple calendars (beause of multiple emails addresses) you can only sync the default calendar.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #12
Stuka

Glad I could help. Im new to the bb's myself, so I know how it can be. Someone else said they have enough trouble keeping one calendar current, why more than one and double trouble. LOL Someone else's post put me on to this, so I dont get all the credit. There was some issue of this problem recurring, I haven't seen it, but the same cure can be done. Its hard to get your head around syncing and managing multiple calendars.
Enjoy.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:33 PM   #13
jfisher99

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dunwoodygator and stuka -- forgive my newbie-ness...but I can't seem to follow the thread. Where would I find <Options/advanced options/service books>? How do I access the Service Books? I've looked through everything I can think of in both my BB Pearl and my Desktop Manager but to no avail. I found a link through my BB email setup to "Send Service Books" but that seems to dead end to "Service Books were successfully sent". Also, I only have one email address configured on my BB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #14
Stuka

Red face

On your phone look for the wrench icon, click then highlight and click Options-Advance. Then highlight service books, click and you you should see a bunch of check marks in front of various items. Each email account you have on your bb will have two entries. One CICAL and the other CMIMI. dont ask me what they mean or what the services represent, Im new to this too. LOL.
HIghlight each CICAL entry, hit menu and then delete the entry. Leave the CMIME files, i.e. dont delete them. Do this for every CICAL entry(email account). Close out. YOu probably should do a reset or a battery pull in abcense of software reset which most units dont have. Not sure you have to d0 this, but then Im rather anal this way. Then connect your unit to desktop manager. Make sure your dm settings are the way you want them and then resync. Ive set up my manager so that I have to manually hit the sync button. This way, I can hook up my phone, and then any configuration changes I might want such as Outlook to bb rather than bb to outlook. then I start the sync. It works, but dont ask me why.
You needn't apologize for yourself. Ive been using win mobile on an Ipaq for years and there is decided learning curve using the bb. Like any new items.
Enjoy
Old 02-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #15
artie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Q10
Carrier: Sprint
Default Both service books

I have both service books on my device for each email account and have no problems synching my address book or anything else. Is it beacuse I'm on Bis?
Old 02-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #16
CaseLogic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZW

I've been running into Calendar issues and I'm willing to try out this method. But before I do, what impact does removing the CICAL entry do? What's the purpose of CICAL?
Old 02-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #17
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseLogic View Post
I've been running into Calendar issues and I'm willing to try out this method. But before I do, what impact does removing the CICAL entry do? What's the purpose of CICAL?
What problems are you haveing I have never had to delete these on any of my BB's.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #18
CaseLogic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZW

Everytime I would hit "Synchronize" it wouldn't actually work, it would just exit back out without any errors or logs. However after deleting the CICAL entries it works now!

I had tried different versions of DM, using different computers, etc, but no fix worked until now
Closed Thread