BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
mprocacc

Model: 7250
Default Truncated or partial attachments when forwarded

Please Login to Remove!

Hi and Help!

I have a BB 7250 from Verizon. I'm having email from my comcast.net email account forwarded to the BB. If an message coming from comcast has an attachment of any real size (say over 80kb), the attachment is truncated. If I try to open the attachment in the BB Webclient, the attachment won't successfully open because it hasn't been completely forwarded. And if I try to forward the email from the Webclient (or from my BB) to another recipient, the attachment is obviously unreadable.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Matt
Old 03-22-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
jellis00

Model: 7105

Matt, you are one step ahead of me..I have a BB 7105 and when I attempt to connect to set it up for email from comcast.net it goes thru the steps but then keeps coming back and telling me I have no email account. Contacted comcast techsupport and they don't have a clue. How did you get your BB to connect to comcast.net??...any special setup techniques??
Old 04-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #3
0siris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: US Cellular

mprocacc,

This appears to be a known issue. I'm in Blackberry support for US Cellular, and our customers are seeing the same thing. In fact, I have Comcast myself, and I can reproduce the problem. RIM already knew of the problem when it came to images >100KB in size. Customers I've spoken with have experienced it with PDF's and XLS spreadsheets, too. I'm sure the others would apply also.

I'm working with RIM to check this out.

jellis00, I think mprocacc is talking about something different. He has his emails getting sent to the blackberry (I presume via BIS). You appear to be talking about logging in to your Comcast account via the browser. I'll see what we can do here.

Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792
Closed Thread