fotnost
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Reliance India
Default Strange Google Talk IT Policy Issue

Please Login to Remove!

using Bold 9900 with the latest 7.0.0.746 OS and am on BIS

my Google talk always worked fine up until yesterday. All other services are working fine - Yahoo Messenger, BBM, WhatsApp and my E-Mail. But Google Talk is giving me Connection Error 65

Tried Hard boot and BRT - did not help. I discovered that under - Security - Security Status Information (IT Policy) - There is an entry of the GTALK Service Book...

if I click the BlackBerry key on it - it gives me the following options - Verify Security Software, Regenerate Encryption Key, Save, Help and Close.

There is no way I can take that Service Book Entry from there (cnnot delete)

I googled for IT policy issues - and - wiped my device using wipe feature.. did not work

did it from desktop manager - security tools.... did not work

and after wipe .. i did hard boot - i am not even restoring from a backup

even if i manually try to sign in... as soon as i do enter my username and password.... this entry appears... before that the entry is not there

can anyone help? my service provider is not even understanding the issue :(

P.S - If i go to Device - status - and then type "BUYR" on the keypad - the additional line of info that appears says IT POLICY = DISABLED (strange) ... so that means the OS doesn't have it?

why is Google Talk the only thing getting blocked everytime?

Last edited by fotnost; 11-09-2012 at 05:37 PM..
Old 11-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Strange Google Talk IT Policy Issue

Read here

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
Old 11-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
fotnost

that document has got nothing to do with my issue
Old 11-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotnost View Post
using Bold 9900 with the latest 7.0.0.746 OS and am on BIS

my Google talk always worked fine up until yesterday. All other services are working fine - Yahoo Messenger, BBM, WhatsApp and my E-Mail. But Google Talk is giving me Connection Error 65

Tried Hard boot and BRT - did not help. I discovered that under - Security - Security Status Information (IT Policy) - There is an entry of the GTALK Service Book...

if I click the BlackBerry key on it - it gives me the following options - Verify Security Software, Regenerate Encryption Key, Save, Help and Close.

There is no way I can take that Service Book Entry from there (cnnot delete)

I googled for IT policy issues - and - wiped my device using wipe feature.. did not work

did it from desktop manager - security tools.... did not work

and after wipe .. i did hard boot - i am not even restoring from a backup

even if i manually try to sign in... as soon as i do enter my username and password.... this entry appears... before that the entry is not there

can anyone help? my service provider is not even understanding the issue :(

P.S - If i go to Device - status - and then type "BUYR" on the keypad - the additional line of info that appears says IT POLICY = DISABLED (strange) ... so that means the OS doesn't have it?

why is Google Talk the only thing getting blocked everytime?
I had that years ago when it was 1st introduced to BB and it turned out to be the carrier blocking the service. You might want to check with your carrier and see if there's an issue on their side with this. It's a blocked port somewhere down the line.

The IT policy being disabled is fine and is not what's causing the problem. Later versions of OS 7.1 (BIS only) do not have an IT policy associated with the device - that was a problem with some previous releases of the OS.

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 11-15-2012, 02:40 AM   #5
fotnost

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I had that years ago when it was 1st introduced to BB and it turned out to be the carrier blocking the service. You might want to check with your carrier and see if there's an issue on their side with this. It's a blocked port somewhere down the line.

The IT policy being disabled is fine and is not what's causing the problem. Later versions of OS 7.1 (BIS only) do not have an IT policy associated with the device - that was a problem with some previous releases of the OS.
thank you....

yes i am on BIS but this is a BES kind of behavior where in as soon as i try to open the google talk app and the sign-in even occurs.. the particular service book gets blocked (port being blocked)

you are right

did raise an issue with my service provider.... they were reluctant but finally agreed to their mistake...

however i am on an unlimited BIS plan.. so they dont know why it's happening... they even deleted my entire subsciber and re-created.. doesn't help

in the meanwhile i got to do a selective re-store from my friend's service book back-up who is using another service provider... works that way

thanks people
Closed Thread