Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
Jolly_Rogers

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default This is why I truly love blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

This is my first time ever owning a blackberry and I've never been through so much crap in my entire life.Ive only owned it for 4 months and within that time span I've already went through 12 (now 13) blackberry's because of the defect within the device.The 10th time was because I lost it on the bus.

First couple of times it was the battery.I told the verzion guy that my phone won't charge via the pc. He said "ya sometimes it won't work,you have to use the one that it comes with." I told him,i use the PC one because the one that it comes with along with my three other extra chargers that i purchased, won't charge the bb.(BB's destroyed: 4)

Then it magically deleted all the contacts,dates,task's and everything not saved on the sim card.(BB's destroyed: 3)

I'm trying to upgrade the OS through blackberry manager,but something is corrupting the information on the BB causing me to get another one.(BB's destroyed: 2)

Ive tried using it as an alarm clock and It didn't ring at all.That cost me my Job.I even tested it to see if I just didn't wake up,so I set it to ring within the next two minutes.Nothing.(BB's destroyed: 1)

This amazing battery life that I keep reading about apparently does not exist in this phone.After a few short hours of texting and using the GPS its dead.I tried using the FAQS in the help article and it still didn't do anything

Most of the good apps you have to pay for it.So I spent quite a bit on apps alone,not including

Then the ball doesn't work anymore,no response what so ever(BB's destroyed: 1)

I use to keep telling myself "no..no RIM is awsome Iphone sucks....its just me" until my beloved blackberry for no apparent reason refused to turn on (BB's destroyed: 1)

Next,it refused to work with my Pc. So all the important pictures,videos and documents on the phone has to be send via email. (BB's destroyed: 1)

So...in short I really hate blackberry.
Ive never been more disappointed with any other phone in my entire life. I use to be one of those die hard bb fans,before I actually got one.Defending its name and telling people how the iphone is just a large
Old 04-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Wow.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I have a suggestion:

Old 04-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

I think I'm going to leave this one alone.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #5
Jolly_Rogers

You guys are awsome.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

I hear that Jitterbug phone is becoming the new Hollywood bling accessory. My mother in law loves hers, and she's one stylish old broad!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #7
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
i lol'ed
Old 04-12-2010, 06:49 AM   #8
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (well lookie here!)

OP I understand your frustration! But there has to be more to this! I've had the same BB for 2 years and yet to experience anything near what you have! With any BB I've owned!
Not saying it didn't happen as you've described but to many things just aren't adding up. If a pc isn't charging did ya ever consider it is the pc and not the BB? I use several generic data cables with success!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:05 AM   #9
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
The stick people make it easy...

Looks like it also comes with an HD screen...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Kris
Old 04-12-2010, 07:55 AM   #10
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly_Rogers View Post
This is my first time ever owning a blackberry and I've never been through so much crap in my entire life.Ive only owned it for 4 months and within that time span I've already went through 12 (now 13) blackberry's because of the defect within the device.The 10th time was because I lost it on the bus.
Yeah, it's RIM's fault that you lost your device on the bus.

Quote:
First couple of times it was the battery.I told the verzion guy that my phone won't charge via the pc. He said "ya sometimes it won't work,you have to use the one that it comes with." I told him,i use the PC one because the one that it comes with along with my three other extra chargers that i purchased, won't charge the bb.(BB's destroyed: 4)
You need to have the drivers on your laptop/PC in order for the device to charge. There was nothing wrong with the device. No reason it shouldn't charge.
Quote:
Then it magically deleted all the contacts,dates,task's and everything not saved on the sim card.(BB's destroyed: 3)
Three BlackBerry devices did this? I would say that would be due to memory related issues. You stated below that you purchased many applications, this would also lead me to believe that it is memory related. Also, only contacts can be stored to the SIM, nothing else. If you were referring to the media card, none of those items can be stored there.

Quote:
I'm trying to upgrade the OS through blackberry manager,but something is corrupting the information on the BB causing me to get another one.(BB's destroyed: 2)
If you would have followed the steps provided many times on this forum and in the FAQ, you would know that you can update via Loader.exe that comes with the OS and you don't need DM. Also, this wouldn't cause you to need to replace your device. I have recovered MANY BlackBerry devices when the OS upgrade wouldn't go through the first time.
Quote:
Ive tried using it as an alarm clock and It didn't ring at all.That cost me my Job.I even tested it to see if I just didn't wake up,so I set it to ring within the next two minutes.Nothing.(BB's destroyed: 1)
To me, it seems that a setting wasn't set correctly.
Quote:
This amazing battery life that I keep reading about apparently does not exist in this phone.After a few short hours of texting and using the GPS its dead.I tried using the FAQS in the help article and it still didn't do anything
Leaving the GPS on for hours will certainly drain your battery quickly as well as many 3rd party apps. Obviously you didn't read the FAQ's closely as they clearly state to close out of all 3rd party applications.

Quote:
Most of the good apps you have to pay for it.So I spent quite a bit on apps alone,not including
This is what leads me to believe you were low on memory.
Quote:
Then the ball doesn't work anymore,no response what so ever(BB's destroyed: 1)
The trackball can be cleaned (using steps listed on this forum many times) and this usually fixes trackball related issues 90% of the time. If not, it can be replaced for ~$10. No need to replace the device.

Quote:
I use to keep telling myself "no..no RIM is awsome Iphone sucks....its just me" until my beloved blackberry for no apparent reason refused to turn on (BB's destroyed: 1)
Not enough information to go off of here. Could have been a battery related issue.
Quote:
Next,it refused to work with my Pc. So all the important pictures,videos and documents on the phone has to be send via email. (BB's destroyed: 1)
Sounds like Mass Storage Mode wasn't enabled. A simple settings switch could have fixed this. Again, no need to replace your BB.
Quote:
So...in short I really hate blackberry.
Ive never been more disappointed with any other phone in my entire life. I use to be one of those die hard bb fans,before I actually got one.Defending its name and telling people how the iphone is just a large
All of these issues seem user related IMO. I have had the same device as well for over 2 years and never had to replace the device. Never had these issues. You have been a member of this forum for over a year and your first post is telling us all of the issues that you've had and why you had to replace the BB 14 times or so. Not once did you ask anyone here for assistance or ideas on how to help solve your issues. I am pretty confident that you could still be on device #1 (minus losing the device on the bus) if you would have asked for assistance.

The bottom line here is that you're not happy with BlackBerry devices. No one here is telling you to stay with it. If it's not working for you or not the device for you, there are plenty of other choices out there. Go find a device that works well for you.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]

Last edited by jsconyers; 04-12-2010 at 07:56 AM..
Old 04-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

I've had 35 BlackBerry devices, loved them all, and only changed them to get the latest and greatest.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
Raptor464
Kid Tested. Mom Approved.

Model: 9700
PIN: eapple under the sea
Carrier: T-mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
I've had 35 BlackBerry devices, loved them all, and only changed them to get the latest and greatest.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #13
Noodle22

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

I've only had two, and the first ones damage was completely my fault. Using this site for information has helped me avoid any user-related issues, and I haven't ever had any non user-related issues.

I love my baby, but to each their own.
blue.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #14
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc
35 holy smokes!!

I have a new goal now!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #15
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner View Post

35 holy smokes!!

I have a new goal now!
Religious tobacco?
Old 04-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #16
Noodle22

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

Is this a new skit for American Idiot?
blue.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #17
Jolly_Rogers

If all of my issues are user related,then I wouldn't have made this thread.
I don't have to ask questions since generally people have the same ones and I just read up on what they did to fix the issue.
I like to do research before I decide to purchase a device.That's why its been nearly a year before I got a blackberry.
Nevertheless since I was confident in its abilities I went out and purchased a tour on a limb.

@jsconyers

All the things that you've said Ive already checked into:I had an 8gb,I already knew about the gps draining your battery,it wasn't the trackball that was the actual problem it was scrolling itself,the only way that I can update is by manually going through and doing it myself.Since I was short on time I figured I could just pop it in real quick and let DM do the work.

Even when I went to get this one fixed,the lady couldn't give me a tour because the dates were set in tokyo,and their wasn't a way you could change it so I just had one shipped over night.

Edit:
If anything I might just crossover to the pearl and wait for the 2nd one to come out or go get an iphone

Last edited by Jolly_Rogers; 04-14-2010 at 11:55 AM..
Old 04-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #18
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

I'd get the iPhone.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #19
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

I understand you had an 8Gb microSD card, but that means nothing when it comes to apps. Apps are stored on device memory. Therefore that would be the cause of your issues. The only thing you can store on your SD card is media (music, videos, pictures), not contacts, calendar appointments, apps, themes.

It appears that BlackBerry devices are not for you. I agree with the above that you should try another device.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 04-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #20
smkooq

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

never had any problems wit any blackberrys. Had the pearl, curve, an storm
Closed Thread