BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 11:54 PM   #1
GeneticFusion

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Just moved from iPhone to Blackberry....

Please Login to Remove!

My first Blackberry and its the bold. Loving it, but a few questions....

Anyway to see if a software update is available through your phone instead of looking online? If not, wheres the best website on here to see the latest version?

Anyway to disable Push E-mail?

When I try to log onto blackberry.att.com, it says my name is incorrect, when I try to sign up, it says my PIN is already in use, what would be my username?

Also, my Bold has about 2 dead pixels....and I just bought it today...if I go to AT&T, do you think they'd swap it?
Old 12-06-2008, 11:59 PM   #2
mike_187
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100

check the sticky on top of this forum. thats the latest software update.

doesn't sound right that your pin is already in use...
your username may not have to do anything with the att email because you can pick any username and have multiple email accounts set up..
maybe the best to call att about this...

as for the dead pixels i would be very dissapointed, i have never seen it on a blackberry yet. I would exchange it.

congrats on the switch i have done the same and never looked back
Old 12-07-2008, 12:02 AM   #3
GeneticFusion

Thank you Mike! I appreciate the quick response, unlike BlackBerry's official forums.

Unfortunately, AT&T is closed on Sundays, but I already know I need Tier II because I work for an AT&T Call Center....dang.

And I'll probably go to AT&T tomorrow, they are only noticeable on the Black screens, but really noticeable when watching CV since the edges are black.

Other than that, I love this phone!!!! iPhone and Blackberry both have its up and downs...but I'm loving the Blackberry a little bit more so far.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
billy750
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: T-Mobile

i made the move 3 days ago... and guess what...F the iphone... hahaha j/k j/k...
best phone i ever used so far...!!!! "I AM LOVING IT"
Old 12-08-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
impegio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: WIND IT

yes me 2. There are many differences but once you get to use Bold, you are loving it. For us we came from iphone to BB it's big difference the data plan, or how the updates work, but Bold definitely worth it.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
mRsuhn

Welcome! Yea now you won't have to suffer the inevitable iPhone crash that happens at least twice a day. Man i hated the iPhone for that reason.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:37 AM   #7
Drewdatrip
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticFusion View Post
Thank you Mike! I appreciate the quick response, unlike BlackBerry's official forums.

Unfortunately, AT&T is closed on Sundays, but I already know I need Tier II because I work for an AT&T Call Center....dang.

And I'll probably go to AT&T tomorrow, they are only noticeable on the Black screens, but really noticeable when watching CV since the edges are black.

Other than that, I love this phone!!!! iPhone and Blackberry both have its up and downs...but I'm loving the Blackberry a little bit more so far.
Did you buy the Bold or was it giving to you by ATT? depending on ur answer that might be why ur pin is already been used.
If u are keeping the phone just call blackberry support via 611 and have them reset the user and pass so u can resign up on the att site.

As for the Sunday thing..only CARE is closed not the store front..belive me, im there EVERY sunday.

As for push email once u get the pin reset reg on the site for ur personal email and ull be pushing in no time
However if u have corp email through att ull have to add the corp feature through mycou, call tech and they will get ur enterprise activation sorted

The dead pixels would warrent an exchange, take it into a corp store and they should swap it out
Old 12-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
JV77
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Various

I made the same switch - amazes me how many people got rid of the iPhone for a Bold.

I loved the iPhone but am happier with my Bold and iPod touch combo (best of both worlds).

Are the dead pixels black? If not they are not dead they are stuck - either way I would take it back.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #9
GeneticFusion

I bought the phone because AT&T gave me an early upgrade after calling them on Saturday since my iPhone would need replaced for the 5th time. I went onto the BIS and created a username and password there, so that's all set.

I didnt call AT&T, I needed to buy a memory card so I just went there on Sunday, swapped it out for a new one, and this one is perfect.

Now if you were talking about "Customer Care," yes, they are closed, the only thing that is open is "After Hours" for emergencies.

The dead pixels were bright white, easily noticeable, but I got it fixed. =)
Old 12-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
jzarowitz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

i did that too... welcome aboard
Old 12-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #11
mjbanks
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Yeah I made the switch from the iPhone 3G to the Bold. Battery life and various features (copy/paste, MMS, stability, etc) are the major reasons. Other than having major issues trying to sync my data with my Mac (Missing Sync has big big problems with the Bold right now), I'm loving it. The only thing I wish it had was an integrated app store that allowed for updating the apps you have installed easily.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #12
aliebe

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I had the same issue with the "pin already in use." What I did was create my userid from the phone. This is different than creating the att.blackberry.net email (at least for me it was). Once I did that, then validated my email accounts, I was in.
Closed Thread