Old 12-19-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
Mosbb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Att
Default Bold And Mms

Please Login to Remove!

I searched and could not find any threads that deal with not being able to send and receive mms's. I received a picture (not high resolution) and the bold said it was retreiving it but than just STOPS. I can't send either the bold just stops and puts a X on the message. This happenes on .190- 210.-214, hopefully I got the numbers right. Any advise on how to get this to work? I feel like I have an iphone!
Old 12-20-2008, 12:06 AM   #2
billy750
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

lol.... my .190 works for me.... hmm....
Old 12-20-2008, 12:39 AM   #3
laurmac

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Try sending yourself an mms. I had this problem when I had my Curve and that fixed it.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
Mosbb

Carrier: Att

Just tried sending myself an mms with plain 3 words and got an X which shows could not be sent. This is on the now .214. Any other suggestions I can try?
Old 12-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Problems with MMS are almost always due to the carrier, not the device. Make sure your plan includes MMS of course and resend the service books and then contact your carrier. The X means that phone tried to send it over the network and failed.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
mattma43

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

It also could be the Blackberry itself, I got my Bold on 12/17/08 could not receive MMS's, did the usual troubleshooting with the call center, account was setup correctly. Moved SIM to a Motorola Razor, sent and received MMS's.

Went back to the store on the next day and worked with a wonderful sales person, who worked with at 2nd level tech, first working on the one I bought, then they switched the SIM card to a new Bold. MMS worked.

Went home and backed up my apps and data, and returned to the store and got a replacement. Tested it to make sure I was able to send/receive MMS before I left the store.

Now my only fear is that if I go to a newer OS version I will lose them.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
weirdgod

Model: 8820
Carrier: simobil

I have a weird problem- with Bold, and same with previous 8820... (so i think it is not phone's problem but carrier's settings or default settings in phone)...

Both phones came from abroad (so they were preconfigured for other service providers than mine)...

What happens is that i can send MMS ok - and recepient gets it.
But when anyone wants to send me MMS, i never get it, not even an notification about it... nothing at all. so i do not know whether someone is trying to send me mms...

i discuessed this problem with my service provider's tech support (level2) and they assured me, that this is preconfigured in phone itself, and they cannot fix it with sending some proper service books...

now- since you are allowed to change mms configuration even on cheapers phones from 10 years ago, i am shocked if this is true... then RIM is shit.

But still - i trust that there must be a way around this problem?
Any ideas how to start checking things to see where the problem lies?

thanks,
jaka
Closed Thread