windycitybberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAZZI View Post
hey guys, i am thinking to get the curve total body skin or the invisible shield. which one do you guys suggest the whole body or just for the screen? also, i want to pair this up with BB OEM Holster. with the invisible shield or body skin...does it feel sticky and loses it stickyness easily? hopefully it will be a simple step by step on putting on my curve. any suggestions? thanks guys.
hey parazzi-
i actually have the same exact set-up that you are thinking about. i have the invisible shield (screen protector) with my stock leather pouch that came in the box with the curve. i love it and find it to be the best protection for the curve while not sacrificing lots of bulk.
the invisible shield does not feel sticky but it does give the screen a bit better grip and makes wiping the smudges off alot easier. i opted for just the screen protector because trying to install the full body skin would have been too difficult, not protected all of the curve anyway, and in my opinion not necessary since the top, and sides of the curve are rubber anyway.
i like the invisible shield screen protector against all of the rest because it protects the whole screen and not just the rectangular portion that is the screen. the only thing i am considering now, is the seidio rubberized battery cover. it replaces and protects the area that is the battery cover and also adds a hole/screen over the area where the speaker is and claims to make the speakerphone/ringer even louder since it isn't being covered up. i'm just waiting on that since it isn't a big deal if my battery cover gets scuffed up. it's the screen i try to keep nick-free.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #162
wellChuffed

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Sena Case

For my curve I use a flip-down Sena case. 'Skin' cases are nice but I really feel the need for some type of cover, be it a 'flip-up' or 'flip-down' cover to protect the screen.

Mine is black. I've had Sena cases on my Treo and Palm E2. They fit very tightly and break in nicely.

Sena Cases - Premium Leather Cases : BlackBerry case, iPhone case, Treo case, iPod Touch case, and other PDA cases
Old 04-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #163
MaxDiggity
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Vodafone

I'm actually using the original holster paired with a screen protector and a black skin; had to cut out a small edge (and melt the rest with a lighter...might have to sew if it begins to tear) so I could use headphones with it due to the lack of alternatives- all the cases you can order over here without paying horrendous shipping fees look like my grandmother designed them. :P

Works for me.

Besides I kinda refuse to spend money cuz they phail to supply a halfway decent case...

Last edited by MaxDiggity; 04-12-2008 at 12:23 AM..
Old 04-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #164
CFD323
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm getting a Curve in the very near future and I was looking for a holster to carry it in.

I read a review on the SmartPhone Experts Side Pouch holster and it seems like what I'm looking for. I'm also looking to add a skin to it in order to protect against the times that I drop it on the floor.

Does anyone know if the BB with a skin on it, will fit in this SmartPhone holster? Or do I have to get a bigger holster?

Here's the holster: Smartphone Experts SidePouch for BlackBerry 8300 Series - ShopCrackBerry

Here's the skin: BlackBerry Skin Case for 8300 Series - ShopCrackBerry

Thanks a ton

Last edited by CFD323; 04-12-2008 at 11:06 AM..
Old 04-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #165
Gkins3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 24B4032B
Exclamation Skin Case Holster

For anyone that owns the Seido Skin Case Holster (below)...

Is there a grove on the inside to protect the trackball? Seems like if there wasnt there would be some ultimate damage to the ball.

I sent Seido an email and all I got back in response was "all our cases are built to work perfectly with all Blackberry models." Never actually said yes or no.

Thank you in advance...

Old 04-14-2008, 06:54 AM   #166
EalingBB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

In case its of interest I've just received the Seidio SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE & HOLSTER COMBO-BLACKBERRY CURVE in black for my 8310. Bearing in mind these cost $78 including shipping to the UK my initial reaction is not favourable.

I'll live with the thing and see it it grows on me but initial thoughts are:

The "rubberised" skin is not really runbbersed, I'd have prefered it to have a more grippy surface more like the rubber skins you can buy

The fit isn't good and, to be honest, it doesn't seem customised to the 8300 series. My main gripe is on the front that the curved plate at the top cuts in and masks the BlackBerry branding name and logo plus also the proud centre bar section separating the screen and primary keys plus trackball catches on the thumb making easy use more difficult.

On the back there's an elongated oval cut out at top left. Don't know why this is there but the word Blackberry can just be seen at the very bottom of the cut out although the "B" plus also the letters "rry" are cut off at the end. This in particular looks aweful visually. If the cut out is there to display the logo and word BlackBerry then surely this should be centred neatly in the void?

This is the case they sell for the 8310 but, to be honest, it almost seems to be designed for a different layout. Really does not look good at all.

The holster is okay but does not give the impession of being well made. We'll see but I suspect it will not last long in use.

All in all I wish I had not bought this and stuck to the leather Blackberry holster plus rubber skin I had been using.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:49 AM   #167
Winston S.
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkins3 View Post
Is there a grove on the inside to protect the trackball? Seems like if there wasnt there would be some ultimate damage to the ball.
I don't have the skin holster but I do have the holster. I think this is worthy mentioning as it may address your concern. When the skin is on the blackberry it does add a few mm, one or two to the overall thickness of the blackberry. Once the skin is on the curve, the trackball is recessed and, if this makes sense, probably does not come in contact with the holster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBennett View Post
On the back there's an elongated oval cut out at top left. Don't know why this is there but the word Blackberry can just be seen at the very bottom of the cut out although the "B" plus also the letters "rry" are cut off at the end. This in particular looks aweful visually. If the cut out is there to display the logo and word BlackBerry then surely this should be centred neatly in the void?

This is the case they sell for the 8310 but, to be honest, it almost seems to be designed for a different layout. Really does not look good at all.
I believe the oval cut out you are referring to is made for the Seidio Curve battery cover. Their battery cover is made to allow for a more audible speaker and has been designed with a hole there for the speaker, hence the cutout in the skin.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #168
Gkins3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post
I think this is worthy mentioning as it may address your concern. When the skin is on the blackberry it does add a few mm, one or two to the overall thickness of the blackberry. Once the skin is on the curve, the trackball is recessed and, if this makes sense, probably does not come in contact with the holster.
Thank you for the response. However, I currently have the skin on and while it does add some thickness around the sides and top, the trackball is still the highest point on the unit.

I have had some issues in the past with damaged trackballs so I am leary of having it pressed in when placed face-first into the holster. I think I will just move on and figure on another holster/case.

Thanks again.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #169
Coach Lon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Seidio Clip A-OK

I'm just now upgrading from an 8100 to a 8310 and own the this clip combo for my 8100 Pearl. The track ball is safe and secure face-first, and I have not experienced any problems on my original purchase. My clip did have to be replaced under warranty after almost 12 months of daily use, which they honored with no hassle.

Last edited by Coach Lon; 05-22-2008 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: content
Old 05-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #170
Gkins3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Lon View Post
I'm just now upgrading from an 8100 to a 8310 and own the this clip combo. The track ball is safe and secure face-first, and I have not experienced any problems on my original purchase. My clip did have to be replaced under warranty after almost 12 months of daily use, which they honored with no hassle.
Sorry about reviving an older topic... but I went with your input Coach and ordered the case anyway... and I am glad I did! The case does have a concave section in the middle to give the trackball some extra space and it holds the phone secure. I have owned many BB cases over the years and this one is by far the best (well... close to the OEM case with the 8700's).

Thanks again for the input.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #171
jack55

Model: STORM

I've use two cases... depends on my mood. The skin seems to be the best protector, but it hides the red faceplate, so I use the leather case mostly.

Last edited by jack55; 05-02-2008 at 05:46 PM..
Old 05-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #172
legacyb4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

I do like the looks of the Blackberry Curve Holster:

Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry Curve Holster (Black Leather)

Anyone using this and any issues?
Old 05-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #173
jack55

Model: STORM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyb4 View Post

Sheesh.... all you had to do was look at the last post before posting!
Mine, which is red is exactly like the one you want.
Works great... no issues.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #174
legacyb4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Ha ha, you're right.

Will have to find a local distributor; shipping to Canada costs way too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack55 View Post
Sheesh.... all you had to do was look at the last post before posting!
Mine, which is red is exactly like the one you want.
Works great... no issues.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #175
berrywizkid
No longer Registered.

PIN: 20ceb36a
Carrier: Bold 9000 Blacked out from cnnl & Apple's AT&T

I like vaja cases at vaja.com
Old 05-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #176
Coach Lon
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm using a clip that was given to me by an AT&T rep that they sell in-store. It's an AGF clip for an unskinned Curve. Works very well so far, has a smaller lock mechanism that I'm accustomed to with Seidio, which I'm still getting adjusted to. I might get a Seidio clip anyway since it's my preference, but I'm not locked in to getting the case and door combo anymore. I'm liking the feel and sound of a skinless Curve at the moment.

Last edited by Coach Lon; 05-22-2008 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: content
Old 05-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #177
EalingBB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyb4 View Post

I have two of these, one in burgundy red and the other in black. I highly recommend these and they are extremelly good value for money, way less than the Seido product and much better made. A very good and very smart case.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #178
p nut
Thumbs Must Hurt

I've got the OEM leather (or pleather) case and had no idea about the power saving feature, until one day I laid the phone ON the case on my desk and the screen went blank. I thought it died, so I picked it up and it came back on. Must've played with it for a good 5 min. :D I do wish that it had better protection on top, as the whole topside is exposed. I do like the case, though. Much better than the skin (still sitting in its packaging).
Old 05-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #179
llxtheonexll

Carrier: t-mobile

I noticed that on the first couple pages of this thread ppl said they were getting the oem leather holsters for real cheap from best buy like 14 dollars or something. Well, I went to bestbuy.com and they were selling for 29.99. Does anybody know if this was just a limited time sale thing or in store special or what? Does anybody know where I can get the oem case the cheapest?
Old 05-07-2008, 02:25 AM   #180
sheba619

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I just received the Seidio burgundy rubberized skin and holster today. I was surprised it was rigid like a crystal case and comes apart. I was expecting a flexible skin. It was easy to put on and fits nicely in the Seidio holster for skinned bb's. The holster does have an indentation for the trackball and there was a sticky on holster to show where it is.

I had been using the Blackberry brand leather case, but I wanted to try a skin and holster combo to see if I liked it better and if it is more convenient and offers better protection than the bb leather case alone.
Closed Thread