kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 2159FC90
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews240
I'm interested!!! I share the size and reasonable price sentiment that most here does>
Ditto. I would pay good money if the battery were a 2100mAH and the same thickness maintained then I would buy 2 of them.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #22
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

As stated above getting a 2100mAH battery into the Pearl without changing the door would be very difficult IMO. And changing the door is not gonna let the tight Seido cases snap together. I have one. Lastly, they're gonna have to do a test to convince me that it increases useage time significantly (by 50% or more). Price point is about $50. The stock battery is not that bad.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:17 PM   #23
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

I'm interested.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:36 AM   #24
seidioseidio

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Seidio is working on the extendced battery for BB 8100. It should be ready soon. Since it comes with the new battery door, we will add speaker holes on battery door. If you would like to be notified when the battery is released, please send an email to

[email address]

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]

Last edited by seidioseidio; 12-19-2006 at 07:13 AM..
Old 12-19-2006, 05:54 AM   #25
secrecyguy

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
Seidio is working on the extendced battery for BB 8100. It should be ready soon. Since it comes with the new battery door, we will add speaker holes on battery door.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
Seems like most people do not support the new extended battery if it require new battery door and it sticks out.

Why are you making it?
Old 12-19-2006, 07:18 AM   #26
SanFrancisco

PIN: HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
Seidio is working on the extendced battery for BB 8100. It should be ready soon. Since it comes with the new battery door, we will add speaker holes on battery door.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
I'm in as I need as much battery power as possible since I do not use a home land line, I'm wireless on phone service.

Hope the battery and door will not make the phone too big in the back.

A fat a## is never attractive.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:19 AM   #27
MooseBerry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: Up :)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I'll take one and I love the idea about the speaker holes, I might be able to hear the darn thing now!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #28
Traff2003

Carrier: O2

Definitely interested ...... If the price is right
Old 12-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #29
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

It is impossible to get more power from a battery of the same size and chemistry. If you want more power, you will need a LARGER battery AND a new battery door.

A non-OEM battery concerns me as RIM is using proprietary circuits in their battery or your BB will not work. This is why a lot of 3rd party battery makers are not selling BB batteries.

I do not use a skin as I dislike any case or skin that stays on the phone while in use. The added thickness will be noticable and yet not so much it will not still fit into my OEM case with swivel clip.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:16 PM   #30
YMark
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt
The added thickness will be noticable and yet not so much it will not still fit into my OEM case with swivel clip.
How do you know this?
Old 12-19-2006, 02:21 PM   #31
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrecyguy
Seems like most people do not support the new extended battery if it require new battery door and it sticks out.

Why are you making it?
Yes, this is a good question. We are developing this extended battery to meet the power user needs. We realize that we will not sell this battery to every BB 8100 user. but we want to make sure the extended battery is available when the users need it.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
Old 12-19-2006, 02:21 PM   #32
wickcity
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: cingular

With an extended battery, would it still fit in the unskinned holster? Thats key for me.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:31 PM   #33
jberry

I'm in. I don't care if it is bigger and requires a new door. As long as it came in a bundle with a new rubberized skin. Extra points if Seidio let me get a discount cause I bought their previous Rubberized skin for my 8100 that will no longer work with the new extended battery. Thanks!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #34
talipse

Model: 8700
Carrier: CIngular

Good luck, but I can Guarantee that no 3rd party battery will work in the 8100. RIM has developed an encrypted battery to prevent just this. RIM does not want peoples BlackBerry experience to be negatively effect with an inferrior battery. It is also to prevent cheaper 3rd party batteries from leaking and burining customers.

NO 3RD PARTY BATTERY WILL WORK!!!

seidioseidio I would look into this a little more before you continue.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:04 PM   #35
baccess
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Many
Carrier: Various

[QUOTE=talipse]Good luck, but I can Guarantee that no 3rd party battery will work in the 8100.

Now how can anyone "Guarantee" that it won't work?

Many people that use 8100s will purchase an extended battery and door combination, as they did with the 8700. Yes, it would be better if it were a RIM product as the 8700s were.

Sony HDD camcorders also had an "encrypted" battery and eventually third party products overcame the restriction, some worked well, some didn't.

Make em, let the market decide.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:24 PM   #36
seidioseidio

[QUOTE=baccess]
Quote:
Originally Posted by talipse
Good luck, but I can Guarantee that no 3rd party battery will work in the 8100.

Now how can anyone "Guarantee" that it won't work?

Many people that use 8100s will purchase an extended battery and door combination, as they did with the 8700. Yes, it would be better if it were a RIM product as the 8700s were.

Sony HDD camcorders also had an "encrypted" battery and eventually third party products overcame the restriction, some worked well, some didn't.

Make em, let the market decide.
Thank you for the encourgaement. This is what we need. Seidio will accept the challenge and continue the development work on Blackberry batteries. Seidio is the leading company in developing smartphone accessories including batteries. Here are some Seidio experience in Smartphone batteries.

1) Treo batteries
2) Moto Q batteries
3) PPC 6700 batteries
4) Cingular 8525 batteries
5) Blackberry batteries (??)

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
Old 12-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #37
dregan

Carrier: t-mobile

I may be in the minority but I think the battery life on the pearl is petty decent. Still, you can never have too much battery life so I'd buy an extended battery for the right price. As long as it doesn't affect the form factor. I had an extended battery for the Samsung a900 that stuck out of the back and looked horrible! I Wouldn't buy one of those for my pearl
Old 12-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #38
SanFrancisco

PIN: HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dregan
I may be in the minority but I think the battery life on the pearl is petty decent. Still, you can never have too much battery life so I'd buy an extended battery for the right price. As long as it doesn't affect the form factor. I had an extended battery for the Samsung a900 that stuck out of the back and looked horrible! I Wouldn't buy one of those for my pearl
Like I said, I need the extra power. Right now I have three OEM batteries, two are always fully charged and on back-up duty.

Here in San Francisco we have the earthquakes and other emergencies to deal with. It's possible that electric can go out for three or more days. In fact, isn't the Pacific Northwest without power now for a few days? So I at least want my phone to work, if the network is operational.

Also, if on the road, in a car or hiking, I want as much power as possible. I'm not saying I might get in the same predicament as those in the news lately [lost on roads or mountain climbing], but I like having lots of cell battery power nonetheless.

I don't get the "3rd party battery won't work" statement. Seems to me a Company the size and reputation of Seidio will be making sure the batteries work that they sell to us. We are not talking about some fly by night seller on eBay.

While OEM is nice, such batteries are expensive. I have over the years bought many non-OEM batteries for my devices, even all my Sony electronics. I have never been burned on any purchase to where the battery did not work. And I have bought maybe 200 of different types since the 90's.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #39
jberry

Yeah, I figured if Seidio is talking about it then they already figured out the licensing and the technology for the extended battery with RIM. They do alot of this stuff, give them some credit that maybe they're bright enough to have done their homework.

Cross your T's and dot your i's Seidio, don't half bake this battery.

David, do you have a working prototype of it yet?
Old 12-19-2006, 05:40 PM   #40
seidioseidio

I Hope we can have this battery ready by CES show time. by the way.
come visit Seidio in Las Vegas from Jan 8-11, we will present the 2007 CES show, come check us out at booth 35538 in the south Hall 4.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
Closed Thread