Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 07:10 PM   #41
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Here is a pic that might help in judging the thickness of the extended battery. It's better than the pic with the ruler.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 01-21-2007 at 08:03 PM..
Old 01-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #42
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

Ah! Pictures are deceiving! I was holding a quarter to compare and the "bulk" is really nothing!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:21 PM   #43
theanswriz42
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-mobile

Now I can't wait for them to release a battery close to the OEM size! Thanks for the review.

Cheers
Old 01-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #44
Jennesy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Agreed. Great Review.

From pictures that close up though that bulk can look like a mountain to some 8100 users
Old 01-22-2007, 12:05 AM   #45
tchao
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

the battery only added 50% of thickness of your pearl, but dont' worry, all you have to do is take 10 steps back and see it from a distance, the bulge will seem smaller.

lets all come up with ways to make this huge humpback whale seem smaller... see it with just 1 eye??? white-out???
Old 01-22-2007, 12:26 AM   #46
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchao
the battery only added 50% of thickness of your pearl, but dont' worry, all you have to do is take 10 steps back and see it from a distance, the bulge will seem smaller.

lets all come up with ways to make this huge humpback whale seem smaller... see it with just 1 eye??? white-out???
Hey I have an idea, if this battery bugs you so much why don't you just stop reading this thread and don't buy the battery.

Quit with the inane metaphors and analogies that don't add anything to the discussion. Your posts are the same as someone talking out loud at the movies.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:32 AM   #47
tchao
Thumbs Must Hurt

rather buy 5 original batteries from Blackberry OEM than 1 of this HIDEOUS looking thing for the same price, and still keep the lightweight and sleek look of our pearls.

with 5, you can have 1 of each at home, work, car, hmm..... maybe wife's car??.. and another one at your favorite restaurant if you want to. never have to worry about running out of juice. in addition to every home chargers, car chargers, anywhere there is a computer, which is every where nowaday

right now, i'm a proud owner, but if i have to carry that GROSS thing around, i'll be too embrassed to take it out of my pockets.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:48 AM   #48
tchao
Thumbs Must Hurt

SF, you've been very helpful to this forum, in fact, you've helped me couple times. but i just can't let some these things you said on this particular thread go without saying something

....with the bulge, it gives a floating in the air look. you're a funny guy. still laughing

....heavier phone is a good thing (i guess next gen of ipod will weight more for the same capacity)

....bulge in the back for better grip (i guess next gen of ipod will come with a handle for better grip)

....$50 for battery is a bargin (when oem is only $12-14)
Old 01-22-2007, 01:07 AM   #49
SanFrancisco

Now that's more like it. Intelligent comments and points.

Thank you.

In retort, the phone is not really that much heavier, which is why I posted the weights on the scale.

And the "bulge" is not that pronounced. Certainly not enough to cause me to say it's a deal breaker. [Recall I said that I am really picky on size of cell phones. If this battery compromised the Pearl's small form factor, I would have said so and also decided not to use it].

Lastly, I like the added heft. I had trouble keeping a grip of the Pearl. Usually I had to hold it with my fingertips. Now, I can grasp it better. It's almost like the Pearl in its original configuration was too thin and small.

But all that is just my opinion. Duly note that others may differ on what is important to them in terms of form factor, weight, etc.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 01-22-2007 at 01:13 AM..
Old 01-22-2007, 03:14 AM   #50
Sirius_GTO
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
By the way folks, I simply wanted to provide an in-depth review on this battery and cover and to address the concerns I think BBF members might have.

I don't see any need to post worthless comments on what a fool I am for getting this battery nor posting otherwise snide or derisive statements.
To be honest, I'm sure 90% of BBF appreciates your review. Anybody who takes time to create a wonderful review doesn't need to be criticized so harshly. When it comes to the battery, it's a personal preference. There isn't a need to say a person is stupid for choosing efficiency over looks. SanFrancisco as well as others just so happen to choose that way.

I know if I didn't have a landline phone, and I suffered from notorious blackouts, or I travel a lot, this seido battery will be the top of my choice. 50 bucks for a battery and a nice aftermarket battery cover is by no means a bad deal.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:17 AM   #51
Sirius_GTO

Quote:

Last edited by Sirius_GTO; 01-22-2007 at 11:35 AM..
Old 01-22-2007, 03:22 AM   #52
Sirius_GTO

:d ***

Last edited by Sirius_GTO; 01-22-2007 at 11:35 AM..
Old 01-22-2007, 06:40 AM   #53
Ironman1075
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: 9800-AT&T, iPhone 4
Thumbs up

I'm new to the forums so I like to read a lot of threads, I don't post a lot of comments cuz I'm not an expert like many of you are. Everyday I learn something new in BBF and I must say that some things don't fit my needs but I do appreciate the time and effort that the user put on sharing his or her knowledge with us.

That being said and all due respect for those that didn’t have a nice comment about the review and pics posted by SanFrancisco, I believe that this type of behavior is uncalled for. My understanding is that BBF is a community where people can share comments, ideas, etc and one has to take advantage of those things that you have a need for.

My 2 cents.

Thanks SF and keep it up.

BB Storm, Curve 8310, iPhone 3G
Old 01-22-2007, 09:06 AM   #54
kathrynhr

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman1075
Thanks SF and keep it up.
I agree. I enjoy reading your reviews, and appreciate the time you take to help the rest of us make informed decisions. I hope you choose to keep it up in spite of the, er, peanut gallery.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #55
tchao
Thumbs Must Hurt

gto, lay off the sauce before to you do something really bad

sf can give his review, so can i or everyone here. if you like it, say you like it. i don't, so i said i don't. what is the big deal???????? i don't have problem with giving a review, i just don't think floating look due to the hump, heavier phone, and bigger phone is what 99.999999999999% of the ppl out there are going for. what's why phones or any personal electronics are getting smaller and lighter.

yes... you do get more juice, i give you that. just don't say floating is great, heavier is great, bigger is great, b/c that don't fly with anyone with an ounce of brain

give counter points is what make this forums great. not just one 1 sided view. do we live in russia??? china??? iraq??? if you like communist feel free to move to those countries.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:51 AM   #56
kasperapd

Carrier: AT&T

It's time to stop the arguing and flaming each other. This is a place that everyone can post their thoughts and opinions, but this thread is starting to get nasty. If everyone can't behave themselves, the thread will most likely be closed.

Please try a Search
Old 01-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #57
tchao
Thumbs Must Hurt

do you like heavier phone, bigger phone, and floating look?????? unless your answers are yes, yes, yes. i would hope you would post your counter points so everyone could benefit from this forums.

i never said more juice is bad, i simply disagreed when someone trying to tell me bigger and heavier hump is better than the lightweight sleek look of pearl.

i would've been fine if he say something like: much more power, but it's heavier, bigger, and funny looking. but overall i'll still buy it b/c i don't have a land phone line.....

and what's wrong with informing fellow BBF members that OEM BB battery only costs $12. don't you want to know that if you are looking for one???
Old 01-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #58
BobMarley
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120

eghads!
Motorola TimePort: 98 - 02
Motorola Microtac: 92 - 98
Old 01-22-2007, 01:22 PM   #59
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

OEM has 900mAh, extended has 2400mAh which is basically 3 OEM batteries.

If you have rubberized case on, it'd be more of a hassle to take it off and replace it with another OEM battery.

3 OEM batteries @ $15 + shipping will basically amount to the price of the extended battery so there's no difference really except that you won't have to keep swapping out the OEM batteries.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:46 PM   #60
TheBigNewt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
do you like heavier phone, bigger phone, and floating look?????? unless your answers are yes, yes, yes. i would hope you would post your counter points so everyone could benefit from this forums.

i never said more juice is bad.
I think I'll love the floatation look. The more I look at those pix the more I wanna get ahold of some serious battery. Not more cowbell..MORE BATTERY!
And my advice to you is to start drinking heavily. (John Belushi--Animal House)