Old 04-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
lalalakers24
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Some Questions on the BIG update

Please Login to Remove!

ok.. so i just updated my bb to the new OS and there seem to be problems.

1. Does the font on the main home screen just seem BIGGER to any of you? In previous OS i had my font at 8, and that hasn't changed in this new OS. I have Today+ Plazmic theme and all the events' texts just look A LOT bigger now (for example the word "saturday" for the date is smaller than my event "dinner with family").. and no amount of font adjusting will make the fonts smaller. Also in the icon menu (when you press the blackberrry button from home) when you have you select an application, the text at the bottom of the screen (the name of the app) seem bigger too! am i just crazy?? this is driving me NUTS!

2. Also, is there any way to not have my calendar events such as FB birthdays show up? In the old OS, only the events i put in (via my blackberry email address) would show up on my main screen (via Today+ Plazmic theme).

help. please..
Old 04-04-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

1 - You are talking about the theme? The font settings you make in options, browser, and other applications don't have anything to do with theme fonts.

2 - Don't know. Maybe you've done already, but all I can think of is look in the option/settings for the FB app. Or maybe FB does a pluggin to the calendar, and there may be a setting there.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

It's in the facebook app settings. Under options, there are check boxes for things which include connecting your Facebook account with BB Calendar, Message, and Contacts. Uncheck the ones you don't want to sync. (I uncheck them all.)

Everytime I update an OS an either of my BBs, I have to go through and re-do this. I also have to go online to facebook to turn off all the notifications -- something about setting the app up on the BB turns on all the notifications for Facebook.
Closed Thread