Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
jlarry

Model: na
Carrier: Verizon
Exclamation Wireless Calendar Not Synchronzing

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All:
2 days ago I turned on the wireless PIM sync for all my users (37). Everything seems to be working except for the Calender. No one's calender is syncing in either direction. I checked BB knowledge base and tried ever thing suggested;clearing calendar Db and re-syncing, wiping the held and deleting account then reset account via Enterprise Activation.. Nothing works! I was running 4.1.2 and upgraded yesterday to 4.1.3.18 to see if that would fix it, to no avail. I'm running exchange 2000 and the BES is on a 2003 Server.

Your input is appreciated

-very frustrated

Last edited by jlarry; 04-26-2007 at 11:48 AM..
Old 04-26-2007, 04:13 PM   #2
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-mobile

You may have a greater problem since it is effecting all of your users, but when I have devices that won't sync calendar, I get the BB, turn off wireless calendar sync, resend a service book or policy so that I know its talking and then turn the wireless calendar back on. It starts syncing usually within an hour. Hope this helps.
BES 4.1
Old 04-26-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
jlarry

Unfortunatley I tried this previously. This is my very first time using the wireless sync function. I've sent new service books and resent the Policy everything works, but the Calendar on all my devices. Actually that's an assumption, unfortunately the company doesn't own the devices. Users buy their own and we take care of the BES and licensing. T-Mobile,Cingular,Verizon(mostly). Were/how can I check to see where the failure might be? Logs,etc. :(
Old 04-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-mobile

On the handheld, you can hold down ALT and type LGLG. this bring up the device logs. There should be events such as"a net.rim.calendar.ota - RXCd"

I would double check the BES to make sure that it says wireless calendar is enabled and that you don't have any policy preventing it.
BES 4.1
Old 04-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
b52junebug
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Many
Carrier: Corp demo abuser..

You may want to check the device itself and make sure that wireless sync is now set to on, in the calendar itself.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:03 AM   #6
AlanM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930

Make sure that the CDO.DLL in the windows\System32 directory is the same version on your Exchange. When you patch Exchange you need to run the same patch on your BES and make sur ethe CDO.DLL is updated as well.

Alan
Old 04-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #7
rliebsch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

Does the BlackBerry Manager indicate that Wireless Calendar Synchronization is enabled?

I'd also +1 to the CDO and MAPI version checks.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:28 AM   #8
jlarry

Thanks to all for replying I was out sick. Ok I have verified all settings on the BES, Desktop Manger and Devices. The CDO.dll file and the MAPI.dll are the same version. Here's the tricky part: I saw on a thread somewhere before reaching here that someone had a similar problem with their device and it turned out to be the cell phone carrier. Well coincidentally one of my users whose on T-Mobile came in with another problem and I asked him about the wireless calendar sync. He tested it and it works!! Also coincidentally the cell provider mention in the thread was Verizon. Most of the blackberries in my environment are with this provider and again these are individually owned. I'll check with the Cingular users to see if there's are working and if it is truly a Verizon thing. Anyone experience anything similar. This is taking days because sales people don't like to respond to unimportant (non-money related) issues. Half the time they don't know what I'm talking about (nor do they care). Anyone experience anything similar (the cell phone provider issue) not the users?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #9
jlarry

Talking

Well I guess I wear the Dunce cap for today. My issue was permissions related. The DST 2007 update rings a bell, but some how I lost the "send as" and "receive as" permissions on the Exchange Mail Store for the BESADMIN. Once I added that back the Calenders started working. This was before I had the T-Mobile guy test it , but again no one would test it for me(got to get them to buy me one). Thanks again.
Closed Thread