BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
udeluz
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NW Burbs of Chicago
Model: 8350i
PIN: 402BE259
Carrier: Nextel / Sprint
Posts: 129
Default Release Date?

Please Login to Remove!

When will AT&T be releasing 4.5?
Offline  
Old 07-24-2008, 09:58 PM   #2
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Sith_Apprentice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.xxx
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 10,149
Default

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 4.6.0.67)

Short answer, whenever they certify a build. It doesn't mater who releases the OS, any 8300 OS can be used on any 8300.
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 01:48 AM   #3
hotburnttoast
CrackBerry Addict
 
hotburnttoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hell Passhole
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.442
PIN: Unique 8-character hexadecimal ID number assigned to all BlackBerrys
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 524
Default

Wirelessly posted

According to Berryreview.com they stated within the next two weekd worldwide. We should see the first on 7/25 from an Australian carrier.
__________________
Would it be considered sexual harassment if a midget walked up to you and said that your hair smells good?
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 02:19 AM   #4
wjackson81
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kenosha, WI
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
PIN: 235977d4
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 115
Default

are you saying ATT in australia will be releasing it? Otherwise it has already been released.
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 03:54 AM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 27,948
Default

No one knows. Simple as that.
No one knows when specific carriers will release 4.5.
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 10:37 AM   #6
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa
 
takeshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 7,741
Default

Carriers generally don't announce OS releases. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the model-specific forums here.

Why are you waiting for at&t for release 4.5? You don't need to use their release.
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #7
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Sith_Apprentice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.xxx
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 10,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotburnttoast View Post
Wirelessly posted

According to Berryreview.com they stated within the next two weekd worldwide. We should see the first on 7/25 from an Australian carrier.
4.5 is ALREADY OUT. what do you mean the first on 7/25? Its been out for weeks.
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #8
littlesky
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Posts: 45
Default Rlease date, jumping in...

Ok, I am jumping in - based on the conversation am I hearing you say that it does not matter which carrier releases 4.5 it can be installed on any phone? AND the other thing I heard was that 4.5 can be used on any 8300 series phone, I have 8330 Curve (Alltel)...I thought I had to wait for it to release specific to 8330?
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #9
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: Z30
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,921
Default

littlesky-- true that any carrier release can be use on any like model.

BUT it must be model specific.

8300 = 8300 OS
8310 = 8310 OS
8320 = 8320 OS
8330 = 8330 OS
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #10
Baldie
CrackBerry Addict
 
Baldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Model: 9360
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 528
Default

So if 4.5 has been released on Tmobile for the 8330 (as an example), I can use it on the 8330 for sprint?
__________________
Tour 9630

Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 02:32 PM   #11
bhailu682
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 19
Default

Yeah you can...
__________________
nOtHinG iS ilLegAl uNtIlL yOU gET cAuGhT!!!
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #12
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldie View Post
So if 4.5 has been released on Tmobile for the 8330 (as an example), I can use it on the 8330 for sprint?
Correct, however; Tmobile doesn't have the 8330. A better example would be 'if Verizon released 4.5 for the 8330, then you could use it on Sprint's 8330'.
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #13
Mike Munoz
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Portland Oregon
Model: 8310
PIN: 2451368F
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 91
Default

Well......the U.S. version (non beta) will get here when it gets here........I am hearing we are looking at September............but the only ones that may really know ain't talking (RIM)..........The 4.5's that are out are Betas and/or releases in other countries........
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 02:38 PM   #14
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Munoz View Post
Well......the U.S. version (non beta) will get here when it gets here........I am hearing we are looking at September............but the only ones that may really know ain't talking (RIM)..........The 4.5's that are out are Betas and/or releases in other countries........
What do you mean by "US version"? They are the same OS no matter where it's released. Just because it's released by A1 in Austria doesn't mean it's different from a release by ATT in the US.

Where are you getting your info from???? Because it's wrong!
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #15
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Default

And the releases that are listed on the top of this forum are FULL RELEASES, NOT BETA.
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #16
zerog46
iPhone Mod!
 
zerog46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a House
Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold
Posts: 6,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldie View Post
So if 4.5 has been released on Tmobile for the 8330 (as an example), I can use it on the 8330 for sprint?
If VZW offers the O.S. for the 8330 than the Sprint 8330 can use it and vis versa, T Mobile does not offer the 8330.
__________________
Life is not holding a good hand. Life is playing a poor hand well.
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #17
Mike Munoz
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Portland Oregon
Model: 8310
PIN: 2451368F
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinneycm View Post
What do you mean by "US version"? They are the same OS no matter where it's released. Just because it's released by A1 in Austria doesn't mean it's different from a release by ATT in the US.

Where are you getting your info from???? Because it's wrong!
Well my friend......if you take the time to read the warranties IN FULL you will understand that installing a 4.5 UK version (as an example) and running it in a 8310 device does give the warranty purveyor an out for warranty coverage. Perhaps before you incorrectly call me out you should check YOUR facts before you attempt to bark........they are not the EXACT same.......that is why there are so many different releases.......
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #18
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Sith_Apprentice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.xxx
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 10,149
Default

Well the simple fix would be to reload your carrier OS before you go in to do warranty exchange now wouldnt it? Its software, it doesnt have to stay the same all the time. These are OFFICIAL releases however, NOT Beta, not leaked.
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #19
Mike Munoz
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Portland Oregon
Model: 8310
PIN: 2451368F
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 91
Default

Assuming that your berry is operable enough prior to a warranty claim to reinstall the old O/S you are correct.........However EVERY keystroke on your device from day one is retrievable no matter how many times you "wipe it."
Offline  
Old 07-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #20
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Munoz View Post
Well my friend......if you take the time to read the warranties IN FULL you will understand that installing a 4.5 UK version (as an example) and running it in a 8310 device does give the warranty purveyor an out for warranty coverage. Perhaps before you incorrectly call me out you should check YOUR facts before you attempt to bark........they are not the EXACT same.......that is why there are so many different releases.......
I'm not going to argue with you, but I do want to make a statement in regards to the warranty issue. About a year ago, I was having some issues and I contacted AT&T technical support. They told me to ugrade to Vodafone's release because it was newer and they stated that an OS upgrade WOULD NOT void the warranty, because it was an official release from RIM. The only way it would void the warranty is if were an OS that was created by someone other than RIM.
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Abs Plastic Black Sheet  1/8

Abs Plastic Black Sheet 1/8" x 8" x 12" Vacuum Forming

$6.50



Fieldpiece SMAN3 SMAN 3-Port HVAC HVSCR Digital Manifold Micron Vacuum Gauge picture

Fieldpiece SMAN3 SMAN 3-Port HVAC HVSCR Digital Manifold Micron Vacuum Gauge

$114.99



iHome iHRV6-BLK AutoVac Nova Self Empty Robot Vacuum and Mop, Laser and HomeMap picture

iHome iHRV6-BLK AutoVac Nova Self Empty Robot Vacuum and Mop, Laser and HomeMap

$109.00



USED DENTAL VACUUM PUMP picture

USED DENTAL VACUUM PUMP

$65.00



VEVOR 3 Gallon Vacuum Chamber Stainless Steel Essential Oils Degassing Urethane picture

VEVOR 3 Gallon Vacuum Chamber Stainless Steel Essential Oils Degassing Urethane

$52.99



180ML Butt Lifting Cups Vacuum Therapy Shape Machine Transparent Extra-Large picture

180ML Butt Lifting Cups Vacuum Therapy Shape Machine Transparent Extra-Large

$35.00







Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.