Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:03 PM   #21
robothero
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I called today to check on the status of my order and they told me it had shipped! woo woo.

First thing I did was ask for a tracking number. After about 10 minutes the guy on the phone told me that actually, it had not shipped, and would not ship until probably friday or monday.

I immediately canceled my order and went to the local AT&T.

I told the AT&T rep about my problems with both amazon and letstalk, and they decided to hook me up. I got the 10% discount from my company's premimer account, a free car charger and a free bluetooth headset. Plus the 100$ rebate from AT&T itself.

I am now holding a red curve in my hands, now just to figure out how to work it!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:04 PM   #22
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robothero View Post
I called today to check on the status of my order and they told me it had shipped! woo woo.

First thing I did was ask for a tracking number. After about 10 minutes the guy on the phone told me that actually, it had not shipped, and would not ship until probably friday or monday.

I told the AT&T rep about my problems with both amazon and letstalk, and they decided to hook me up. I got the 10% discount from my company's premimer account, a free car charger and a free bluetooth headset. Plus the 100$ rebate from AT&T itself.

I am now holding a red curve in my hands, now just to figure out how to work it!
Good deal!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:22 PM   #23
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: ?

damnit, this bothers me. Mine just updated saying it will ship tomorrow.

I wanted it for this weekend to play with! But letstalk is saving me $200. is it worth the aggrevation?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #24
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by robothero View Post

Nice Work!

Congratulations on your new RED Curve..... I have one and it's the BEST!

Cheers.....
Old 10-24-2007, 12:39 PM   #25
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber9583 View Post
damnit, this bothers me. Mine just updated saying it will ship tomorrow.

I wanted it for this weekend to play with! But letstalk is saving me $200. is it worth the aggrevation?
I am still betting it is not shipping. As far as it being worth it. IF they save you $200 it might be to some. You are talking to a phone addict that has paid over $1000 for a new Nextel phone, years ago!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:39 PM   #26
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber9583 View Post
is it worth the aggrevation?
Only you can answer the question, however speaking for myself I tried that route a long time ago and learned my lesson the hard way.
I will go to great lengths to avoid them (or any reseller) at all costs.
Remember it's not too late to cancel and go to AT&T and get the phone right on the spot.

Here's why I'm so adamant about not doing business with Let'sTalk, or any other reseller for that matter.
1) As has been already discussed here they lie and use false advertising to get customers to buy from them.
2) They never get the phones right away no matter what they say.
3) This point is the worst of all, once you do have your phone if you have any warranty issues at all, this company is a complete nightmare to deal with and you will be without your phone for a long time.
4) Once they return it to you, the chances of it being repaired or replaced properly are slim to none. Take it from someone who has already suffered the wrath of Let'sTalk, and other resellers.

I've only had one problem with a BB that I bought directly from AT&T and they invited me to return to the store where they took my phone and bought out another brand new on in the box, did the paperwork and thanked me for my business. Now that's how we deserved to be treated.

I was up and running with the new one before I left the store. That's a priceless experience. They made every effort to keep the time I was in the store to a minimum. Very impressive.

Cheers....
Old 10-24-2007, 01:06 PM   #27
CHT

Carrier: Cingular

Update...ordered on 10/19, and received backorder notification. Today received "activation and picking notice". Estimated shipping date is 10/25, with delivery on 10/30 (not sure why 2 day delivery requires 3 business days). I'm still skeptical, but as I posted above, I'm not in a terrible rush.

As to the post above regarding warranty claims, I've purchased from resellers (online and local stores), and whenever I had a hardware problem I just walked into a Cingular or VZW designated repair store (New York City). I've had phones replaced, screens replaced, etc., within the 1 year period. Not once was I asked where it was purchased....just confirmation I was a Cingular or VZW customer.

However, I have not been impressed with the knowledge of the customer service reps. It took 3 tries, 2 different reps, a call directly to Cingular, and a modification of my order to get a BES plan correctly. Their website is wrong or at least misleading when describint the BB plans, and the reps just read the same thing I am reading on the website. Not once did any rep even know what a BES plan is compared to the other plans.

Hopefully it comes in sometime the first week of Nov...this works for me as I'm not in a rush.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #28
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

oh i have no problem spending the money for it, but just have to figure out if the $200 is worth it just so i can use it this weekend...
Old 10-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #29
jcrewguy

Model: 8300

I got that "received "activation and picking notice" on 10/15 showing that my 8310 was going to be shipped 10/16. On 10/16, I went to check the status again & it went back to "carrier approval" & backordered. This is my 1st & last time doing business with Letstalk as they have misled me (and many others apparently) one too many times.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:17 PM   #30
CHT

Update again. Since my post above the order shipped. Received FedEx tracking number. Only glitch is that the number they gave me is not really a local area code, but I'll wait and call Cingular directly if I need it. My employer released my work mobile number and when I called Cingular they set up a new account with this number. The customer service rep said I can activate either account and cancel the other since both were set up as new accounts (affording me the existing rebates).

If you didn't cancel yet, you should check again since my order was later than yours.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #31
jcrewguy

CHT -

Did you get the fedex# via email or the order status on the Letstalk site itself? I am at work and can only check the website but will immediately check my email once I get home tonight.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:54 PM   #32
CHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrewguy View Post
CHT -

Did you get the fedex# via email or the order status on the Letstalk site itself? I am at work and can only check the website but will immediately check my email once I get home tonight.

I received an e-mail with a fedex tracking number, as well as new tel no, sim #, etc. The website just says shipped. (EDIT...it also has tracking info link).

Last edited by CHT; 10-24-2007 at 02:57 PM..
Old 10-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #33
jcrewguy

Did you get the Titanium or Crimson?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #34
CHT

Titanium.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:20 PM   #35
jcrewguy

Guess it's time for me to call & raise hell seeing as I ordered a Titanium 6 days before you did and yours was shipped 1st ...unbelievable!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #36
CHT

Quote:
Guess it's time for me to call & raise hell seeing as I ordered a Titanium 6 days before you did and yours was shipped 1st ...unbelievable!!!
Just don't use my initials/name....I don't want them to pull mine out of shipping (nothing personal.... )
Old 10-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #37
jcrewguy

No, I'm not gonna name drop ...I AM going to say I know "a few" people who had theirs ordered after mine that have been shipped though, just so they can possibly expedite mine if need be
Old 10-24-2007, 03:54 PM   #38
holcombavt

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
I got that "received "activation and picking notice" on 10/15 showing that my 8310 was going to be shipped 10/16. On 10/16, I went to check the status again & it went back to "carrier approval" & backordered. This is my 1st & last time doing business with Letstalk as they have misled me (and many others apparently) one too many times.

This was my exact experience as well. Last Wed it said "activation and picking". Then, Thursday, it said backordered. Today, it says "activation and picking" again.

Maybe we called and complained too many times over the last 10 days. Since they couldn't give me any valuable information yesterday afternoon, I told them I would wait one more day, but their service was pretty much worthless at this point. She was typing when I said that, so she was probably making notes as I hung up on her.

If it doesn't get shipped out today, or show progress that it has, then I'll call and complain some more, then cancel my order.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:14 AM   #39
jcrewguy

holcombavt -

I actually haven't called to complain at all since ordering but am getting to the point where I want to cancel & go to the local corporate store to get the phone just out of principle. I have had all the accessories (4 GB micro card, BSE skin, car holder) sitting here collecting dust for 2 weeks now.

I just checked the status right now and it AGAIN was changed from shipping today & received on 10/31 to shipping tomorrow & received on 10/31. I am going to call the local corporate store to see what kind of deal they can cut.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:20 AM   #40
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

I ordered mine on Monday. It now says "ready to be shipped." I received an email yesterday saying that my phone was activated. It says phone should be shipped today and I will be receiving an emaial with my tracking number shortly.

They did, however, split my order. My phone is the only thing to be shipped. The free microSD card is on back order and is to be shipped at a later date.
Closed Thread