BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 06:28 PM   #21
ctibbsaz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I just found this on Blackberry's website, I was on the Jawbone support site and they directed me to here. I changed these settings and will see how this helps if any with the Bluetooth issues with my UMA.

Overview
To optimize the Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA) voice service on a Wi-Fi® enabled BlackBerry smartphone, the following settings are recommended on the Wi-Fi network:

1.Configure all access points for Delivery Traffic Indication Map (DTIM) to 2.
2.Turn on Wireless MultiMedia (WMM) and make sure that voice traffic is prioritized (that is, the UMA voice traffic is marked and it is prioritized over the wireless local area network (WLAN) link).
3.Make sure the latest firmware update for the wireless router is applied from the vendor.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #22
Doctor A
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 215be282
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks ctibbsaz. I changed the DTIM from 1 which was default from T-Mobile to 2. Could not find other things to change and I checked all the parameters available in the interface of router. Maybe the Linksys router from T-Mobile is already optimized and idiot-proofed ahead of time.
Doc
Old 02-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #23
ctibbsaz
Thumbs Must Hurt

This has been such a huge issue with everyone and hopefully they will get this fixed one of these days, either TMO or RIM.
The WMM was under Applications and Gaming, then QoS and that is where I found it. Have not seen the Tmo Router but I am assuming it should be similar.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #24
Doctor A
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctibbsaz View Post
This has been such a huge issue with everyone and hopefully they will get this fixed one of these days, either TMO or RIM.
The WMM was under Applications and Gaming, then QoS and that is where I found it. Have not seen the Tmo Router but I am assuming it should be similar.
Thanks-I do not know how I missed it. WMM is enabled by default and gaming is unchecked.

Doc
Old 03-02-2009, 02:09 AM   #25
hotburnttoast
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Unique 8-character hexadecimal ID number assigned to all BlackBerrys

Wirelessly posted

I have the old D-Link TMO router, my 8320 or 8900 have never handed off properly. I gave up
Old 03-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #26
phoney49

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default allow inter-access point handover

My 8900 switches back and forth between UMA and Edge with no problems. One thing you might try, is editing the profile for your network under WiFi options, and ensure the allow inter-access point handover is checked.

This is an 802.11 standard that not only eliminates frame losses during an intrasubnet handoff but, more importantly, realizes loss-free, fast intersubnet handoffs without modifying the IP-mobility protocols such as Mobile IP.
It certainly sounds relevant to your issue.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #27
Doctor A
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoney49 View Post
My 8900 switches back and forth between UMA and Edge with no problems. One thing you might try, is editing the profile for your network under WiFi options, and ensure the allow inter-access point handover is checked.

This is an 802.11 standard that not only eliminates frame losses during an intrasubnet handoff but, more importantly, realizes loss-free, fast intersubnet handoffs without modifying the IP-mobility protocols such as Mobile IP.
I have always had this handover checked and have still had issues. If I walk outside once lose UMA will take 10 seconds or so to handover to mobile and by that time call will drop.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #28
ctibbsaz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoney49 View Post

Thanks Phoney49 not my first rodeo with a blackberry, have had this checked since day one of bringing my BB home. Router is perfect, Signal insanely strong. My main thing is that it will not hand over with my Jawbone 2 bluetooth which is a known major issue. I can get it to hand off with the handset but that is so yesterdays technology putting the brick to your ear. Rim is aware as well as Jawbone that this is an issue and "are working on it" so for now I just tell whoever I am talking to will call them back in a few minutes and call them once I get in the car. Works great, no dropped calls
Old 03-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #29
Doctor A
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctibbsaz View Post
Thanks Phoney49 not my first rodeo with a blackberry, have had this checked since day one of bringing my BB home. Router is perfect, Signal insanely strong. My main thing is that it will not hand over with my Jawbone 2 bluetooth which is a known major issue. I can get it to hand off with the handset but that is so yesterdays technology putting the brick to your ear. Rim is aware as well as Jawbone that this is an issue and "are working on it" so for now I just tell whoever I am talking to will call them back in a few minutes and call them once I get in the car. Works great, no dropped calls
Wow, I would be happy if the hand over worked with the brick to my ear. I am talking about failing when not using Bluetooth.....
Closed Thread