BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:36 AM   #21
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Horton
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Actually my friend I have all the time in the world! The fruits of owning my own business, and developing it to have plenty of time to do Whatever I please! And my BlackBerry is my tool to stay in touch with all my workers via email and what not! And I like my device to be 100%! Cops carry guns, carpenters carry tape measures, I have a BlackBerry Curve, any questions?
Odd. I have my own business too and often don't have time for lunch let alone running around hyper-obsessing over expensive trinkets. In the 10 hours you've undoubtedly spent returning + inspecting your cell phone I would have given up $10000s in potential sales! Surely if your 'business' is so successful you'd have an assistant to take care of these minor tasks for you. If you really treated your blackberry as a tool you wouldn't give a s**t about the minor flaws and probably wouldn't have bothered to upgrade from the 8700 as there are no tangible benefits over that model.

Sounds more like a trust fund baby to me guys!
My, quite the judge & quick to assume.

There is a huge difference between one who either chooses to work your hours or must stay & fight fires, as compared to one who has created an organized profitable company that runs on it's own like any good company, no baby sitting, or firefighting required. As a large business owner myself, it's nice to have it organized , profitable & running well thereby giving me the pleasure of as much time for myself as I chose.

Now that's the true advantage of owning ones own business.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:07 AM   #22
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Kudos to you for your patience & perserverance. You are a fine example to those that would be trashing RIM at this point. As an owner of a manufacturing company I understand how this could happen, although I'm not suggesting that it's OK.

It's customers like you that demonstrate your high level of common sense, dignity & intellect in how you handled this situation. A great example for everyone else.
Try to remember all that when you buy your next Blackberry and you realize that you are not the first owner. <vbg>
Old 06-07-2007, 05:38 AM   #23
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Thanks for the backup guys! Was just trying to give some in site on what my experience was like with 3 different units. Yea, to some I might sound nuts or whatever you want to call it. But at the end of the day, I'm just looking to be a satisfied customer, and sharing my experience with good people on this Forum that either have been in my shoes, or are having the same issues with there units as well and realize it's ok to bring it back! Plus a normal person, with a good load of common sense and a good mouthpiece know that going back to the store is not a bad as one may think. I'm always in and out, whether I know the rep or not, male or female, whatever! All you have to do is be nice and usually explain what the problem is and they actually begin to feel bad for you and look to help you the best they can (sometimes after 30 days)
Believe me, it's all in the delivery! At the end of the day there doing there job, which is to help a customer out! And some people just don't understand what helping someone is all about, Aa La the complainers and ones who said I'm taking 10 hours and what not! Well a half hour or even an hour is worth being able to have myself a great working order device, as well as helping out my fellow Forum Members on what to look for!
Again Thanks Guys!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #24
lpnyc

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A

Hi Sean --

I'm in NYC too, would you mind sharing what store was kind enough to do multiple exchanges....? I did my first exchange today -- got rid of a creaky side Canadian-made Curve and got what seems to be a solid Mexico-made one -- but only time will tell. The store made it very clear that this was going to be my only exchange and anything else would have to go through the warranty dept. (probably b/c they saw me standing there being all OCD about it...........)
Old 06-07-2007, 08:25 PM   #25
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

You should be fine with the unit that was made in Mexico! Mine is pretty solid, and everything else seems to be on point so far! If you do run into trouble with the unit, like out of the blue resets, call quality,etc! Just call customer care and ask them to note your account and then visit a company store and speak to a Manager! Usually they'll do the exchange if your in the 30 day period. Remember to always be nice and patient. Ya catch more bees with honey!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #26
pkittie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

Did you notice where your first 2 Curves originate from? Were they from Canada too?
Old 06-07-2007, 08:34 PM   #27
rhicks

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular

Mine was made in Mexico and has been rock solid ever since picking it up on the 31st. I'm loving this thing!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:50 PM   #28
jdposhkus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

Horton is a Troll.

He should be banned!! AGAIN
2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2008
Old 06-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #29
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkittie View Post
Did you notice where your first 2 Curves originate from? Were they from Canada too?

The others that I had some issues with we're made in Canada! However my friends was made in Canada, and his is rock solid with no problems so far! Guess it just varies from unit to unit!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:11 PM   #30
J
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: AT&T

Just to chime in here....

I'm displeased with the speaker volume in contrast to my music being played volume and my calls are cutting in and out in the area I live in, with some excess background noise.....

I spoke to tech. support about numerous things....and I think I'm going to try out a new one prior to my 30 days being up.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #31
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdposhkus View Post
Horton is a Troll.

He should be banned!! AGAIN
Maybe he heard a Who!
Old 06-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #32
Runamuck
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Tmobile

Tim Horton, in Canada, is the name of a fairly large chain of donut shops owned by Wendy's, the hamburger guys.

Tim Horton, here on the boards, is a troll.

No relation other than they are both purveyors of products with no redeeming value comprised of mainly hot air.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #33
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

I recommend a re-ban (since he was already banned 7 days for expletive language). This is a forum for serious BB users and BB newbiexxx8217;s. Not for disgruntled blowhards who suffer from constipation of the brain, and diarrhea of the mouth.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #34
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucejr View Post
I recommend a re-ban (since he was already banned 7 days for expletive language). This is a forum for serious BB users and BB newbie’s. Not for disgruntled blowhards who suffer from constipation of the brain, and diarrhea of the mouth.
Can he be banned for living a fantasy life in his mind? Should be...
Old 06-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #35
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucejr View Post

Ha Ha Ha, Bruce you made my day, to Funny! Thanks for the back up!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #36
rivviepop

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhicks View Post
Mine was made in Mexico and has been rock solid ever since picking it up on the 31st. I'm loving this thing!
Just like my post in the 8100 forum....

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rant...0-awesome.html

Seriously, though - from a 10,000 foot few (that's about 3050 meters for you Canucks ) on all the different subforums here, it really seems like the Made in Mexico units have less quality control problems than the Made in Canada ones. This isn't a scientific study, just an in-brain ad hoc aggregation of reading everyone's posts and making 2+2=5 by myself.

It's not just RIM -- it's well known in the S60 Nokia circles (read the S60 section on HowardForums) that the "Made in Finland" models are typically much better and such than the "Made by Nokia" (usually means China/Taiwan/etc.) models that they sell, there are just vastly different levels of QA procedures in the two countries. The MIF models fetch a higher resale value in the B/S/T subforum and eBay...
Old 06-08-2007, 06:01 PM   #37
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Well, my Rock Solid Curve has started to have some play in the body! I know to some this sounds OCD (lol it is) but i'm just givin you guys my feedback! It's right by the rubber side between the volume and the camera buttons, moves in slightly with a teny tiny creak (not that bad)! I'm going to go on record here and guess that this will happen to all of our beloved Curves. Ahh whatever, ya cant win em all! I still luv it so far. Besides there's always the return trick on the 29th day (always leave 1 day grace, just in case)
Old 06-09-2007, 05:38 PM   #38
archer6

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Well, my Rock Solid Curve has started to have some play in the body! I know to some this sounds OCD
Doesn't sound OCD to me..........

You want OCD, then you should see my "testing procedure"........LOL

Cheers.....
Old 06-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #39
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
Doesn't sound OCD to me..........

You want OCD, then you should see my "testing procedure"........LOL

Cheers.....

I'm probably going to just keep it unless it gets worse!
But that rubber piece on the side has some play, and now the left hand corner has a tiny bit of a creak! If it does get worse, I'll just wait about 3 weeks or so and do a swap! Weird how it just comes out of nowhere, felt tight as a brick the other day! Whatever, creaks in our Blackberrys should be the worst of problems archer6! I'm still enjoying it though, Form Factor rules on this phone!
Old 06-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #40
quillhill
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Torch

Yeah, archer, tell him how many red Pearls you looked at ...

I don't see anything wrong with swapping units out til you get one that works. I mean, I've done it with other phones (my first cingy phone, the v551 got swapped twice after they replaced the battery a couple times when it wouldn't hold a charge) and other products. I am constantly exchanging shoes. I have big feet for a short girl (size 10 or 10 1/2 depending on the brand) and it's damn hard to find shoes that fit right.

I've used nine different cell phones this year and I used 18 different phones last year. I am on a search for the perfect phone. It's probably futile. Whatever.

So, welcome to the "OCD" club. LOL

But anyway, what I wanted to say is that I am amazed that you get any play on the parts of the phone. I swear, I have tried very hard to get movement. My 7130 creaked and when I got fidgety, I'd move the battery door up and down since it had loads of play. I don't know how these rubber sides could develop any play. I'm not doubting you, just, shocked that it's happening.

But, if, like me, you're in search of the perfect phone, then you've probably learned that you usually have to settle a little bit for an otherwise quality device.