Old 08-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #1
Cocooningweb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Cellular South
Default BES Activation Success but doesn't really sync

Please Login to Remove!

Hello:

We bought a few new 8330 on Friday and we've been trying to activate them since without any success (none of them), most are for new users, some are to replace existing devices already connected to the BES.

OTA activation failed for everyone. One user reported that he did a desktop activation, got the "Activation Complete" message, but nothing was syncing. He pulled the battery out, then the BB showed the "Initializing Activation" screen and after a few minutes this screen went away, at this time in "Options > Advanced Options > Enterprise Activation" it said "Desktop activated with today's date" but it still wasn't syncing anything. He pulled the battery out again and the "Enterprise Activation" option was gone from the "Advanced Options" menu. He finally went in "Messages" and clicked on "Reconcile Now" and the activation option was back again saying that it had been activated as of today. Pulled the battery again, EA is gone ...

Although it seems to be activated now it only seems to sync one way. Changes made on the BB are reflected in Outlook, but not the other way around.

I'm out of ideas, I'm thinking about wiping the device and starting from scratch, any other ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by Cocooningweb; 08-17-2008 at 09:09 AM..
Old 08-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
WFLDEng611
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: Used to
Carrier: AT&T

If you are using a hosted BES, I would contact your provider. If you have your own dedicated BES server, this post might be in the wrong section.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Default turn off wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocooningweb View Post
Hello:

We bought a few new 8330 on Friday and we've been trying to activate them since without any success (none of them), most are for new users, some are to replace existing devices already connected to the BES.

OTA activation failed for everyone. One user reported that he did a desktop activation, got the "Activation Complete" message, but nothing was syncing. He pulled the battery out, then the BB showed the "Initializing Activation" screen and after a few minutes this screen went away, at this time in "Options > Advanced Options > Enterprise Activation" it said "Desktop activated with today's date" but it still wasn't syncing anything. He pulled the battery out again and the "Enterprise Activation" option was gone from the "Advanced Options" menu. He finally went in "Messages" and clicked on "Reconcile Now" and the activation option was back again saying that it had been activated as of today. Pulled the battery again, EA is gone ...

Although it seems to be activated now it only seems to sync one way. Changes made on the BB are reflected in Outlook, but not the other way around.

I'm out of ideas, I'm thinking about wiping the device and starting from scratch, any other ideas?

Thanks
We don't use these but I would wipe the device and turn off wifi and attempt another ea.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
Cocooningweb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Cellular South

Hmmm ... I wiped one of the devices and it did the exact same thing: desktop EA successful, then Initializing and success, then doesn't sync anything and EA option not available.

I'll call our Cellular South rep tomorrow and see if he provisioned us with the Enterprise service, he may have mistakenly just enable a BIS plan.

Thanks for your feedback.
Closed Thread