Old 04-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
croosifyd

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Beware of MobiShark, iMobiMac, WireShark Media

Please Login to Remove!

Beware of MobiShark, iMobiMac, WireShark Media
I was looking for a service that enabled me to use my Blackberry Phone as a tethered modem which would enable me to use my phone's internet connection to surf the web on my laptop. I paid $50 for MobiShark which claims to do this without a monthly subscription service.

I paid the $50 considering it a good investment for what it claimed; however this software is completely faulty. I was able to connect the internet; however could never actually browse the internet. This software is completely useless. I tried to resolve this with WireShark Media LLC and they refused to refund my $50 investment. I used Paypal and they do not have any authority it purchased outside of ebay to refund your purchase for item such as this; therefore I am completely out $50.

I have Verizon and they are offering 30 days free without a contract for their tethering service. Although you do pay a monthly subscription for this service, I can browse the internet in lightening speed and is indeed worth the monthly fees. Do not fall for the claims of software developers like MobiShark and the like--they are ripping people off and I created this blog for consumers considering this software to be ware of this company.

Here is my dispute with Paypal which has been closed:

-$49.97 USD
3/9/2009 15:38 PDT
WireShark Media, LLC
[email address]

Apr. 8, 2009 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Apr. 8, 2009 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
Apr. 8, 2009 - Buyer: Dispute escalated to claim
Apr. 6, 2009 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Apr. 6, 2009 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Apr. 6, 2009 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
Apr. 8, 2009 - Buyer: Dispute filed
Apr. 1, 2009 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Apr. 1, 2009 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
Apr. 1, 2009 - Buyer: Dispute filed

4/8/2009 21:55 PDT - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.

4/8/2009 21:55 PDT - Buyer: I purchased this software from seller which claims that you can use you blackberry phone as a tethered modem without an additional wireless service plan. I have tried using this software for in several different areas and can manage to get an internet connection but cannot however browse or use the internet. The software does not do what it claims and is completely useless. If the product worked it would be worth the $50; however considering that it does not work I am entitled to a full refund. I can also show proof that I have since subscribed to a monthly wireless tethering service as a result of this product being faulty.

4/6/2009 21:14 PDT - Buyer: The product does not work. I should not be forced to pay for an application that has no value. I bought this in good faith and have had to purchase a tether plan through Verizon as a result. Please refund my money. Thanks

4/6/2009 21:14 PDT - PayPal: croosifyd requested a $49.97 USD refund.

4/6/2009 21:13 PDT - Buyer: what do you mean trial version applications? You are selling a product that you cannot guarantee will work? I ended up having to sign up for Verizon's Blackberry Tethering plan because the application was useless. If it worked, the $50 is well spent but it does not work and there is no way that I should be on the hook for a bunk application. I emailed support and no follow up. I can provide my Verizon bill showing that I am now paying for the service because this MobiShark is useless.

Status
We're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality.

What happens next

We encourage you to work directly with your seller to resolve this matter.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:45 AM   #2
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Hello, please do not post the same thing multiple times on the forum. Your other two posts exactly like this have been deleted.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:09 AM   #3
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

just a fyi about paypal dont pay them, and keep disputing it, over and over and over again. after a year you will get your money back dont back down, call them and complain more.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
HouseApe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus

SharkModem offers a free trial and a no refund policy

Quote:
Store Policy:
Your purchase is important to us! We actively work with each customer to ensure that any issues are resolved. Also, we offer a free 10 Megabyte trial so that our customers can preview our products before making a purchase. Thus, before you purchase Shark Modem please test the application and it's functionality to ensure it fits your needs.

Refunds are not available for:
Software that has a free trial or demo version offered on the site
Also they have live help. I have use it during the trial and found out that it would not go to the one site I needed the program for.

Quote:
Live Remote Control Help
Leave the work in our hands and let one of our Technical Support Representatives remote into your computer and get your setup in no time.
So my question is why are you spamming HoFo, BBF and other forums. You could have tried it out and seen that it did not work (or even got help) before you paid for it.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

So my question is why are you spamming HoFo, BBF and other forums. You could have tried it out and seen that it did not work (or even got help) before you paid for it.[/quote]

Closed Thread