Old 04-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
strike2tamu
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Auto Insurance

Please Login to Remove!

Well since I was 16 it seems like auto insurance has never done what I always thought it was supposed to do. I will give you the time line:
I was 16, just got my license a few months ago and got into a head on collision with with a woman at an intersection with stop signs (no lights), she was soming out of a parking lot across 2 lanes and I was pulling out from a stop sign across 2 lanes, we hit dead center of the intersection. I was driving a 1979 chevrolet silverado, she had a newer mini van...her car was pronounced totaled and mine just had a slight bend in the steel bumper. Well the cop pulls up and it was determined to be double fault, no tickets issued. My insurance paid for her damages...her insurance did not give me one cent...to this day I can't understand what happened (its been so long ago I cant remember the excuse they gave me for not paying out).

Next I was about 22 and a drunk driver hit me head on, on a freeway at 60 mph, turns out he was out partying all night with his gay lover and had stolen a car at 9 in the morning. He stole the car from the place he worked out which happened to be a car rental place and he was fired so he stole a Lincoln Navigator on his way out...I see him swerving so slow down a bit, but he manages to take an exit off the freeway then at the last minute swerves back onto the freeway hitting the cement barrier that divides the main flow of traffic from the exit lane (at this point I am hard on the brakes) he bounces across all 4 lanes of the freeway hits the dividing wall (wall to divide oncoming traffic) and bounces into my lane where I am still skidding at a good 60 mph and we hit and grind down the dividing wall a good 30 or more yards. All airbags in both vehicles have deployed (I was driving a 2003 nissan altima) and I go to check on this guy and his "friend" and he slams the door shut when I ask if he is ok...and proceeds to try and turn the car on and drive away...of course there isnt a single fluid left in his mangled vehicle and I step back just in case some gas sparks. Needless to say his car wouldnt start, the cops show up and take him to jail or where ever. Well this vehicle belonged to a rental car agency so of course it has insureance RIGHT?...well they told me the vehicle had been stolen so their insurance was not responsible...I was too furious...my car was totaled and my insurance had to pay for it and I had to pay out of pocket the remainder of what I owed on the vehicle.

Well my wife had a car wreck a few weeks ago with an indian guy that spoke NO english. They of course drove off and left the scene before the cop got there, but they did leave their insurance info. I get a call from the insurance company saying they are not going to pay because they can not get ahold of their client...without a statement from their client they can not pay out...this guy has left the country....so now I have to pay my deductible to get my car out of the shop...I can not understand this...

To me this is saying you dont need insurance, just drive off after the wreck and you will be fine...I HATE AUTO INSURANCE. Rant /end.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Wow! I am sorry to hear about you going through all this. That is bananas!
Old 04-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
wabbit

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

CRAZY STUFF! sorry to hear about your miss fortunes.

it depends what state you are in. i'm in nyc, basically everything falls under no fault. what this means is your insurance company pays your medical bills, looses etc, the fault part just determines if your rates go up or down.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

I love my insurance company!

It goes to say, you get what you paid for.

I have state farm and they friggin' take care of me. I've had NO problems with them whatsoever. If your coveraged under there policy, they have no problems paying you out. I can't say the same for some companies out there. I've always worked at a body shop as well for some time and delt with insurance claims all the time.

All I can say is I speak highly of state farm. They take care of you, and its fast. I've seen insurance companies give people the short end of the deal, by having them wait more than a month to just to determine fault first and then pay out. Thats rediculous! Having your vehicle in the shop, and no work done on it yet only cause your insurance company is too cheap to pay you out cause they want to know if your at fault or the other party. That's insane!

State Farm is the type that will cover all costs, no matter what. If you get in an accident, they'll pay to fix your car ASAP even if fault isn't determined yet. They'll pay you minus your deducatable. And if it's not your fault, they'll give back your deductable and go after the other party. Now that's taking care of you.

I've had them since I was 21, I can't complain. I'll always roll with full coverage. I also have life insurance through them. These guys have been great to me. Not to mention, my rates suprisingly are low as hell!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
Backnblack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

State Farm here also. 5 cars with full coverage and it's less than $150/mo.. They also insure my Home... And being 43 helps...

Good Luck and sorry about your misfortune...
Old 04-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #6
DacyJ

Model: 9000
PIN: g Bomb!
Carrier: The Newest AT&T

Wirelessly posted (Hey I'm cool…)

Sorry to hear. I have AllState and they are awesome. Never had a wreak (knocking on wood) but I get a lot of hail damage around tornado season and they alway come through. They have plans to fit your needs, I would check them out.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #7
strike2tamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHawk3 View Post
I love my insurance company!

It goes to say, you get what you paid for.

I have state farm and they friggin' take care of me. I've had NO problems with them whatsoever. If your coveraged under there policy, they have no problems paying you out. I can't say the same for some companies out there. I've always worked at a body shop as well for some time and delt with insurance claims all the time.

All I can say is I speak highly of state farm. They take care of you, and its fast. I've seen insurance companies give people the short end of the deal, by having them wait more than a month to just to determine fault first and then pay out. Thats rediculous! Having your vehicle in the shop, and no work done on it yet only cause your insurance company is too cheap to pay you out cause they want to know if your at fault or the other party. That's insane!

State Farm is the type that will cover all costs, no matter what. If you get in an accident, they'll pay to fix your car ASAP even if fault isn't determined yet. They'll pay you minus your deducatable. And if it's not your fault, they'll give back your deductable and go after the other party. Now that's taking care of you.

I've had them since I was 21, I can't complain. I'll always roll with full coverage. I also have life insurance through them. These guys have been great to me. Not to mention, my rates suprisingly are low as hell!
What are you talking about, I have FULL coverage insurance...I pay a crap load for 2 drivers under the age of 25. But finally a silver lining...the car has been fixed for at least a week now...just waiting for an adjuster to go back out tomorrow to verify the price isnt too high on what the shop is asking for...the shop is letting us walk w/ just a 100 dollar deductible (probably because they are ripping the insurance company off so bad) 6 grand was what they are charging for a basically what I saw as a bent front fender...guess there were some wheel and other under hood problems I didnt catch...but I doubt it was that much...then again nissan has the highest priced parts. The insurance company is also giving us 2500 for an injury (my wife told them her neck hurt when it happened), and however much for rental car reimbursement. Now if I could only get them to pay the car note while it was out almost a month...
Old 04-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #8
kathrynhr

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Another +1 for State Farm. Best insurance ever, no matter what the little lizard says.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #9
strike2tamu

state farm is super expensive here.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #10
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Nationwide is on my side
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 04-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #11
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr View Post
Another +1 for State Farm. Best insurance ever, no matter what the little lizard says.
that little lizard doesn't provide comphrenesive coverage for motorcycles in california. They don't cover theft! WTH!!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #12
stl_lacrosse
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you.
Carrier: At&T

If you have a military parent, or if you were in the service, get USAA. They have amazing service and super cheap rates.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #13
strike2tamu

Well we finally got the car back, the body work is mediocre at best. and we took it to get an oil change on the way home and the mechanic found 4 "FOUR" disconnected hoses...for starters none of these hoses need to be removed to replace the passenger side fender and door...especially since the hoses were at the back of engine. Now the tire pressure sensor light on the dash wont go off for the new wheel assembly they put on...my bets are on they didnt put a sensor on it. Needless to say the car is going back to the shop where they will fix as I want it or be sued by the insurance company.
EDIT: here are some pictures, they also replaced the front and rear bumper...there was no damage to the rear bumper...

Last edited by strike2tamu; 04-24-2009 at 12:25 PM..
Old 04-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #14
DacyJ

Model: 9000
PIN: g Bomb!
Carrier: The Newest AT&T

Wirelessly posted (Hey I'm cool…)

Do you have a full size spare? In my Titan my spare is a full size and low on air it sets off the low air sensor.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #15
strike2tamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DacyJ View Post
Wirelessly posted (Hey I'm coolxxx8230;)

Do you have a full size spare? In my Titan my spare is a full size and low on air it sets off the low air sensor.
Well this is a new tire put on by the shop, but it has been driven over 100 miles and the sensor should have rest by now. (the spare is just a donut)
Old 04-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
wabbit

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

they broke the sensor putting the tire on, and if they changed the rim/tire all together my bet is their is no sensor
Old 04-24-2009, 11:05 PM   #17
strike2tamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
they broke the sensor putting the tire on, and if they changed the rim/tire all together my bet is their is no sensor
Yea they replaced everything wheel wise, I agree I think they didn't put the sensor on.
Closed Thread