BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
steve.1207

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmo
Angry Is it just MY luck? BB 8300 issues

Please Login to Remove!

Have had more than I can mention 8300's replaced since June, with the same two issues:

1) Call quality: the "great" noise cancellation mic that BB has decided to incorporate is supposed to "cancel out" a good portion of the backround noise, increase the senders voice, and if necessary increase the earpiece volume depending on the abient noise level.

All the replacement phones do the same thing. They "increase" the "slightest" background noise while muffling/chopping up my voice. This poor voice quality is causing a lot of people to ask, "if I am having a party"!

Note: Verizon BB8830's call quality is even worse. RIM is probably using the same mic.

It was all a matter of "luck" with the replacement phones regarding this issue.

2) Randomly, when I go to make a call (ATT Network, full bars), a "call failed" note appears. Never know when this is going to occur. Have to do a battery pull, and then everything is OK. But for how long after is unknown.
This has also happened on all the replacement phones. If someone calls, it goes to voicemail! Ridiculous!!!

AT&T pda support finally said that this is a "known issue", with no fix as of yet.
Thank goodness the Calender Patch fixed the primary 2 calender issues, otherwise this would be "Issue #3"

I went back to my Pearl for now. I will definitely send this phone back to the CEO of RIM and tell him to "keep it"!

Anyone else with this issue? Thanks for your time.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #2
Dream Rider
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8220
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Great call quality on my Curve and no dropped calls or call failed.
Must be really frustrating to have so many issues with your Curves.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:04 PM   #3
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hey Steve -

Must be very frustrating indeed to have all these problems. It's *not* a typical experience for a Curve owner - or BB owner in general. I've had several, including 8700, Pearl, 8800 and now the Curve. I've been on Cingular/AT&T which was pretty good - but am a confirmed TMo user at this point, and love using my unlocked Curve on TMo (with O2 version of the OS).

I'm in NJ and NYC just about every day, and travel from DC up through NJ, NYC, and up into New England - my Curve by my side. Most of my time in NYC, from Wall St up through midtown and the upper west side. In short: no dropped calls, excellent sound - wonderful experience overall.

Hopefully you can get your issues resolved. This can be a great platform to be on!
Old 08-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
steve.1207

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmo
Default vinmontRD

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Glad to hear that the Curve works well with Tmo in the territory you have. Mine is very much the same. Wall Street area, NYC, NJ, NE Corridor, etc.

Would consider changing OS to OS2, etc, however with the Curve being released on Tmo in Sept, thanks to you, I will go with that.

Currently re-activated my Tmo Account and am using my Pearl. Tks again,

Steve
Closed Thread