Old 03-13-2007, 09:04 PM   #1
Kablooey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 25ee2d53
Carrier: AT&T and Verizon 9650
Default BES Exchange Engineer Opening in DC

Please Login to Remove!

My company is seeking a BlackBerry Engineer in the Washington DC area. See listing below. Salary in the 90-100K range. PM me with your resume and/or contact information.

Great opportunity, great environment...just need a great candidate!
--------------
My company is seeking a BlackBerry Systems Engineer who will be responsible for designing, implementing, administering and monitoring the BlackBerry server environment. This individual will be responsible for managing a BlackBerry 4.1 environment that supports a 2800+ user base. The BlackBerry Engineer is also responsible for documenting all server installation procedures as well as creating support documentation to provide to the Customer Support team. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: xxx61607; Day-to-day management of the BES environment. Maintain the environment to provide 24x7 support. xxx61607; Configure, test, and document BlackBerry handheld configurations and models. xxx61607; Document, test, and implement all BES engineering tasks and upgrades. xxx61607; Develop BlackBerry Mobile Data applications to support law enforcement customer requirements. xxx61607; Provide weekly reports on system performance and tasks accomplished. xxx61607; Work closely with Web/Exchange/SQL Engineers to ensure optimal performance of the BES environment. xxx61607; Work as a member of an engineering team to provide support on a Microsoft Active Directory 2003/Exchange 2003 environment. Ideal candidate must have 2-4 years experience configuring and installing 3.6/4.0/4.1 BlackBerry Enterprise Servers as well as monitoring and administering BES environments. Required Skills: experience with Microsoft Project for scheduling, strong knowledge of MS Exchange/SQL server/Web services as they pertain to BES environments, and general engineering skills to support a Microsoft Active Directory 2003 environment. Desired Skills: experience with BlackBerry Mobile Application development with BlackBerry MDS or Java, working knowledge of Microsoft Visio for documentation needs, and MCSE 2003. Flexibility and availability for on-call is a must. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government Security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. An active security clearance at the Top Secret level is required.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
Kablooey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Questions

In response to some questions I have received I will put some of the information here.

*The position is for a Government Agency in Downtown DC, off Pennsylvania Ave about midway between the Capital and the White House.
*The job requires a Top Secret clearance, however, if you have a Secret clearance, that can be waivered to a TS in most cases...you just need to be clearable at the TS level.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
Kablooey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default shameless bump...

shameless bump...
Old 03-19-2007, 01:52 PM   #4
Kablooey
Thumbs Must Hurt

This job is still open...PM me if you are interested.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #5
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Wish I had the qualifications or security clearance. I would definatly apply.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #6
Tennvol
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMobile

I have the TS but not the other quals...
Old 04-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #7
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Hmm, how would one go about getting the required security clearance? That definitely would be an interesting position at those few buildings midway between the White House and Capitol Building, although I'm sure I wouldn't be cleared by the IRS, DOJ or FBI

...I will say that's one of the first postings for a BES engineer/administrator position that I've seen that accurately describes the qualifications required for the position. I'm not really sold on the application of an MCSE certification anywhere in the Microsoft administration world sans Active Directory administration (and even then...), but that's just my opinion (I suppose it could be used as a replacement for education requirements, but experience should shine over all of them).

Last edited by jibi; 04-15-2007 at 12:52 PM..
Closed Thread