BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
G16aByT3

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers
Angry BB8800 Media player dies when lock mode enabled

Please Login to Remove!

To start off my original 8800 that I had when it first came out was working perfectly as my main MP3 player. I am not a big fan of carrying multiple devices and having 2GB of music is more than enough for the travel time I incur on a daily basis anyway. When using the media player, I was able to switch applications as normal and also lock the device and still use the pause function without issue when locked. I really never needed to manually flip songs as I use the shuffle mode quite a bit anyways. I was running OS 4.2.1.90 after before upgrading from 4.1.1.239 I think. Still my functionality remained the same and was happy.

Unfortunately, wear and tear on the audio jack took its toll and I had no choice but to replace the 8800 with another 8800 as my travelling time was getting to be unpleasant without my tunes of relaxation (mostly industrial, jazz, pop, rock). So now I have my new 8800 and upgraded to the latest OS from Telekomsel with no problems and restored my BB settings without a hitch and all the 3rd party applications functioned as normally. I tried to use the media player and place the BB in the usual lock mode and to my amazement, the BB completely killed the media player and reset the settings so now I can't resume where I had paused if I needed or resume where the music had stopped. I tried this with manual locking and auto locking and in both cases.

At one point I thought it would be the theme but no matter what theme or what application is in the foreground, locking will kill the media player. So in a effort to get back my feature I downgraded to the same OS as my previous BB and still no luck. I don't have my old BB anymore, although I should have kept it but warranty wouldn't allow me to do that. So I don't know if there was some sort of bug or a feature that worked somehow.

If it is a bug, I want my bug back and my security also!!

G16aByT3
Old 02-13-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

so the media player will stop playing when you place the device in a case/holster as well? are you watching movies or just listening to music?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
G16aByT3

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
so the media player will stop playing when you place the device in a case/holster as well? are you watching movies or just listening to music?
The media player stops playing the audio when either cased or holstered. I don't play any video as I am ready blind as it is and can't see very well so its just audio.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
henk_kuipers

PIN: N/A
Carrier: kpn
Angry What a bummer!

Same problem here The mediaplayer stops on my BB 8800 with OS version 4.2 when the screen locks. Our security policy automatically forces a screenlock after 15 minutes, so I can only listen for 15 minutes and then I have to unlock the screen and restart the player

Henk
Old 06-30-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
evp

PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Default [SOLVED] Turn off the content protection and it works

Hi,

you need to disable content protection in your security options, then media player continues playing even when the device is locked.

Depending on the policy content protection may be forced. You have to ask your sysadmin to disable it in the policy. Don't ask me for the option, I have a german BES:
'Sicherheitsrichtliniengrupe->Verschlüsselungsstufe für externes Dateisystem->Nicht erforderlich'
something like
'security policy->encryption for external file system ->not necessary')

Regards,
evp
Closed Thread