Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
blackberrymuffinman

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default BB static

Please Login to Remove!

Have a 7290....I can hear people pretty well on it, but lately people have been saying that they can barely hear me...some say echo, some say static, the list goes on. Have had it for a few months...got an unlocked one on ebay...didn't seem to be getting any complaints from people when I first started using it however.

I have ATT - used to be Cingular....my registered phone is a Motorola L2...swapped the sim card back to the Motorola and made calls...people said they can hear me much better....so for some reason it seems to be the BB.

Was looking at these cheap internal antenna sticker type things online that say they regulate static, etc....but I'm not quite sure if that would help since my singal on the BB is typically just as high as on the Motorola.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Welcome to the Forums.

I am not sold on those internal plastic/foil stickers either. I tried one for a while in my 8700 for home reception and it made no difference.

The device you have may just be old. Pulling the battery and rebooting the device might make a difference. You could also test it by using another SIM card and see if it helps, though it sounds as if it may not.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #3
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Those plastic antennae boosters would be like attaching wire to the old rabbit ears with one exception that plastic booster doesn't connect to antennae so how does it help?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:16 PM   #4
blackberrymuffinman

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Welcome to the Forums.

I am not sold on those internal plastic/foil stickers either. I tried one for a while in my 8700 for home reception and it made no difference.

The device you have may just be old. Pulling the battery and rebooting the device might make a difference. You could also test it by using another SIM card and see if it helps, though it sounds as if it may not.

Have popped out the battery and rebooted the device on more than one occasion...no difference.

Though it's an older model, I purchased it as a "new unlocked" phone from a business on ebay with a solid positive feedback history....so I assume that means it's been sitting in a box up until now...

Curious as to what you mean by, "device may just be old"? Do phones typically lose their quality after time?

and if so...do they lose their quality regardless of how often they are used?
(ex: buying an older model that has just been sitting around and never used)

Thanks again!
Closed Thread