Old 11-07-2016, 05:51 AM   #1
BonnyCanale
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Data Transfer help using Bluetooth and maps in Blackberry android

Please Login to Remove!

I work with blackberry applications. My current task includes transmitting and receiving information between 2 devices.

I am taking help from official documentation released by blackberry website on GitHub.
github/blackberry/JDE-Samples/tree/master/com/rim/samples/device/bluetooth/bluetoothdemo

It is taking information from the serial port using Bluetooth connectivity and provided the answers if it is possible or not. The SPPScreen java file takes info of Bluetooth serial port and connects to serial port whose device id is " Hi there The java file is taking the information correctly. It is connecting to the device I am working with using the serial connectivity. This device name is 'abc123' (a dummy name).

This java file has variables like DSR_ON , DSR_OFF , DTR. I can't determine, why is it keep on checking after every x second either the DSR is on or off. Also, there is the class, which is checking the status of looping. Looping is the flag variable used by the receiver to receive the data. Also, this class has a sendData() method. It sends data and also a method name by dataReceive. But I can't see, where those 2 methods are called.

Following are the steps, I am following:
  1. I am using 2 devices to test the transferring. As the Bluetooth does not work on real emulator/virtual environment.
  2. The devices are named as Sender and Receiver. Also, these are manually paired outside the application.
After that, the application is run simultaneously on both the devices.

On receiving end, I am configuring the received command using the menu available on the device. On the sender side, I am searching for the active connection by the name of 'Receiver'.

On 'Sender', I can see the type something command.

While the receiver is showing 'First connectivity and then type something'.

So far, so good. But, I don't know, if the code will work or not. And also, explain the code, if you can. As only part of code, I am able to learn is a simple implementation of data transfer.

Also, I am creating an android application of a client website. I am able to do everything correctly. But, there is an issue with maps on some directory pages of the website. Right now, there are 1 map all the pages other than a directory. But on the directory pages (which are the map location of the bases), there are 2 maps (on the top is the big map). Other is at the bottom of the article (showing the biggest-possible-map available by the google maps). But, there is an issue with the pixelated image inside the second map. http://militarybases.co/directory/he...-arlington-va/ is one of the examples. I have removed the other map for clear vision. Please have a look at the HTML and script and solve the issue.

Remember this is only happening with blackberry sets, so I can't know about the issue.

Thanks for your time and help,

Last edited by BonnyCanale; 11-07-2016 at 05:54 AM..
Closed Thread