BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 11-01-2005, 08:45 AM   #1
shaggyg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Exclamation SK65 Software Variants

Please Login to Remove!

OF the non-working and working devices I would like tot take a poll, I have talked to some people who were able to just connect their SK65 to Cingular and those who haven't. I'm a part of the have nots. So far I have discovered that the users that had no problems have a low variant I.E A100-A409. I have a A703 Variant sw55. What I'm trying to figure out is are there certain variants that will just not function CINGULAR. To find out your variant on the main screen type *#06# and then select more and scroll down. Please help with this and respond with your variant and connection status and whether you are on BES or BWC
Old 11-07-2005, 06:23 PM   #2
Miamilife

Model: sk65
Default Variant

MY VARIANT IS ALSO A 703 AND I AM SO PISSED THAT I BOUGHT THIS PHONE I WANT TO KILL SOMEBODY BECAUSE i'VE BEEN WORKING ON CONNECTING TO THE BB AND THEY ARE TELLING ME THERE IS NO WAY!!!! THERE IS SOME BLOCK FROM CINGULAR!!! IF ANYONE HAS ANY ANSWERS PLEASE HELP!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!! CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! IT'S SO RIDICULOUS!!! Oh what is BES and BWC???---I'm new to blackberry so I don't know what these initials stand for!!!! EMAIL ME: [email address]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyg
OF the non-working and working devices I would like tot take a poll, I have talked to some people who were able to just connect their SK65 to Cingular and those who haven't. I'm a part of the have nots. So far I have discovered that the users that had no problems have a low variant I.E A100-A409. I have a A703 Variant sw55. What I'm trying to figure out is are there certain variants that will just not function CINGULAR. To find out your variant on the main screen type *#06# and then select more and scroll down. Please help with this and respond with your variant and connection status and whether you are on BES or BWC
Old 11-08-2005, 02:07 AM   #3
shaggyg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Wink

BES is the blackberry enterprise server

BWC stands for Blackberry Web Client

Solutions don't always come easy but in the end it will present itself
Old 11-09-2005, 04:47 AM   #4
meshift

i have A703 variant and am with tmobile. im on BWC and it only works with email. the Browser function disappears in BWC. it's there when the phone is enabled for BES. weird. kinda sucks. dont want to pay extra 20 per month just for push email.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:21 AM   #5
Miamilife

Default Solution

Thanks for the info on the initials now I understand completely!!! But about the solution, Have you found a solution yet since you are so optimistic??? Because I haven't heard anything working to connect the BB service on the sk65 on Cingular yet and that is the only reason I bought this phone for the blackberry and straight internet connection!!! If You Know A solution PLEASE HELP!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyg
BES is the blackberry enterprise server

BWC stands for Blackberry Web Client

Solutions don't always come easy but in the end it will present itself