BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 10-29-2005, 09:46 AM   #1
alexblanc

Model: 7100g
Default Problems getting Siemens SK65 to work on Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Hello -

I am trying to configure my SK 65 Blackberry to work on the Cingular network. As I was told, I need to get my service books updated.

Was anyone able to get their SK 65 Blackberry to work with Cingular? If so, I am hoping you could backup your service books to a file (with Blackberry Desktop Manager's Backup and Restore option) and e-mail the file to me.

Alternatively, would anyone have other suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!!!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
shaggyg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I too am having problems with this issue, The service book is being picked up by the phone just not installed in the proper place if you open up the phone explorer the files are stored in WAP PUSH I just can't figure out how to convert them, I have my tech guy backing up the cing service books from another device for me let me know what your email is and if I'm succesful I will send them onward, if you could do the same I would greatly appreciate it. Cingular is absolutely no help! [email address]
Old 10-31-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
alexblanc

Model: 7100g

Actually, I've already tried that route with not much luck: I went to a Cingular store with my laptop, used one of their 7100g units, downloaded the service books to my laptop, and then restored those to my SK65. It did not change much other than started prompting for a PIN every time I turned the unit on.

I hope I just did something incorrectly and this process will actually work for you. I'd love to hear from you once you got it to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyg
I too am having problems with this issue, The service book is being picked up by the phone just not installed in the proper place if you open up the phone explorer the files are stored in WAP PUSH I just can't figure out how to convert them, I have my tech guy backing up the cing service books from another device for me let me know what your email is and if I'm succesful I will send them onward, if you could do the same I would greatly appreciate it. Cingular is absolutely no help! [email address]
Old 11-03-2005, 04:41 PM   #4
shaggyg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

What Service variant are you using? I'm on a703 the only success I've hear on cingular are in the a40x range, to find out *#06#
Old 11-07-2005, 06:11 PM   #5
Miamilife

Model: sk65

Have you had any success connecting the sk65 to BB with Cingular if so please let me know because I am losing my mind thinking I've just wasted my money buying a phone for the Blackberry service that now I can't use and I could have just bought a blackberry phone for much cheaper!!!! PLEASE HELP IF YOU"VE figured out a way thanks!!!! Please e-mail me at [email address]!!!!