Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:16 PM   #1
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Disable handheld status: error

Please Login to Remove!

I have a user with an 8700 who just notified me that some of his e-mails are not sending. (red X of death) He said he pulled the battery earlier today and it didn't help. I looked at his account on BES and under the policy and password info, it says: "Disable Handheld Status: Error"

Does anyone know what this means and what I should do to correct it. Unfortunately, he is not in the office, so I am limited with what I can do. I am thinking of trying to re-activate...
BES 4.1
Old 02-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
amukhey
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

If he has coverage and currently listed as Enabled on the BES Manager, it may be a provision that may fix it. What if you have him delete the Desktop [SYNC] and inform him via phone his new password or via email he can check on webmail...Also with instructions to do this or Delete and undelete the desktop [sync] svc book.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

thanks!! I will try to walk him through deleting and undeleting the service book. It will be a lesson in patience for me!
BES 4.1
Old 02-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
amukhey
CrackBerry Addict

LOL. I found it best to also write it in an email as simple as possible as if you were teaching someone in the HD for the first time-- It helps with some screen shots from the actual unit ie yours or any other non-customized one. This way, it can also be used in the KB or for the future.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #5
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

since he can still receive corporate e-mail, I sent instructions. I also found another user who was having the same problem, but she doesn't have "disable handheld status" on her account. I just saw that her BB was throwing a lot of warnings in the Event log. Both of these BB's are 8700's. I am hoping that RIM can shed some light on why this is happening. I am having both of them re-activate since resending and delete/undelete of service books didn't fix it. Thanks for the help!!

KB...HAHAHAHA. I wish I have been pushing for a KB for a couple years now. All I get from my co-workers is a blank stares. Maybe I'm not speaking the proper dialect of man-talk.
BES 4.1
Old 02-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #6
amukhey
CrackBerry Addict

LOL. I am sorry to hear that...weird, i think KB is one of the most important things so the HD doesnt ask the same questions which have already been addressed.

When was the last time your server was re booted? Any errors in the event logs? Also, the connection to SQL DB is good? I would try to reboot the sql server (if remote server) and the BES if the reboot was done quite some time ago...I realize that this is a shot in the dark but it could simply be bad reporting on the sql side.

What version of Exchange / Domino and BES are you on?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #7
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

exchange 2003
BES 4.1 sp4
SQL 2005

I just tested the SQL connection and it came back good, but I'm sure it can't hurt to reboot it. I will talk to the DB admin. that box has several DB's on it.

And the BB server was rebooted a few weeks ago.
BES 4.1
Old 02-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #8
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

turns out, nobody could send to the outside. I was so busy today, I didn't notice that I wasn't recieving my BIS mail nor could I send to anyone outside of our org. I rebooted the BB server and it seems to be working again.
BES 4.1
Closed Thread