BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
carloc

Model: Pearl
Default Adding a new Exchange Server to Blackberry Enterprise Server

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

I have just finished installing a new server with Exchange Server 2003 in my domain. I have migrated users mailboxes from an existing Exchange Server to the new mail server. The new server will eventually replace the exisitng mail server. My Blackberry Exchange users no longer receive emails to their Blackberry devices.

I have tried to add the new Exchange Server to the Blackberry Enterprise Server without success.

How am I able to add the new Exchange Server so that my users will start receiving emails to their devices.
I am unable to see the potential obvious way of doing this.

Thank you All

Carlo
Old 03-30-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
aschieman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

There is no way to actually "add" an Exchange server to a BES environment. The BlackBerry should be able to serve users on any server in the Exchange domain as long as the proper rights are assigned.

Is the new server part of the same Exchange domain?

Did you update the rights of the besadmin user on the new server?

When you look at the properties of a user in BlackBerry Manager, do they reflect the new server?
Old 03-30-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschieman
There is no way to actually "add" an Exchange server to a BES environment. The BlackBerry should be able to serve users on any server in the Exchange domain as long as the proper rights are assigned.

1. Is the new server part of the same Exchange domain?

2. Did you update the rights of the besadmin user on the new server?

3. When you look at the properties of a user in BlackBerry Manager, do they reflect the new server?
Absolutely. 1 is obvious but important, but I suspect 2 or permissions is the culprit. However you give your besadmin account access to your exchange servers, you need to do this for the new server.

If not that, it is probably the sendas issue which is created/restarted by the DST patches. If the above doesn't work, search for sendas in the DST Upgrade thread.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:18 AM   #4
carloc

1. The new Exchange Server is part of the same domain.

2. As far as I can see the permissions for BESAdmin are correct. However if you know a list that I can check against to make sure that I have correctly done this part?

3. The users who's mailboxes have migrated to the new server reflect the update to the new Exchange Server after reloading the user in Blackberry Manager.

Thanks for your help, it is pointing me in the right direction

Carlo
Old 04-02-2007, 02:41 AM   #5
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .

Quote:
As far as I can see the permissions for BESAdmin are correct. However if you know a list that I can check against to make sure that I have correctly done this part?
The link in my signature is a BES checklist!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 05:01 AM   #6
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloc
1. The new Exchange Server is part of the same domain.

2. As far as I can see the permissions for BESAdmin are correct. However if you know a list that I can check against to make sure that I have correctly done this part?

3. The users who's mailboxes have migrated to the new server reflect the update to the new Exchange Server after reloading the user in Blackberry Manager.

Thanks for your help, it is pointing me in the right direction

Carlo
OK, so if the BES sees them in the new Exch server, IMHO permissions are totally your issue. Use the power of BBAdmin's super-post to follow the steps but I am sure perms are where you need to concentrate your efforts.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:35 PM   #7
carloc

Thank you for your helpful suggestions. The problem was related to BESAdmin permissions. Once I had corrected these on the new Exchange Server and rebooted the device for the client new emails started to flood the inbox.

Again thank you all for your help on resolving this issue for me.

Carlo
Old 05-31-2007, 07:55 PM   #8
threinen

Model: 7105t
Carrier: t-mobile

I am in the same situation. What are the permissions that need to be checked. It appears that the above users sig has changed.

All user that I have moved to my new exchange server cannot send or receive messages.

Thanks,
Old 06-01-2007, 05:31 AM   #9
garycutri
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Telstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by threinen View Post
I am in the same situation. What are the permissions that need to be checked. It appears that the above users sig has changed.

All user that I have moved to my new exchange server cannot send or receive messages.

Thanks,
1. Open Exchange System Manager and right mouse click on "DOMIANNAME (Exchange)" and select Delegate Control. Follow the steps and add BESadmin as an Exchange View Only Administrator.

2. In Exchange manager expand the servers folder and right mouse click on your server/s and select properties. On the properties windows select BESadmin and add the permissions "Administer Mailbox Store, Receive As, Send As"
Closed Thread