BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmx View Post
Wirelessly posted

Tmo is carrying the javelin and the kickstar,but also the BOLD but we won't see it soon not this year but may be bext year check on TmoNews my only concern is when Tmo is going to release the latest and official OS 4.5
You don't need to wait for tmo release of 4.5. There are a few releases you can use on the 8320. Check out the 8300 thread.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #22
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
AT&T is the BOLD carrier for the USA.
For now they are, but its not a lifetime exclusive. The only lifetime exclusive is the Storm. There is no reason the Bold, Javelin and Kickstart won't be released on the other networks after their short exclusive period on their launch carrier.

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 09-08-2008 at 09:59 AM..
Old 09-12-2008, 06:49 PM   #23
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Straight Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
For now they are, but its not a lifetime exclusive. The only lifetime exclusive is the Storm. There is no reason the Bold, Javelin and Kickstart won't be released on the other networks after their short exclusive period on their launch carrier.
There is no other network that can handle the Bold (i.e. 3G). It will be a 90 day exclusive. It will remain that way simply because there is no competition until T-Mo releases theirs sometime next year.
The Storm no longer has a "lifetime exclusive". Vodafone & Rogers will also be launch carriers besides Verizon.
AT&T = Bold
T-Mo = Javelin & Kickstart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-13-2008, 07:32 AM   #24
jaynoonan

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile

TMO has 3G is major markets and are going live in OCT sometime. Call them, they are getting the BOLD sometime before Xmas.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #25
thanohano44

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

I have direct contact with a t-mobile executive. She told me it will be out in Q4. She always updates my company on upgrades and such. At time she is 2-3 months off, but...t-mobile is getting the bold as well as a 3g wireless network card. she has told me about 3 or 4 new smartphones for tmobile 3g.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:30 AM   #26
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynoonan View Post
TMO has 3G is major markets and are going live in OCT sometime. Call them, they are getting the BOLD sometime before Xmas.
*sigh* Really?
Please read the entire thread before posting.

T-MOBILE'S 3G HAS DIFFERENT FREQUENCIES THAN EVERY OTHER CARRIER IN THE WORLD

WORLD - 1900/2100MHZ
T-MOBILE U.S. - 1700/2100MHZ

THE UPLOAD AND DOWNLOAD FREQUENCIES NEED TO MATCH FOR 3G TO WORK. SO T-MOBILE U.S. WOULD ALREADY HAVE TO HAVE BOLD TEST UNITS WITH THEY'RE 3G FREQUENCIES. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE OUT IN THE FIELD, AND ONLY THREE MARKETS HAVE 3G.

THEY ARE ANNOUNCING 3G ON OCT. 1ST, NOT LAUNCHING. THEY WILL BE ROLLING IT OUT OVER 4Q OF THIS YEAR. AND NO THEY ARE NOT LAUNCHING THE BOLD IN 4TH QTR. 1-2Q 2009 AT THE EARLIEST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanohano44 View Post
I have direct contact with a t-mobile executive. She told me it will be out in Q4. She always updates my company on upgrades and such. At time she is 2-3 months off, but...t-mobile is getting the bold as well as a 3g wireless network card. she has told me about 3 or 4 new smartphones for tmobile 3g.
So an executive that makes $250k a year whispered information that violates the NDA and would get here fired to you to distribute that information out into the wild.
T-Mobile is getting the Bold, that was announced months ago at WES this year. RIM said they would be building a Bold with 1700/2100MHz frequencies (T-Mobile U.S.).

Here are the 3G devices:
1) G1 (Android)
2) Samsung F480 (Tocco)
3) Sony Ericcson TM506
4) Sony Ericcson XPERIA X1

There you go. T-Mobile U.S. IS NOT GETTING THE BOLD THIS YEAR.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-13-2008, 03:19 PM   #27
shona67
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Default "There you go. T-Mobile U.S. IS NOT GETTING THE BOLD THIS YEAR."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbswany View Post
*sigh* Really?
Please read the entire thread before posting.

T-MOBILE'S 3G HAS DIFFERENT FREQUENCIES THAN EVERY OTHER CARRIER IN THE WORLD

WORLD - 1900/2100MHZ
T-MOBILE U.S. - 1700/2100MHZ

THE UPLOAD AND DOWNLOAD FREQUENCIES NEED TO MATCH FOR 3G TO WORK. SO T-MOBILE U.S. WOULD ALREADY HAVE TO HAVE BOLD TEST UNITS WITH THEY'RE 3G FREQUENCIES. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE OUT IN THE FIELD, AND ONLY THREE MARKETS HAVE 3G.

THEY ARE ANNOUNCING 3G ON OCT. 1ST, NOT LAUNCHING. THEY WILL BE ROLLING IT OUT OVER 4Q OF THIS YEAR. AND NO THEY ARE NOT LAUNCHING THE BOLD IN 4TH QTR. 1-2Q 2009 AT THE EARLIEST.

So an executive that makes $250k a year whispered information that violates the NDA and would get here fired to you to distribute that information out into the wild.
T-Mobile is getting the Bold, that was announced months ago at WES this year. RIM said they would be building a Bold with 1700/2100MHz frequencies (T-Mobile U.S.).

Here are the 3G devices:
1) G1 (Android)
2) Samsung F480 (Tocco)
3) Sony Ericcson TM506
4) Sony Ericcson XPERIA X1

There you go. T-Mobile U.S. IS NOT GETTING THE BOLD THIS YEAR.
"There you go. T-Mobile U.S. IS NOT GETTING THE BOLD THIS YEAR"
Show us the EVIDENCE!
Old 09-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #28
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shona67 View Post
"There you go. T-Mobile U.S. IS NOT GETTING THE BOLD THIS YEAR"
Show us the EVIDENCE!
There is no evidence to support the contrary. There have been no photos, no "leaked" information, nothing that would even give your argument any water. Just people saying "I have direct contact with a T-Mobile executive and they told me October" or "My girlfriend told be the Bold is coming October 1st". Not only that but AT&T holds at the minimum, 90 days of exclusivity AFTER they release it. AT&T payed for the Bold to be 3G and payed for the exclusivity (in the U.S.). They will get what they payed for. AT&T is one of RIM's biggest clients.

Some more food for thought. How much do you think the exclusivity on the G1 cost? To build the FIRST Android device on T-Mobile U.S. 3G frequencies. You think Google would allow T-Mobile to release another 3G smartphone right beside it, let alone a BlackBerry to compete with their baby?!? Come on! It's a business decision. They will release the Bold after they have milked the G1, just like AT&T is doing with the iPhone 3G. $$$ is your evidence & when January 1st rolls around and we have no Bold. You will know I'm speaking the truth. I want the Bold rocking some T-Mo 3G just as much as you. But it isn't going to happen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by BBSwany; 09-13-2008 at 03:49 PM..
Old 11-20-2008, 11:27 PM   #29
blackbandit18
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

i hope this phone or the storm comes out for tmobile that would be cool
Old 11-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #30
JackDaStripper

Model: 8100

The Storm- prolly not, but the 8900 Curve- highly likely, considering it's already available for T-Mobile Germany.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #31
?7290?
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290

I just tried to purchase a T-Mo Curve today online but its only available in Red.

Could this be the sign that stock is becoming depleted, and that a new device is coming out that is a replacement for the Curve, ~ AKA Javelin?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #32
chadmd23
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?7290? View Post
I just tried to purchase a T-Mo Curve today online but its only available in Red.

Could this be the sign that stock is becoming depleted, and that a new device is coming out that is a replacement for the Curve, ~ AKA Javelin?
I see Titanium also. :(
Old 12-31-2008, 11:10 PM   #33
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

Anyone know if the bold will ever make it to tmo ?
Closed Thread