Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
ShimmyShine

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default New games website.

Please Login to Remove!

http://bbgames.co.nr

Hey all I started a new website this weekend and its called "Blackberry Games Online". The website is so people can play games on their Blackberry's without having to download it. Now granted a lot of games you absolutely can't get away from with having to download them, but we have a section of the site for that as well (Though you have to use the DM to install them Lol)..

A few things to the site are in order to register yourself a new account, you must do it through either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer (It looks like absolute **** in IE so I highly suggest FF).

Another thing, you can only play the ONLINE games through your blackberry. I would allow it through PC Browsers but all the variables etc are passed on through the URL which would be very easy to edit on a browser -- thus cheating..

Well onto the actual site. It is totally free! When you run out of tokens (which are comparable to poker chips, they are used in the same way) you can restore them for free! Although it limits your restore to 50 so that you have to play games to get your token count higher, and manage to get a higher rank on the highscores list! Well that kind of led me into the highscores -- There is a highschores list, as of right now its only for the amount of tokens a person has, but in the very near future i plan on adding games and such (of course text based with a few images).

There is also an affiliates section to the bottom left of the website, if anyone would like to be on it please PM me or reply to this topic, its totally free. Although the website has to be blackberry related.

I have added a forums feature, everyone can keep in tact on the forums over numerous things. Its a good thing. I plan on enabling it so everyone can have a signature. No rules on that other than since the website is made to be blackberry friendly there will be a character limit on it.

Currently Online Games:
Blackjack(21) Updated it much more userfriendly!
Number Guessing Added this morning (April 17, 2008)
SafeCrack Added tonight (April 17, 2008)
Castaway RPG *NEWLY UPDATED! Added this morning (April 27, 2008) (Still much in progress!

Future Online Games:
5 Card Draw (currently a work in progress)
And any other ideas you guys have let me know!

My blackberry is an 8310 so I have only tested it in this blackberry. If any of you on an 8100 etc could test it, please let me know! My 8310 is also running OS4.5.

Again the site is totally free there is no charge whatsoever!!

I hope you all enjoy the site

Thanks

Shimmy

PS: If there are any of you php programmers out there who want to help out on this project please PM me.

PSS: If this is the wrong section, im sorry kind of new here :P Please move to appropriate area.

http://bbgames.co.nr
Old 05-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Nope, it's the right section! Thanks. Looks interesting!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:51 PM   #3
itzminyufoo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 2455EEF1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted

Texas holdem a possibility ?
Old 05-05-2008, 04:39 AM   #4
PaulMdx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: T of Guinness
Carrier: O2 UK

Seems to work fine on my 8100. Not sure if the main table (eg./ Welcome to Blackberry Games Online!...") appears to the right of the menu on your BB, but on the 8100 is appears below. This is not a major problem, it just means a little more scrolling. Maybe it would be useful adding an option to list the menu items per section horizontally rather than vertically to help this.

I actually have a text based game that you may be interested in adding to your site. I wrote it for desktop browsers although it mostly works on handhelds. I suspect I could re-do the interface and it would fit in nicely.

Sprockets Inc
Old 05-05-2008, 04:47 AM   #5
ShimmyShine

Yup Texas hold'em is very possible, i plan on adding it with time.

@PaulMdx: Yeah that'd be great! I wouldn't mind adding it :D

Shimmy
Old 05-09-2008, 05:20 AM   #6
ShimmyShine

Hey guys, im in huge need of other PHP programmers :\. Building a website with tons of php games alone gets rather time consuming and I only have so much time heh.. So if any others want to help out I'll find a way to repay/reward yo

UPDATE: I have made it to where you don't see the wap site when you go to the website, I added a totally different website for Laptops/Desktops. Its a nice site, everything is still as functional..

Shimmy

PS: I need your opinions on a RPG called "MyPets" <-- Name describes it all.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
ShimmyShine

Wirelessly posted

I am curious as to an idea I have and how you guys would feel towards it. I run the website and I have some people who play and some people who don't, well I want to have a contest... Not starting now but in about a month... The contest will be to see who has the most tokens at the end ofva span of 1 month... The prizes havnt been decided yet but they will be worth while.

Shimmy