Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #21
sparkymarky

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Re: Unable to change CICAL to default

Please Login to Remove!

Having wrestled with this for a while, I have found the answer for my Bold 9780 OS6.
Go into Options>Device>Advanced System settings>Service Book
Once in there, there are entries for each email you have added. Each of these will either say CID: CMIME, CID: SYNC or CID CICAL when you click into them. Simply delete the CID: CICAL entry for each email address you have added. This will force the Calendar to revert to default and will then sync with your PC.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #22
gavinbbuser

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
That's the point you are missing. Before you added an email to your BIS, the calendar app on the BlackBerry used the base calendar, or whatever RIM calls it. If you looked in calendar options or the default CICAL options, you saw a calendar named default. And when you syc'd, that calendar sync'd with Outlook. But stop thinking of it as your 'Outlook' calendar. It was just the default calendar at that time.

When you added the gmail address to BIS and the service book was pushed to the BlackBerry handset, the gmail address was made the default and the base calendar went away. That's the way it works. When you deleted the gmail CICAL service book the gmail calendar was collapsed into the base calendar, the gmail calendar was removed, and the base calendar reappeared. With the gmail CICAL service book present, your calendar identified with the @gmail.com address is now the default calendar and that is what will sync with your Outlook.

If you were to add more addresses to BIS you would see additional calendars, and only the one set as the default CICAL will be sync'd with Outlook.

So, based on your description, you could ignore the fact that your BlackBerry calendar is labeled with the @gmail.com address. Your calendar invites sent from the BlackBerry will be seen as coming from a gmail address, which you may not like, and the acceptances will be received in gmail and not at the 'work' address you are using in your Outlook email client.

On the other hand, you might add your 'work' email address to BIS and set the default CICAL and default CMIME to that address.

Follow me?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
I'm having a very similar situation to Greg.

I'm using Outlook 2010 and my BB is the 8800
v4.6.1.101 (platform 4.2.0.72)
DM v6.1.0.35

"That's the point you are missing. Before you added an email to your BIS, the calendar app on the BlackBerry used the base calendar, or whatever RIM calls it."
Correct

"If you looked in calendar options or the default CICAL options, you saw a calendar named default. And when you syc'd, that calendar sync'd with Outlook. But stop thinking of it as your 'Outlook' calendar. It was just the default calendar at that time." Correct - syncing with Outlook works perfectly

"When you added the gmail address to BIS and the service book was pushed to the BlackBerry handset, the gmail address was made the default and the base calendar went away. That's the way it works." Correct. When I added my gmail address to BIS I lost the "default calendar" option and only see the gmail option. However, I can no longer sync to Outlook. DM now says "Calendar (not installed)".

"When you deleted the gmail CICAL service book the gmail calendar was collapsed into the base calendar, the gmail calendar was removed, and the base calendar reappeared." Correct and I could sync to outlook again.

"With the gmail CICAL service book present, your calendar identified with the @gmail.com address is now the default calendar and that is what will sync with your Outlook." No - the @gmail.com address does not sync with outlook. When I start DM, it says the Calendar is not installed.

How do I get Outlook (2010) and my BB (using the @gmail.com calender) to sync???

Thanks,
Gavin
Old 05-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #23
wsworthy

Model: b9700
Carrier: at&t

If I delete CICAL entry will it automatically delete all the calendar entries I have entered incorrectly under it? If so is there a way to move them to the default calendar prior to deleted this service?
Thanks Wandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkymarky View Post
Having wrestled with this for a while, I have found the answer for my Bold 9780 OS6.
Go into Options>Device>Advanced System settings>Service Book
Once in there, there are entries for each email you have added. Each of these will either say CID: CMIME, CID: SYNC or CID CICAL when you click into them. Simply delete the CID: CICAL entry for each email address you have added. This will force the Calendar to revert to default and will then sync with your PC.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #24
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsworthy View Post
If I delete CICAL entry will it automatically delete all the calendar entries I have entered incorrectly under it? If so is there a way to move them to the default calendar prior to deleted this service?
Thanks Wandra
It will not delete the calendars. But I disagree with the posts above on doing this as a fix. Besides, you need the CICAL service books to send and receive calendar invites.

If you open the calendar and then select calendar options, you can move all entries in a particular calendar to the default calendar as selected in default services by highlighting a particular calendar and typing move.

If you delete all CICAL service books, the calendars will collapse into the base calendar, as described in a post above.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #25
wsworthy

Model: b9700
Carrier: at&t

Thank you - I did the MOVE command.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
It will not delete the calendars. But I disagree with the posts above on doing this as a fix. Besides, you need the CICAL service books to send and receive calendar invites.

If you open the calendar and then select calendar options, you can move all entries in a particular calendar to the default calendar as selected in default services by highlighting a particular calendar and typing move.

If you delete all CICAL service books, the calendars will collapse into the base calendar, as described in a post above.
Closed Thread