Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #1
xSoCalx

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Pushed Content, delete it?

Please Login to Remove!

Okay, no one and nothing on the web wants to or perhaps simply can't explain what the "Pushed Content" is and if it's safe to delete. I want to know what I'm deleting before I actually delete it, especially if it's going to affect my BlackBerry.

I read the following: "Important note: You may not want to clear the Pushed Content as this may affect some of the applications you have downloaded." it's from: koodomobileDOTcom/en/ab/blackberry-troubleshooting-faqDOTshtml

If this is true, should I just delete the items I don't want manually? Can someone please shed some light on the matter or direct me to some blog or site where I can get a thorough explanation on the issue. Thanks for any help that you can throw my way.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by xSoCalx; 03-17-2012 at 01:54 AM..
Old 03-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Pushed Content, delete it?

Are you talking about deleting content in browser options, such as cookies, etc., and pushed content?

And what are you trying to do?

If you have signed up for any browser push services, such as weather or news alerts, for example, this would be pushed content. Deleting will just remove to content, but not the subscription. To stop the pushed content you would need to unsubscribe from the service.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:05 AM   #3
xSoCalx

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Yeah, I was referring to the content in the browser options; I have been typing it over and over that it got away from me this time, lol, sorry about that.

My BlackBerry browser is closing pages that are "too large" so I figured I needed to Clear my Browser Data in the Browser Options. I knew, and was fine with deleting the information listed except for the pushed content because I didn't know what that included. I took to google and got "answers" but raised more questions than anything.

When you say, "...signed up for any browser push services," do you mean sign up from within the browser? Because I haven't done that but I do have apps like bbweather and Kik messenger that push information to my phone, do they apply under browser pushed content?

Finally, can you tell me if this folder is related as pushed content as well: /Media Card/BlackBerry/system/appdata/rim/webstorage/net_rim_bb_browser_daemon/ and there are three other folders within that which total nearly 4MB of space. Btw, that folder is only visible when the "show hidden" box is checked in the explore options.

Thanks LOADS for your help, I feel I can breathe easier now that I'm getting a straight non-generic answer from someone
Old 03-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I was thinking in part about the old push weather services you could subscribe to at mobile.blackberry.com and maybe still can. Fox News has (or maybe had) a push news alert service. And I don't know, but I would imagine apps use the browser push function to push information to the device, and maybe that is cached as browser push content, but again I don't know. Regardless, deleting the browser push content will only clear the information, not unscribe from the service or delete an app.

I looked for that folder and I don't have it. I looked at other stuff I have in that systems folder and what I looked at appeared to be settings.

Last edited by aiharkness; 03-18-2012 at 06:27 AM..
Closed Thread