BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
KCM
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Default 8700g Not Getting Emails Today - Please Help!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

Well, I'm pretty frustrated right now. For the last 2-3 hours, my BB hasn't been receiving any of my yahoo emails (BIS). I thought perhaps it was a yahoo issue since that happened last week...so I logged into yahoo on my desktop....and saw 7 emails sitting there!

I've tried turning the wireless off and back on, re-sending service books, even deleting yahoo messenger which I installed yesterday (thought maybe it's interfering???), but NOTHING HELPS.

Am I missing something? I don't know what the problem could be. I bought my first BB on 9/14 and then returned it for another on 9/25 b/c I was having really weird radio issues. This one has been fine til today. I'm hoping the issue can be rectified.

Please help if you can. Thanks so much!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

are you with TMO?

I have the same issue with my BB 8870 on TMO which I am not getting email (or delay email). I tried to delete the yahoo acct and gmail acct from the BIS setup; I tried to resend the service book; I tried to remove battery and reseat it back.

For the first times, the resend service book worked but i only could get the email from my google (1 email). after the resent, I tried to send myself email to gmail and yahoo using my other email acct, I do not get the email. I checked the yahoo / gmail thru my PC, I can see the email msgs were delivered.

Additionally, I called to TMO and all I could get was "We are very busy and unable to answer your call now, pls call back later".

I am very frustrated right now.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Default update

Just an update..

I just sent a email from my work email address to my yahoo and google. I can get the google mail pushed to my BB; but not my yahoo's one.

I wonder what's going on.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:39 PM   #4
shaun944
Knows Where the Search Button Is

same problem here, I called Tmo two days ago because I had not received any of my yahoo emails over the weekend and had 15 new msgs when I checked on monday. They "reset my network" or something on their end, had me delete and resend my service books, and I did receive a couple emails, but not all of them, since then I have gotten intermittent at best delivery, yesterday morning I got all of my emails, but by the afternoon I received nothing, and when I checked last night I had another 6 new emails sitting in my yahoo account, none of which were delivered to my 8700g...now I'm not getting any again.

Tmo and Yahoo supposedly had a partnership to deliver emails quickly - sure seems like a bunch of BS, but even then, RIM's push tech should be sufficient right???
Old 10-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
KCM
Thumbs Must Hurt

OK, so I'm not the only one. I spoke with TMO and they tried everything I did. When they resent my service books I'd get the 'Activation..Congratulations' email saying I was connected to the network, but then nothing else would come in. They had me delete my yahoo account and re-create it. Still, I'm having problems. Now they want me to give it an hour and call back so that they can put me through to RIM. I'm frustrated at all of the wasted time this has caused. It's pretty ridiculous.

What I can't figure out is how my mom is getting her emails. Her email is yahoo as well, thought it's '...@sbcglobal.net'. Not sure if that makes a difference....perhaps as hers IS working!

I'll post back when I have another update. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:13 PM   #6
justin.culp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: SOLD
Carrier: at&t

try going into your host routing table and re-registering your handheld.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:36 PM   #7
KCM
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin.culp
try going into your host routing table and re-registering your handheld.
I tried that already but it didn't do much.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #8
moosehead
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
PIN: tucked behind a bunker
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCM
Hi all,

Well, I'm pretty frustrated right now. For the last 2-3 hours, my BB hasn't been receiving any of my yahoo emails (BIS). I thought perhaps it was a yahoo issue since that happened last week...so I logged into yahoo on my desktop....and saw 7 emails sitting there!

I've tried turning the wireless off and back on, re-sending service books, even deleting yahoo messenger which I installed yesterday (thought maybe it's interfering???), but NOTHING HELPS.

Am I missing something? I don't know what the problem could be. I bought my first BB on 9/14 and then returned it for another on 9/25 b/c I was having really weird radio issues. This one has been fine til today. I'm hoping the issue can be rectified.

Please help if you can. Thanks so much!

I noticed the same thing today. I'm on Cingular. I thought it was because I installed the ZEN theme with the Telstra OS. Anyway here is what i did to resolve the issue:

Delete the yahoo email account
Then recreate the yahoo email account.

Worked like a charm....
Old 10-04-2006, 03:00 PM   #9
KCM
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead
I noticed the same thing today. I'm on Cingular. I thought it was because I installed the ZEN theme with the Telstra OS. Anyway here is what i did to resolve the issue:

Delete the yahoo email account
Then recreate the yahoo email account.

Worked like a charm....

Glad it worked for you. I tried that but it didn't work.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #10
moosehead
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
PIN: tucked behind a bunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCM
Glad it worked for you. I tried that but it didn't work.

Humm...sorry...If I think of anything else I'll post it.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:17 PM   #11
KCM
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead
Humm...sorry...If I think of anything else I'll post it.
Appreciate it!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:21 PM   #12
ratatosk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I have the same problem on Verizon on my BB7250. Sounds like it is a problem with RIM's connection to Yahoo.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:32 PM   #13
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

I called TMO during the lunch time. they advised me to delete the yahoo service book, but i mistakenly deleted the yahoo account in the BIS setup page. I reset it, they resent the service book. the support advised me that it would take up to 2 hrs before their system to recongize the yahoo email. i got 2 late email delivery to my bb around 1:10 for 12:5x. anyhow, since yahoo email is not too important to me, i will keep trying to make it work but i do not want to drill down too deep before i lose myself. :(
Old 10-04-2006, 03:49 PM   #14
KCM
Thumbs Must Hurt

Update.....I spoke with RIM and they confirmed that it's a Yahoo issue. Apparently they've had lots of complaints (as evident here) and they're 'working' on resolving it. Who knows how long that will take. Oh well...I've spent enough time trying to trouble-shoot this today. Time to get back to work! We will see what happens. Thanks for everyone's input.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:52 PM   #15
walds11
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 3GS

8700c here and having the same problem with my yahoo email. I called Cingular data support and they had me delete and re-set my yahoo account. Still not working. From reading previous replies, looks like there is a wide spread issue.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #16
CodyMac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130

This may help:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ail-issue.html
Old 10-04-2006, 04:16 PM   #17
walds11
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 3GS

Still no dice. The Cingular rep has me on hold and id getting in touch with BlB (or RIM)? Disappointing since I just got my first BB on Saturday :(
Old 10-04-2006, 04:18 PM   #18
CodyMac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yeah, this was a bad time to get one. I've had no issues at all before this weekend then all hell broke loose.

Good luck!!
Old 10-04-2006, 04:31 PM   #19
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

removed my post

Last edited by plchan; 10-04-2006 at 04:34 PM..
Old 10-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #20
CodyMac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well, the one I posted had the actual steps to get around the problem, AND linked to the thread you referenced.

*shrug*
Closed Thread