Old 07-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #1
camaro322hp
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Question re: BIS 2.5 and Hotmail

Please Login to Remove!

I have had one of the "grandfathered" hotmail accounts that has worked on BIS 2.4. When BIS 2.5 hit, I deleted and re-created the account on the T-Mo BIS website to get instant delivery. That day, I sent my self a couple test emails, and they were instantaneous. Nice.

Now the trouble starts. Ever since that day, Hotmails from that account are showing up very late, if at all. I created a new Hotmail account to test it, and everything I get in that account is delivered instantaneously to my BB. My grandfathered account continues to lag in delivery, if they are delivered at all. I'm currently waiting on 3 emails that have been in my inbox over an hour, but have not arrived at my BB. During that hour, I have tested my new Hotmail account, and bam, instantaneous.

Troubleshooting so far has been deleting/recreating the old hotmail account, re-sending service books, and numerous battery pulls.

Anyone else having trouble with grandfathered Hotmail accounts on 2.5? Wish I would have never deleted it and just left it alone.....

99 Z28 M6 black
04 GSX-R750 blue/white
Old 07-02-2008, 02:55 AM   #2
camaro322hp

Wirelessly posted (T-Mobile 8100)

Update: 3 messages hit the BB tonight 5 hours after arriving to hotmail. However, durung those 5 hours, all my other email continued arriving normally (gmail, yahoo, OWA, and the new hotmail account).

then, just to confuse matters more, one email from the old hotmail account just now hit the BB 1 minute after hitting hotmail.

Am I the only one having these issues?

99 Z28 M6 black
04 GSX-R750 blue/white
Old 07-02-2008, 06:26 AM   #3
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

Possible TMO issue? I'm on VZW and my hotmail account works instantly since the BIS 2.5 update.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:28 AM   #4
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Ill have to send an email to my hotmail acct almost forgot about it until I read this thread
Old 07-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
silverxbaby
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro322hp View Post
I have had one of the "grandfathered" hotmail accounts that has worked on BIS 2.4. When BIS 2.5 hit, I deleted and re-created the account on the T-Mo BIS website to get instant delivery. That day, I sent my self a couple test emails, and they were instantaneous. Nice.

Now the trouble starts. Ever since that day, Hotmails from that account are showing up very late, if at all. I created a new Hotmail account to test it, and everything I get in that account is delivered instantaneously to my BB. My grandfathered account continues to lag in delivery, if they are delivered at all. I'm currently waiting on 3 emails that have been in my inbox over an hour, but have not arrived at my BB. During that hour, I have tested my new Hotmail account, and bam, instantaneous.

Troubleshooting so far has been deleting/recreating the old hotmail account, re-sending service books, and numerous battery pulls.

Anyone else having trouble with grandfathered Hotmail accounts on 2.5? Wish I would have never deleted it and just left it alone.....
Could this problem be linked on one I'm having? Emails to my hotmail account function perfectly unless I am logged in to Windos Live in any way (hotmail, MSN etc) in which case they are not delivered to the BlackBerry. Presumably if the above poster was looking at the inbox, they were indeed logged on? This is an annoying problem. Does anyone have a solution?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
camaro322hp

Wirelessly posted (T-Mobile 8100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverxbaby
Quote:

Could this problem be linked on one I'm having? Emails to my hotmail account function perfectly unless I am logged in to Windos Live in any way (hotmail, MSN etc) in which case they are not delivered to the BlackBerry. Presumably if the above poster was looking at the inbox, they were indeed logged on? This is an annoying problem. Does anyone have a solution?
Now THAT is probably what's going on. I am logged onto msn messenger all day at work. The messages didn't come through until later in the night after I had signed off of msn messenger.

Yep, I knew I should have left my grandfathered account alone. Emails were delivered before regardless if I was logged onto messenger.

99 Z28 M6 black
04 GSX-R750 blue/white
Old 07-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #7
silverxbaby

I'm wishing the same. Hopefully someone will have a solution.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #8
camaro322hp

I just did some quick testing. As fas as MSN messenger, being ONLINE appears to stop delivery to the BB. Being AWAY or APPEAR OFFLINE, emails still arrived instantaneously to the BB.

Also tested JiveTalk. If I'm ONLINE with MSN messenger on JiveTalk, emails from that hotmail account are not delivered to the BB.

Not happy....

99 Z28 M6 black
04 GSX-R750 blue/white
Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #9
camaro322hp

BTW, silverx, thanks for posting and helping me find the cause.

Now if there is only a solution out there....

99 Z28 M6 black
04 GSX-R750 blue/white
Old 07-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #10
silverxbaby

I can see the theory behind only delivering emails when not logged in, but in practicual usage it's not what's needed. At least not by me anyway. Who would be responsible for such decisions, RIM or Microsoft? Frustratingly it seems not all networks are working in the same way. I'm on T-Mobile UK and have the problem and a friend on 02 UK has reported the same. But - according to a post on another thread - it would seem Orange is not affected.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #11
camaro322hp

I do see a sliver of rationality behind the idea, but nothing else works like this, why should MSN? For example, when I am signed into Yahoo messenger, I still receive Yahoo email on my BB. When I am signed into GTalk, I still receive GMail on my BB. And so on....

Besides, there are too many exceptions when this would not be a good idea. For example, the one I listed above, when I am online with MSN using JiveTalk, or any other IM client on the BB, I would clearly want emails to be delivered to my BB.

99 Z28 M6 black
04 GSX-R750 blue/white
Old 07-02-2008, 01:13 PM   #12
silverxbaby

Actually this is getting worse. The emails that arrived while I was signed in to MSN haven't been delivered to my BlackBerry even though I signed out twenty or so minutes ago.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #13
camaro322hp

Yeah, took a few hours last night after I signed out to get messages from when I was signed in. Not good at all.

99 Z28 M6 black
04 GSX-R750 blue/white
Old 07-03-2008, 03:56 AM   #14
silverxbaby

Quote:
Yeah, took a few hours last night after I signed out to get messages from when I was signed in. Not good at all.

Having had this in use for a little while now I have discovered that the emails sent to my hotmail account and left unread were forwarded to my BlackBerry after I had signed out of MSN etc, but only when another new email arrived. This seemed to trigger the push and they they all came through at once.
Closed Thread