BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 09:22 PM   #1
RonFriedman

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t
Default 1 BB anad 2 exchange servers

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 7100g (no BES yet) and 2 domains (RonF@warsowe.com / [email address]) because I run 2 different businesses from 2 different offices, and we have 2 exchange servers (1 for each domain).

I have both offices redirecting my emails to my BB without any problem.

Is there a way to reply to Warsowe emails with a @Warsowe.com reply; and to fctcpa.com emails with a @fctcpa.com reply?

Also, when I upgrade to BES can I handle 2 domains as well or more easily?

It's critical that I keep the emails separate and not allowing them to comingle, that is why I do NOT sync emails using the USB.

Any help / sugg'ns would be greatly appreciated.

Ron
Old 07-23-2005, 08:59 PM   #2
bbmember
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonFriedman
I have a 7100g (no BES yet) and 2 domains (RonF@warsowe.com / [email address]) because I run 2 different businesses from 2 different offices, and we have 2 exchange servers (1 for each domain).

I have both offices redirecting my emails to my BB without any problem.

Is there a way to reply to Warsowe emails with a @Warsowe.com reply; and to fctcpa.com emails with a @fctcpa.com reply?

Also, when I upgrade to BES can I handle 2 domains as well or more easily?

It's critical that I keep the emails separate and not allowing them to comingle, that is why I do NOT sync emails using the USB.

Any help / sugg'ns would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

I think BBReply software will allow you to do this if I remember correctly.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:10 AM   #3
zChris

Model: 9000
Carrier: Globe Telecom

I havent tried this but I dont think that you can actually connect one BlackBerry to more than one exchange account at the same time. Your best bet would be to connect one account through the BES and the other account using BIS. Note, though, that you want the account connecting to the BES the account that you would use most often as you will be able to get calendar and other PIM sync using the BES account while you can only get email from the BIS account.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:10 PM   #4
TRILIGHT
Thumbs Must Hurt

I do this right now between my work and home Exchange servers. It works great! It will reply automatically through the correct system depending on which one it came in on. On new messages, you need to choose which to send it out on. The trick is to change the "Message Service" name in the Redirector Settings located on the Desktop Manager. Open it up and go to the "Advanced" tab. Change the "Message Service Display Name" to whatever that system is called. Do the same for the other system.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:52 PM   #5
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .

If you do the above make sure you also remove the checkbox from automatically updating email addresses based on recipient policy on the email addresses tab in Active Directory otherwise the overidden address may revert back.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:04 PM   #6
TRILIGHT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAdmin
If you do the above make sure you also remove the checkbox from automatically updating email addresses based on recipient policy on the email addresses tab in Active Directory otherwise the overidden address may revert back.
Not sure I follow you. I have not had to do this and have not experienced a problem. Can you provide more information? Thanks!
Closed Thread