Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 08:28 PM   #1
CodyMac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: AT&T
Default I'm colorblind...

Please Login to Remove!

... though not completely. It's almost impossible for me to tell the difference (on my 7100g) between the consistent flashing green "the power is on" LED and the red/orange/youtellme "you have a message or something" LED. Is there any way to change the color (doubtful), or can I make it where the reddish one flashes faster or something like that?

Thanks for your help...
Old 08-30-2005, 08:30 PM   #2
bbmember
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyMac
... though not completely. It's almost impossible for me to tell the difference (on my 7100g) between the consistent flashing green "the power is on" LED and the red/orange/youtellme "you have a message or something" LED. Is there any way to change the color (doubtful), or can I make it where the reddish one flashes faster or something like that?

Thanks for your help...
I don't think thats possible. But I am not 100% sure.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #3
AlbertoM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:

Thanks for your help...
Turn off the green one. You don't really need it and it uses power. You should know whether it is off or on, and can easily check by touching the scroll wheel or any button.

The only thing left then that could blink is the red one.

There you go.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:11 PM   #4
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

I believe there is a tool like blinkberry or something. It may be along these lines. You might do a search for LED blink and see what you come up with...

You must save a lot on TV's, you can let us fight over the color then take that lonely B&W...
Old 08-30-2005, 09:26 PM   #5
CodyMac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
I believe there is a tool like blinkberry or something. It may be along these lines. You might do a search for LED blink and see what you come up with...

You must save a lot on TV's, you can let us fight over the color then take that lonely B&W...
Thanks, I found Blinkberry, but it didn't look like it would get the job done. How do I turn off the green LED?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. I'm good to go. Thanks for the tip!!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:52 PM   #6
AlbertoM

Quote:
Thanks, I found Blinkberry, but it didn't look like it would get the job done. How do I turn off the green LED?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. I'm good to go. Thanks for the tip!!
Glad to help. Let us know how that works!
Old 08-31-2005, 07:19 AM   #7
CodyMac
Thumbs Must Hurt

OK, I'm still missing something as far as my understanding of how/when the LED flashes. I left my BB holstered all night, and when I woke up this morning, the red LED wasn't flashing, yet I had 3 new emails. Is there some setting that will make the red LED flash until I no longer have any unread messages?

Thanks for your help...
Old 08-31-2005, 07:33 AM   #8
AlbertoM

Quote:
OK, I'm still missing something as far as my understanding of how/when the LED flashes. I left my BB holstered all night, and when I woke up this morning, the red LED wasn't flashing, yet I had 3 new emails. Is there some setting that will make the red LED flash until I no longer have any unread messages?

Thanks for your help...
As near as I can figure it out, the LED flashes for a while, then stops. Presumably to save power? I don't know and I can't find any documentation about it. So I check it first thing in the morning. I have woken up a few times during the night to see it flashing. OTOH, there is no email that can't wait until morning. Phone calls are a different thing....
Old 08-31-2005, 07:34 AM   #9
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:

Thanks for your help...
It's doing what it's supposed to do.
The red LED will only flash for a short while after receiving a new message. It is NOT an "unread message" indicator... it is a "new message" indicator.
After a few minutes, the message isn't "new" anymore, hence the red LED stops flashing.
There's no setting in the standard blackberry handheld OS to change this behavior. There might be third party utilities to hack it, but I've never used any.
Closed Thread