Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
Wicked2

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Newbie Needs iTunes Help

Please Login to Remove!

Can you sync a BB Storm with iTunes and sync music, videos, and playlists?

I know on Rim's site it states you can sync with iTunes, but to what capacity, and I know the apps portion will not work, so I was wondering?
Old 12-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

You can sync music and I believe audio podcasts.

That's it as far as I know
Old 12-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
nitsudima

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I use BlackBerry's Media Sync program (a separate download from the standard Desktop Manager software), and it works fairly well. You can move individual songs or complete playlists. It is only for audio (music and podcasts), though; no video. And also be aware that the files have to be non-DRM. It will copy anything you throw at it, but when you try to play a "protected" file on your BB you'll get an error message.

I'm still looking for a good solution for getting video on my Storm. Some files I've ripped myself work fine, but I haven't figured out a good way to get any of my iTunes video to work (it's all loaded with DRM). I downloaded a demo of a program called Tunebite, which supposedly makes a DRM-free copy of each video frame-by-frame, but I haven't tried it yet.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
Wicked2

Model: 9530

All my music is non DRM, either newly downloaded from Apple, or ripped from my cd's, and older iTunes songs have been converted to ACC Plus format, it is the only format I use except for some MP3 files that I made for my wife's BB Curve so she can have music ringtones.

I just want to make sure the ACC format will play, but I am getting a Storm 2 and I have to buy a 16 gb msd card next week, because now I am running on an iPhone 3GS 32GB, so it will be a shortfall in space but I can live with it.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
NeilMorrison14

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

Also, if you want to sync podcasts, synching with iTunes, you can use Blackberry's Desktop Manager software, which allows you to sync with playlists. In iTunes, you can create "smart playlists" for podcasts. The Apple.com site has instructions on how to create smart playlists made up of podcast episodes.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked2 View Post
All my music is non DRM, either newly downloaded from Apple, or ripped from my cd's, and older iTunes songs have been converted to ACC Plus format, it is the only format I use except for some MP3 files that I made for my wife's BB Curve so she can have music ringtones.

I just want to make sure the ACC format will play, but I am getting a Storm 2 and I have to buy a 16 gb msd card next week, because now I am running on an iPhone 3GS 32GB, so it will be a shortfall in space but I can live with it.
I downloaded a software called Videora BlackBerry Converter and it works really well with the default settings for the Storm. I love watching TV shows and movies on the go and my Storm2 does a good job in this department. Note that I recommend to drag your video files manually to the video folder in the BB instead of Sync.

As for video playback it is really good but I wish they would let you choose "full screen" mode for movies cause in a wifescreen format they look pretty small. And subtitle support would be great.
Battery life is pretty good I made a drain test a while ago
Old 02-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #7
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...tery-test.html

Here it is.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #8
sbbytor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked2 View Post
Can you sync a BB Storm with iTunes and sync music, videos, and playlists?

I know on Rim's site it states you can sync with iTunes, but to what capacity, and I know the apps portion will not work, so I was wondering?
What I find the easiest is this.

My BB is mass storage mode. When you plug your BB in the icon for the BB shows up on your desktop. I just locate the music folder and drag what music I want right into it.

Really no need to use any program at all for syncing.

Hope this helps.

sbbytor