BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 02:40 AM   #1
miclev

Model: 9500
Carrier: orange
Default Strange problem with 9520

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 9520, v 5.0.0.341, bought in Italy, branded Tim but Sim unlocked as all Italian phones.
I use it with an Israeli Sim card, and while in Israel the phone works very well. I have been travelling in different countries and also the phone has been performing well.
But… when I am in Italy I have serious problems with the phone. I have tried both Network selection modes, automatic and manual, and tried to connect manually to all different providers available, obviously included Tim, but the phone after being connected to one provider, disconnects and reconnects after some seconds. When it is disconnected, it shows “Sos” phone only, and this I believe indicates that the phone gets the signal. During this time, I can't make or receive calls and mail. This happens in areas with full coverage where I don’t have similar problems with other phones, Blackberry and others.
As a result of this, the battery gets completely discharged after a few hours because of the countless searching and registration processes.
I would like to repeat that roaming in other countries has been without any problem.
I have no idea what can be the nature of the problem, and in particular, if it is a hardware or software originated.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (9520; (I'm mobile))

You're roaming with the same SIM card in all countries, or changing the SIM in each different country?
Old 02-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
miclev

Model: 9500
Carrier: orange

Thanks for your answer
I am roaming with the same Sim in all countries and, as I said, I had problems only in Italy. I am not aware I can get BB services with a Sim that has no BB activation
Closed Thread