BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Will you/Have you moved away from your BlackBerry?
Absolutely Not! BlackBerry Forever. 150 29.53%
I am considering it, moving to the Android Platform 112 22.05%
I am considering it, moving to the iPhone Platform 83 16.34%
I am considering it, moving to the Windows 7 Platform 21 4.13%
I have. I moved on to the Android Platform, Goodbye BlackBerry! 32 6.30%
I have. I moved on to the iPhone Platform, Goodbye BlackBerry! 24 4.72%
I have. I moved on to the Windows 7 Platform, Goodbye BlackBerry! 1 0.20%
I won't consider a move yet, I have faith RIM will come out with a competing device. 84 16.54%
I have no desire to use my mobile phone as a multimedia/app station. BlackBerry is best for me. 42 8.27%
My BlackBerry was issued to me, I have no choice in the matter. 18 3.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #41
sjalsevac

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

Please Login to Remove!

I will move to the Iphone very soon unless RIM comes up with a new business class unit that rivals the IPhone and Android browsing speeds.

My Bold 9000 is painfully slow at browsing. I compared it with a Torch and was astonished to find that it was no faster. (I did the test myself browsing multiple sites on both phones). What boggles my mind is that RIM put such a weak processor in the Torch. What are they thinking?

I need fast browsing because I have to do much more Internet related work and tethering now using my phone. The Torch is hopeless compared to the IPhone that I have now bought for three of my staff who previously had Blackberrys. They love those things.

I have been hanging on longer but the wait is now getting ridiculous. I cannot see why RIM is still so far behind in some critical areas. An up-to-date, more powerful processor would seem to be the first simple solution to the browsing problem. There are of course other issues related to the arcane OS in both the old and new Blackberries, but I can live with OS 6 for a while under the assumption that RIM will still add many improvements to it. For now, with the 9000 I am stuck with an older dinosaur 5.0 OS.

Last edited by sjalsevac; 11-17-2010 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Typo
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:45 AM   #42
Serafina
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: airtel

I can't leave BlackBerry. If I leave it, I will feel lonely and bored. It's my life. hehe...
Old 11-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #43
jpcalhoun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
There is lots of talk, but very little actual data to back it up. I am curious how many of you are considering moving away from your BlackBerry and moving on to another device that can do more for you in whatever category.
Well, I made the move. I moved from the Blackberry Tour to the Droid Pro. Why...larger screen, more internal memory, faster processor, better multi-tasking OS (and faster), more flexibility and better web speed, rendering and flexibility. I use for business and personal.

I would have probably stayed with Blackberry if I could have gotten the Torch on Verizon. But...that isn't happening, right now anyway...I will not move to AT&T and I don't want an iPhone.

I've had the Pro for a week...it is a great phone...very happy with the phone and that I made the move. No harsh words about Blackberry.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #44
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Well, I geeked out on the myTouch 4G for a little over a week and ended back with my trusty 9700. Will be getting the 9780 next week. For what I do, heavy emailer/texter, no phone can do it better, faster and more reliable. Sorry for the short affair BB, its good to be back home.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 11-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #45
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

Well, I geeked out on the myTouch 4G for a little over a week and ended back with my trusty 9700. Will be getting the 9780 next week. For what I do, heavy emailer/texter, no phone can do it better, faster and more reliable. Sorry for the short affair BB, its good to be back home.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #46
neil154
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

I have considered moving onto to a Android phone (and even did for 1 week) but I gave up on the idea since I really want to sync with Outlook (BIS) and Android does not natively support it and the addon apps seem very poor for the sync.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:35 AM   #47
monk.teo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9105
Carrier: vodafone

how to leave the BB, I just bought a new one (9105) fantastic and stylish
Old 11-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #48
alphasports
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers (CAN) / A1 (AUT) / Swisscom (SUI) / T-Mobile (USA)

I'm constantly switching back n forth between my 9700 and my iphone, both of which do certain things very well, so I did not vote in the poll. Because of the 9700's tiny screen I just got a 9800 as a test to see how close it comes to iphone general useability, and my initial reaction after a couple hours' hacking around is that it's "OK" but will need a fair amount of firmware tweaking to smooth things out. At this point it's hard to say if the 9800 will stay past the 14-day approval period or not...
Old 11-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #49
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm20Month View Post
Sadly, I'll probably leave BB in 8 days when I'm eligible for an upgrade. Thinking of going "Droid". There are many things that I like about my Storm, but when it comes down to it, I need something dependable. Almost from the time I got the Storm, I've had to do a battery pull - almost every day. Despite updates, it freezes up almost daily. It takes a very long time to access websites - if at all. It can hold only five apps. When I try to add any more, I always get a message that there is not enough memory. Occasionally, the touch screen goes wonky and will not recognize what I touch on the screen.

I like a touch-screen, and I'm staying with Verizon, so my only other BB choices at this time don't have the touch screen. Who knows...maybe I'll come back to BB in the future, but the frustration I've experienced with the Storm over the past 20 months has led me to this choice.

Of all the Blackberry's out there, the Storm is probably the worst as far as reliability and stability. ;-(
Old 11-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #50
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewknight View Post
I started my BB thing late on with a 9500, a bad place to start! By the time I got rid of it I'd just about got it working right but that took months of tweaking and different os builds.
Followed that with a 7290! Brilliant phone, I'm not one of these folk with 50 apps or more, I've only got logmaid on my current 9700.
Went to an Iphone 3Gs 16g and although I liked it for a week I soon got bored with jailbreaking and Apple in general.
Now running the aforementioned 9700 and loving it.
I'll never leave the brand again although I am going to exchange my 9700 for a 9000.
Curious, why go from the 9700 to a 9000?
Old 11-25-2010, 02:45 PM   #51
salin

Model: 8330

My 8330 was having problems scrolling some of the time, so I started looking at the new phone options from Verizon as I was eligible for an early upgrade anyway.
I ended up switching to a Droid X. I have had nothing but problems with it since Oct. 27. (I have until the 27th. of Nov. to return it)
It has been difficult to set up the email accounts, especially the outgoing server settings. Only 2 of my 5 accounts are currently working.
Since gmail comes standard with Droids, you are forced to use gmail for syncing. This has been a real challenge getting the Droid, gmail, and my contact manager to be on the same page. I loose contacts, they also get duplicated.
I have checked several Droid forum sites and it appears there are several problems with syncing the Droids.
As an independent sales agent, I live by emails and my contacts.
I've been on the phone with Verizon, Motorola and Companion Link for hours upon hours this past month and have not been able to resolve the issues.
Now I'm about 90% sure I will switch back to BB before my return date expires.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #52
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

I'm currently using a 8320 and would like to move up to a newer device. I really like the overall form factor of the Curve -- not too small, and not too big, fits well in my hand when I'm on a call, or using it to type text/email/web browsing. I also prefer the spaced-out Curve keyboards than the ones found on the Bold. Tried a 9700 before, but I guess I was just more accustomed to the Curve one.

So, I was quite excited to hear about RIM coming out with the 9300 line. But when I saw the specs, I was left wondering what's going on? The screen resolution on the 9300 is worse than the one found on the 8900. The camera on the 9300 (2.0MP, fixed focus, no flash) is also worse than my old device. One would think that a newer device would come with improvements. But it doesn't seem to be the case. What gives?

I know it's not really RIM's fault, but in terms of apps, it seems that the iPhones and Androids are getting all the attention right now. Sometimes I see something and think to myself "oh it'd be nice if they had an app for that. Oh wait they do. Just not for BlackBerry."
Old 11-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #53
JonCarter_curve8520

Model: 8520
Carrier: Orange UK

i would but i think i'd miss push email and BBM
Old 11-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #54
duane534
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: Ask Me
Carrier: AT&T

I find that Android, iOS, and WinPhone7 have no infrastructure. Everything is done on the phone. Thus, if I were to switch, not only would I lose BBM and push email, but the phone would be incredibly slow and short-lived. Why would I give all that up for Angry Birds? I think it's far more likely that BB gets an Angry Birds app than Apple building a BIS-style push infrastructure.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:28 PM   #55
bgmeet

Model: 9500
Carrier: M-Tel

Well, i not voted yet.
Becouse my phone is locked my operator, and no one wanna help me.
My own operator say to me: lock better next time when you chose phone.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:46 AM   #56
wesware
Thumbs Must Hurt

Every smartphone maker has their "thing". iPhone is for play, Android is for speed and style, and BlackBerry is for email and usability (keyboard). Each has their place in the market and any user must determine what his/her needs are before choosing. Do your research first so you don't have to switch devices later. My BlackBerry serves my needs well and I'm sticking with it.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #57
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I am liking the Droid Pro but will also keep a blackberry

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #58
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesware View Post
iPhone is for play, Android is for speed and style, and BlackBerry is for email and usability (keyboard).
Seriously, this is what you think?
Old 12-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #59
BrianP

Model: 8320

I'm giving serious thought to competitors.

Pretty much the app that has tied me to my personal BB has been my Blackberry Messenger, which has saved me hundreds in overtexting costs (no really, my first two months of having my BB my friends decided to text me like 20/day each for five or six friends for those two months. Once everyone got BB's, the texting dried up). I have given serious thought to Android phones, but the lack of a BBM type software, as well as the upcharge in Android mobile plans (and the limiting of data plans in the US from both Verizon and AT&T) has made me hesitant to pull the trigger.

My real loyalty right now is T-Mobile USA, and I dig what I've seen of the Torch, so if something like that comes out for TMO, I'll probably stick to BB.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:13 AM   #60
wesware
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
Seriously, this is what you think?
That's why I said it. Something to add?