Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
atomicrabbit

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Default "Address updated externally" error

Please Login to Remove!

As of a wekk or two ago, my blackberry has been giving me the following error whenever I edit a contact in my address book:

Address Updated Externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed.

This is the exact process I followed.

1) Open contact in address book, select Edit.

2) Make changes to entry

3) Click blackberry button -> Save. At that point it did nothing. It doesn't return to the contact list and it doesn't seem to save the entry. It just stays in the contact's editable form.

4) Clicking save a second time brings up the above error message for about 2 seconds, then it disappears and the BB still stays in the contact's edit screen. The only way to get out is to Discard the changes. Sometimes even after I discard the changes, it saves it to the contact, but it's rare that it happens.

The one thing I did out of the ordinary (around the time I noticed the problem start happening) is install Blackberry Desktop Manager v4.5, which I downloaded from the main blackberry website, not my own carrier's website. My carrier (Telus Mobility) has not released v4.5 to it's customers yet. But I still have v4.3.0.65 OS software on my phone.

I called my carrier and they suggested I clear out my Address Book and re-sync it with Outlook. I did that a few times along with soft-resetting after each try, but it didn't fix the problem. I figured that maybe the v4.5 of Desktop Manager was causing the problems, so I uninstalled it and re-installed v4.3 of the Desktop Manager software. After doing that, I cleared the Address Book again and re-synced in DM 4.3. Still did not make a difference. I'm out of ideas!!

I've searched google and from the looks of it, it's a BES problem, but I don't even have BES... I am using BIS. WTF?! I found a few things from google, but none of the solutions helped.... Can anyone here help me??!

If you need anymore info, just ask.
Closed Thread