Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
Enema Weapon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers
Default unfortunately...

Please Login to Remove!

I have to say "forget this". Even though I love the blackberry pearl...alot, it's a great all around phone, love all the features and what not, always on msn, browsing the net, google mapping and stuff but it was because I got a 3 month offer from rogers that let me use unlimited data for 30$. And now that that's up I have to face this: Rogers.com-Wireless, Digital Cable, Hi-Speed Internet, Bundles

That is absolutely ridiculous and in no way worth it, so I guess I'm forced to sell my pearl and get a normal phone. I hate this so much because this is the only phone on the market that I want and because of Rogers' RIDICULOUS pricing structure I have to get rid of it. Ughhh. I just don't know what to say about this. It's all so frustrating.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
dhendriksen
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enema Weapon
I have to say "forget this". Even though I love the blackberry pearl...alot, it's a great all around phone, love all the features and what not, always on msn, browsing the net, google mapping and stuff but it was because I got a 3 month offer from rogers that let me use unlimited data for 30$. And now that that's up I have to face this: Rogers.com-Wireless, Digital Cable, Hi-Speed Internet, Bundles

That is absolutely ridiculous and in no way worth it, so I guess I'm forced to sell my pearl and get a normal phone. I hate this so much because this is the only phone on the market that I want and because of Rogers' RIDICULOUS pricing structure I have to get rid of it. Ughhh. I just don't know what to say about this. It's all so frustrating.
RIDICULOUS does not even come close to describing that data pricing. In the US we pay $20 per month to T-Mobile for unlimited. I wonder if it would be worth getting a US number and phone with T-Mobile, paying for the free international roaming to Canada (About $20 if I recall correctly) and getting a $15 Vonage canadian line and forwarding that to your cell. That way people in Canada could call your local Canada number and it would just forward to your cell (free long distance forwarding with Vonage), you would still certainly be saving money because the plans here are so much cheaper, and it wouldn't be THAT inconvenient. The only thing that would be screwy is your caller ID showing up as a different number than people call you on, and your text messaging. It is a total work around, but if you enjoy the data that much it would be worth it. That is what I would do.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
Enema Weapon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Another thing that bugs me is that how will this be at all effective once they roll out their 3G network officially? Would they not have to COMPLETELY revise their data and blackberry plans? If they don't, someone using a 3G smartphone to browse the net could be charged hundreds on just data.
Closed Thread