BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
geetarpikr

Model: 8700c
Default Cingular Data Plan???

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all, I am using a BB 8700c and am going to purchase one of the unlimited data plans that cingular offers. here are my options

BB unlimited 50 a month
Access and manage e-mail from up to 10 ISP accounts or your corporate e-mail with a BlackBerry Wireless Handheld. Send, receive, forward, and reply to messages while on the go! BlackBerry is available with voice plans too. Service is not available at all times in all places. View Map and Coverage Limitations. May be used with BlackBerry Enterprise Server to access corporate email.

or

BB personal plan unlimited 35 a month
Access and manage e-mail from up to 10 ISP accounts with a BlackBerry Wireless Handheld. Send, receive, forward and reply to messages while on the go! Service is not available at all times in all places. View Map and Coverage Limitations. This rate plan may not be used with BlackBerry Enterprise Server to access corporate e-mail.

now i have 3 email accounts i need to access one is yahoo, one is comcast and one is a POP work email through the church i work at, (smtpout.secureserver.net) outgoing and (mail._______.org) incoming server. My question is which one of these two plans do i need to look at purchasing and also does this include textmessaging and webbrowsing? Sorry for being uninformed but it is easier to get a honest answer from a forum than calling customer service thanks!

Greg Brown
[email address]

8700c
Old 06-25-2006, 10:57 PM   #2
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

In my experience no wireless carrier refuse to upgrade user to a new plan that costs more, but many will put you through pain and suffering if you ask them downgrade you to plan that costs less.

Start with BB personal for $35. Find if it does what you want. If not, you can always convince Cingular to accept more $$$ from you.

From what you describe email will definitely work, you may have to call Cingular to tell them enable browser but they will do it for free, textmessaging either works with both plans or does not.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:29 PM   #3
geetarpikr

Model: 8700c

in addition, my 8700c does not have a browser icon, how do i get the browser icon, i read the stickied thread at the top of the blackberry network page, tried to get it to work to check the web but i do not have a browser. Any suggestions? sorry for being so nieve when it comes to these blackberrys
Old 06-26-2006, 12:04 AM   #4
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

You have to have the Data Plan to get the browser.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:20 AM   #5
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Get the lower priced plan. You do not need the BES version as you don't appear to work for a company the uses a BES server. And you will have to add SMS messaging option to yor Voice plan. Text is not considered Data.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Closed Thread