BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
Jim Peelgren
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7105
Thumbs down Error from Theme Builder

Please Login to Remove!

I am creating my first theme. When I do an export from Theme Builder to create the ALX file, I am getting the following error:

Error: Banner Date: Failed to start font exporting process. Please verify that installation completed successfully.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

As a corollary question, can ANY font be used in a theme or just the standard BB fonts? I am thinking the latter, but thought i'd check. Thanks...
Old 04-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
srl7741
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Peelgren
I am creating my first theme. When I do an export from Theme Builder to create the ALX file, I am getting the following error:

Error: Banner Date: Failed to start font exporting process. Please verify that installation completed successfully.

As a corollary question, can ANY font be used in a theme or just the standard BB fonts? I am thinking the latter, but thought i'd check. Thanks...

If i remember right the error is caused by the name you are using to save the theme as for example:

A Good theme name would be: Mytheme, My theme, theme1

A bad theme name would be: My & theme, my* theme, my/theme

Not all characters are excepted in the naming of a theme and it will cause an error.

hope this helps?
Old 04-19-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
Jim Peelgren

Default Problem Solved!

It was the case of the dastardly ampersand sign! Thanks for the tip! It would have helped if the error message didn't indicate ared herring!
Old 04-19-2006, 06:27 PM   #4
rcbjr

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Peelgren

-----
For the Fonts, I have been able to use just about any font that I hve tried. It seems to use any font insatlled in Windows XP on my machine.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Old 04-19-2006, 06:35 PM   #5
Jim Peelgren

Default What I see is NOT what I get!

In the Theme Builder, using the right "plastic" for my phone, it shows 3 rows for 4 icons each with the appropriate scroll indicators on the left (the 'standard' screen for the 7105t). However, when I create the ALX and get it on my BB, it is showing 2 rose of 4 icons each - with the appropriate scroll indicators on the left. I was thinking it is because one of my background graphics is the wrong size, but I have checked these against a known good (and working) theme and they seem to be the correct pixel sizes.

Any ideas why the actual does not match the image as seen through Theme Builder and what I can do to correct this?

If I were to shrink all the icons down would it automatically put more icons on a row and more rows?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:01 PM   #6
KonTiki

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

The problem is the size of the icons, you probably are using larger sized icons, If you reduce the size of the icons ( all the icons) you will get the third row to show up. An easy way to prove this is to check a third party icon against some of the icons you used for the theme (ex: use the bbToday icon for comparison) you will see it is smaller in size. Now if you do the image size (pixels) for this icon and reduce the rest of your icons to that size you will see the third row show up on your next build. It really does not affect any functionality and to an extent the larger icons make it a bit neater in my opinion but that is a simple matter of taste.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Closed Thread