BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
axsl11

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Thumbs up Help Needed - Internet and other random things.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

Great forum!

So I bought a new Blackberry Curve in late February and no real major problems but been working so much I've only just had the time to sit down and really analyse the phone... and I feel like I have a few problems that are easily rectifiable but can't really figure it out.

Firstly, and this is a pathetic one, my friend has also just bought the Javelin too... on his home page full of icons his are all in colour... mine are just in white. Why is this? Can I make mine colour too?

Secondly, and the main problem, my internet takes AGES to load up a page. 30 secs to a minute usually. I thought this was the normal time because of our lack of 3G but when he loaded a page right next to me it took literally seconds. 5 at max. I don't understand!!

Also, the past 2 days I haven't been able to access my browser at all because the page 'could not be rendered' - how can I stop this?

BBM, MSN, TwitterBerry etc. all work at very quick and fast speeds. What is up with my internet? Only today have I connected it to my wi-fi at home and not used the general mobile internet... still the same problem.

Finally - every now and then my LED indicator will flash or it'll vibrate and nothing will come up. Why is this? My friend says it's because it's trying to find a signal (I keep my wi-fi and GPRS on all the time - battery waste I know)... is that true?

So many questions.. hope someone can help. Ideally what I'd love is to be able to talk (perhaps on MSN) to someone in the know who can help me step by step with these problems... private message me if you think you can..

Thanks in advance to all those that can help in some way.

Happy Easter!
Closed Thread