Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #61
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 3050BF93
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

This is just getting stupid now. Its luck - or bad luck i guess - whether or not your phone gets screwed up while either in your pocket or on your hip. Im sure people come into stores all the time saying that there phone is screwy b/c it fell off there hip or they dropped it but this does not mean that they dont take care of there phone.

i carry my phone in my pocket b/c it is easier to access and i am worried that if it was on my hip it would fall off if i was sitting down or hanging out at night. When i was in the verizon store the other day the manager was walking around with his storm in his pocket.

You, ScottRPriester need to realize that stuff happens to phones and in the long run it probably makes no difference if its in my pocket, hip or if im holding it in my hand. something bad could happen and my phone could end up broken. The main thing to do is try to take care of your 600$ phone as well as you can and then if it does end up broken pray to god that you dont have to go to a store where a judgmental stuck up person like yourself works.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #62
rican408

PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

1. popcorn

2.wow, people are fighting about this

3. how do you people deal with a big fat phone in ur pocket? im a hoster person, i dont care how it looks. it just feels better. im also a field person and the clips ive had over the years have been good to me. actually the one time i messed up my phone is when i had it in my pocket and i leaned on it and cracked the screen. (not the storm)
Old 12-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #63
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 3050BF93

I carry a lot of junk in my pocket. gum, chap stick, change keys and then in my other pocket is just my phone. it feels so weird not having my phone in my pocket where i can feel it and make sure its there. And actually the only time i had a problem with a phone is when it was in a case and fell to the floor and cracked the screen (it was a really old palm)
Old 12-31-2008, 12:41 AM   #64
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: STORM
Carrier: VERIZON WIRELESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsontag View Post
You, ScottRPriester need to realize that stuff happens to phones and in the long run it probably makes no difference if its in my pocket, hip or if im holding it in my hand. something bad could happen and my phone could end up broken. The main thing to do is try to take care of your 600$ phone as well as you can and then if it does end up broken pray to god that you dont have to go to a store where a judgmental stuck up person like yourself works.
Call it what you want, I see it every day. Oddly enough, a mother came in today, and she had bought herself, her daughter and son each a Storm. I talked with her at length about issues she was having with the phones and was happy to help her out. She then showed me her sons phone, which had the last original piece of plastic on the screen from out of the box. It looked as though keys or something sharp had dug in to the screen in multiple places. I asked the magic question, and sure enough, the answer was what I thought.

Facts are facts, damage caused by carrying a phone in a pocket are definitely one of the top three out of warranty issues we see.

I hope you are enjoying your phone as much as I am.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #65
nm6r
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530

Pocket or holster, whatever makes one happy.

Carrying a phone in a pocket isn't in itself going to damage a phone. It's the other stuff in the pocket.

Ray
Old 01-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #66
SpectreBlofeld
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630

Scott may have an abrasive attitude, but he's right. I sell for VZW and see more damage done due to pocket carry than case carry as well. Not to mention all the pocket lint in charge ports, speakers, behind screens, etc. Snap-in holsters, on the other hand, are the worst. Phones have a tendency to be forcibly ejected from those Also, many snap-in holsters have the phone facing outward and exposed, which is just asking for a good smack against a doorknob or something. A good leather belt pouch, like the OEM Blackberry ones, are ideal. Protip: The Storm with a silicone skin on it fits perfectly in the OEM Blackberry 8703 case. So does the Curve+skin.

Hip-slinging your cellie has become less goofy as cell usage has become ubiquitous.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #67
camoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemogul View Post
If you talked to me in person like you are talking on here, I'd knock your damn teeth in
That's a wicked reasonable response. LMAO!
Old 01-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #68
acole10000

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW

I have used belt clips and cases and I can't tell you how many times my phone has flown off my hips, clips break, clips come loose from your belt. All my phones have hit pavement more than a 5 year old trying to learn to ride a bike.

Speaking of 5 year olds, ScottRPriester you are acting like one. We heard what you said more than once.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #69
moviemogul
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: I have one, but do you want it :)

Most of the time, I have my phone in my car charger in a little cubby hole in my dash. It doesn't move from there the bulk of the day. A holster, since I spend 90% of my day sitting, is not logical for me. But, as I said earlier, my phone is fine now. No scratches, and is currently protected with Zagg IS
Old 01-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #70
hop2000

Model: Touch
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRPriester View Post
Yeah I hear that all time, people, mostly younger people, worried about how it looks. Of course, they are the first to come in and say what a piece of junk their phone is, and demand something be done, when they haven't properly taken care of it.

I don't think age has anything to do with it. I have always kept my phones in my pocket. To me it seems a lot safer in there than on a holster or belt clip. Has RIM released a statement about their devices that in order to properly "take care of them" they should be stored in a holster?

It's a simple matter of personal opinion and preference.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #71
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: STORM
Carrier: VERIZON WIRELESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hop2000 View Post
I don't think age has anything to do with it. I have always kept my phones in my pocket. To me it seems a lot safer in there than on a holster or belt clip. Has RIM released a statement about their devices that in order to properly "take care of them" they should be stored in a holster?

It's a simple matter of personal opinion and preference.
By all means, wear them around your neck for all I care.

As far as the age thing goes, and I'm sure my fellow vzw sales person will agree, kids don't want any part of protecting their phones in anyway. We do our best to impress how important it is, for instance, to use the plastic layovers on say phones like the Dare, and sure enough, a month goes by and you see the child walk in, flanked with mom and dad so the mean ole VZW people won't bully them, and the phones all scratched to hell and often water damaged.
Closed Thread