Old 12-03-2008, 03:30 AM   #1
Liteace
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8110
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default cap \ number lock

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All, I have a Pearl 8110 can someone please tell me how i can switch the cap & number locks on, I enter a lot of data in my phone but have to press 2 keys there must be a way of switching it on and off ??

Thanks
Old 12-03-2008, 04:38 AM   #2
JeeBee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

When holding the capitalbutton and pressing de CAPS button, it stays on the numberfunction. Give it a try
Old 12-03-2008, 05:37 AM   #3
Liteace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeBee View Post
When holding the capitalbutton and pressing de CAPS button, it stays on the numberfunction. Give it a try
Thanks for that, i have got the numbers working all i need to know now is how to switch the CAPS on and off ??

Thanks Again
Old 12-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
JeeBee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteace View Post
Thanks for that, i have got the numbers working all i need to know now is how to switch the CAPS on and off ??

Thanks Again
The only way to do that is holding the CAPS button while typing a phrase, I think.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
Liteace

There must be another way surely, its a pain when you have to type in 17 Ref. letters that dont make up a word
Old 12-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #6
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

To set num lock, press and hold the # key and then press the Alt key (bottom left on the key pad). The "Cap" indication on the top right of the screen will change to "Num" and stay that way until you press the Alt key again.

There is no Caps lock on the Pearl, as far as I know.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:27 PM   #7
Liteace

Well thats somthing they should put in the next Pearl or firmware, no cap locks every phone, PC, PDA has that feature how stupid is that
Old 12-03-2008, 08:09 PM   #8
Redflea

The nice thing about the Pearl and Suretype is that if you have an all-caps word/acronym you have to type the Pearl can learn it and do it automatically. I've "taught" my Pearl to type several acronyms I need for my work and personal communications...makes it even easier than having to use caps lock, but obviously only for things you type regularly...for one-off all caps it's not so helpful.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:14 PM   #9
cartiel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
PIN: ask me
Carrier: Sprint
Default It's been awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteace View Post
Well thats somthing they should put in the next Pearl or firmware, no cap locks every phone, PC, PDA has that feature how stupid is that
¤I use to own a Pearl and I can't remember exactly how the "alt" button and the "aA" buttons are set up, but have you tried holding the "alt" button while pressing the "aA" button on the right (the way it is set up on the qwerty keypad) then releasing the "alt" to initiate the caps lock? I know that on the qwerty keypad numbers lock is holding the "alt" and pressing the "aA" button on the left then releasing the "alt" button and caps is releasing the "alt" after pressing the "aA" button on the right. Did you know that you can also capitalize a letter by simply holding the button for an extra second? Try it, it should work on your suretype keypad also; just press and hold or tap twice for the second letter on the button and hold on the second tap to capitalize the letter. Let me know if it works.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:18 AM   #10
Redflea

Yes - holding the letter key down does capitalize it automatically...good reminder, I had forgotten about that feature.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:17 AM   #11
Liteace

Hi All, holding the alt key down and pressing the aA key just bring up the # on the screen but as you say hold the key down with the letter you want in caps for an extra second works so look like i'll just have to do it that way

Thanks
Old 12-04-2008, 03:52 AM   #12
cartiel
Thumbs Must Hurt

I hope that solves all of your problems. Here's another hint: if you hold the "alt" while scrolling through a page it will go much faster. I can't remember how to TAB with the Pearl, but I found that out playing with the qwerty keypad; I think the arrow button below the "del" was the way I would do it on the Pearl - I loved that phone by the way. I'm not sure if you know this , but when you use the escape button to go back a page you can go forward to the page you were viewing just by pressing "F", there's no way to do that with the Qwerty keypad [bummer] I loved that about the Pearl I hate havivg to re-download to the page I was reading before I had to go back to the previous page for something.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:00 AM   #13
cartiel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Anytime I can help

I hope that solves all of your problems. Here's another hint: if you hold the "alt" while scrolling through a page it will go much faster. I can't remember how to "TAB" with the Pearl, but I found that out playing with the qwerty keypad; I think the arrow button below the "del" was the way I would do it on the Pearl - I loved that phone by the way. I'm not sure if you know this, but when you use the escape button to go back a page you can go forward to the page you were viewing just by pressing "F", there's no way to do that with the Qwerty keypad [bummer] I loved that about the Pearl I hate havivg to re-download to the page I was reading before I had to go back to the previous page for something.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:07 AM   #14
cartiel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Oops!

Sorry about the double post, it's late and I think my phone is tired (it's acting wierd after a downloaded this Stargazer theme)*(damn hour glass, I thought I had that sucker under my thumb)
Old 03-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #15
EdEspecial

Model: 8810
Carrier: AT&T
Default Getting in and out of CAPS lock

For getting into CAPS lock on a Pearl, there's a closed thread that has a solution. It's hokey but it works.

Based on the post, to enter CAPS lock: from your message, press and hold the "shift" key, then push the "send" key (which will put you in your call log, but you should see CAP still on). Push the "escape" key to go back to your message and CAP should be locked. Sometimes, while holding "shift" you have to push "send" multiple times to make it work, but it works.

To exit CAPS lock: push the "shift" key, then push the "menu "key (CAP lock should disappear). Push the "escape" key to go back to your message.

For those interested, you can see the original thread by doing a google search on "Figured out caps lock on pearl 8100"

Enjoy!

Last edited by EdEspecial; 03-10-2009 at 01:26 PM..
Old 03-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #16
borkus

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Good god... Learned all sorts of things in this one thread alone...
Closed Thread