BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 01:59 AM   #361
luciferhawk
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: XL
Posts: 4
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

Apparently it is officially available in Hong Kong from PCCW.

Do check it out at their website @ pccwmobile.com under promotion

Last edited by luciferhawk; 08-08-2008 at 02:43 AM..
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #362
dr_jared88
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 77
Default

Hrmmm... Rogers is to BEGIN training for the Bold next week apparently. This has be beleiving that these rumors of the July 29th Launch, and August 8th Launch were all lies. Doesn't look like Rogers once planned to release on those days. Looks like it will be at least another week and a bit :(
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #363
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.199
Carrier: None
Posts: 2,622
Default

Rogers techs have already had there training on the bold, they have had it since the beginning of July... the article in which you are speaking of is training for REPS, aka sales reps, retention reps etc etc

Last edited by Cory Scheuer; 08-08-2008 at 09:35 AM..
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #364
raynicolini
CrackBerry Addict
 
raynicolini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond Hill
Model: 9900
OS: 7.1.0.74
PIN: 28316DB1
Carrier: Toronto Wireless
Posts: 513
Default

sit back and relax
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #365
dr_jared88
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
Rogers techs have already had there training on the bold, they have had it since the beginning of July... the article in which you are speaking of is training for REPS, aka sales reps, retention reps etc etc
I'm aware of that. But when a major release is going to happen, companies usually like to give their sales team a quick overview of the product before releasing it.
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #366
controlled
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bowmanville Ontario
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
PIN: 23230BDD
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_jared88 View Post
Hrmmm... Rogers is to BEGIN training for the Bold next week apparently. This has be beleiving that these rumors of the July 29th Launch, and August 8th Launch were all lies. Doesn't look like Rogers once planned to release on those days. Looks like it will be at least another week and a bit :(
I dont think it was Rogers lieing about release dates, more like people on this site making out they know more than they really do.
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 06:11 PM   #367
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.199
Carrier: None
Posts: 2,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by controlled View Post
I dont think it was Rogers lieing about release dates, more like people on this site making out they know more than they really do.
Ok, this is starting to get to me... who are you (being a new member here) to say what we know and dont know... i worked for Rogers in tech support, i have friends high up in HQ. they release info to me when they know it... sometimes that info changes...

Ray, i think what we need to do is just stop letting people know when and what is happening and just keep it to ourselves, as it looks like no one really cares what we have to say and if they do they feel the need to knock us... this is the last you will hear from me about a release date, all you guys can sweat it out and just wait for it to hit stores while i'll be relaxing at home knowing when it coming..

Thank you, and bye
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #368
Battery
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Battery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Port Moody
Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
Ok, this is starting to get to me... who are you (being a new member here) to say what we know and dont know... i worked for Rogers in tech support, i have friends high up in HQ. they release info to me when they know it... sometimes that info changes...

Ray, i think what we need to do is just stop letting people know when and what is happening and just keep it to ourselves, as it looks like no one really cares what we have to say and if they do they feel the need to knock us... this is the last you will hear from me about a release date, all you guys can sweat it out and just wait for it to hit stores while i'll be relaxing at home knowing when it coming..

Thank you, and bye
I agree. Too many bitter people.
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #369
bbcan007
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 37
Default

well I think some people in high places ,do not know anything about release dates, they just want to sound inportant to there friends . there are many rumors about the bold .we all know blackberry's by nature are fun,trying machines .who has not had to do a battery pull during the day waiting for a client to call and checking to see if phone is okay only to see it dead .battery pull back in business .so I truly believe the bold has been way to glichie ,thus all these so called info experts have egg on there face as rim and rogers try's to get it correct and not have the new smart phone problems that comes with these types of phones .
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #370
controlled
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bowmanville Ontario
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
PIN: 23230BDD
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
Ok, this is starting to get to me... who are you (being a new member here) to say what we know and dont know... i worked for Rogers in tech support, i have friends high up in HQ. they release info to me when they know it... sometimes that info changes...

Ray, i think what we need to do is just stop letting people know when and what is happening and just keep it to ourselves, as it looks like no one really cares what we have to say and if they do they feel the need to knock us... this is the last you will hear from me about a release date, all you guys can sweat it out and just wait for it to hit stores while i'll be relaxing at home knowing when it coming..

Thank you, and bye
Relax

Tell us all your release dates, or keep them to yourself. Either way, the phone will be released when its released. Nothing you say will make it release any sooner.
Do you think if you stop leaking info, the phone wont be released. Who are you, Ted Rogers?


Thank you, and bye

Last edited by controlled; 08-08-2008 at 07:32 PM..
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #371
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict
 
carsmovies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: GTA, Canada
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.190
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
Ok, this is starting to get to me... who are you (being a new member here) to say what we know and dont know... i worked for Rogers in tech support, i have friends high up in HQ. they release info to me when they know it... sometimes that info changes...

Ray, i think what we need to do is just stop letting people know when and what is happening and just keep it to ourselves, as it looks like no one really cares what we have to say and if they do they feel the need to knock us... this is the last you will hear from me about a release date, all you guys can sweat it out and just wait for it to hit stores while i'll be relaxing at home knowing when it coming..

Thank you, and bye
Controlled is not that much more a new member than you. You're only 6 months older. He just doesn't post much.
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 10:06 PM   #372
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.296
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 2,384
Default

Cory et al, thank you for posting the information as you get it. There is a group that does appreciate you sharing what you know, as some of us have no connections or contacts, and don't pretend otherwise.
Offline  
Old 08-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #373
akim911
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
akim911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 152
Default

oh my god. I am hoping for the 3rd week of august 18-23. My insider says mass production started awhile back now it's just the carriers turn to decide for the release. If mass production was awhile back like a month I am guessing a couple of weeks until Rogers and other companies start releasing them =). I love the Bold and when it comes out and whoever else purchases one will enjoy it as well. Until then lets respect others' posts and what not. "why can't we be friends..."
Offline  
Old 08-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #374
aj21
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 158
Default

i spoke to rogers this week on the phone and they told me 'we have 2 blackberries coming out in september, i don't know which ones though'..
so helpful!!!
love 'em rogers people!
*sighs*
Offline  
Old 08-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #375
akim911
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
akim911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj21 View Post
i spoke to rogers this week on the phone and they told me 'we have 2 blackberries coming out in september, i don't know which ones though'..
so helpful!!!
love 'em rogers people!
*sighs*
Most likely the Bold, then Kickstart =)
Offline  
Old 08-09-2008, 05:03 PM   #376
controlled
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bowmanville Ontario
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
PIN: 23230BDD
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj21 View Post
i spoke to rogers this week on the phone and they told me 'we have 2 blackberries coming out in september, i don't know which ones though'..
so helpful!!!
love 'em rogers people!
*sighs*
Im sure Cory can tell us which ones
Offline  
Old 08-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #377
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict
 
BBSwany's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Colorado
Model: Z10
OS: 10
Carrier: Straight Talk
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun27612 View Post
Cory et al, thank you for posting the information as you get it. There is a group that does appreciate you sharing what you know, as some of us have no connections or contacts, and don't pretend otherwise.
Well said Shaun! We appreciate Cory's contribution to the forums!
__________________
HOW-TO's | TIPS & TRICKS | WALLPAPERS: BBGrounds
Bold OR Storm on T-Mo? WANT YOUR BROWSER & MMS? CLICK ME!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by BBSwany; 08-11-2008 at 12:36 AM..
Offline  
Old 08-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #378
stranger
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GTA
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.190
Carrier: rogers(thiefs)
Posts: 160
Default

Cory Is My Hero
__________________
Finally Bold.
Follow me: http://twitter.com/davidpaulw
Offline  
Old 08-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #379
raynicolini
CrackBerry Addict
 
raynicolini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond Hill
Model: 9900
OS: 7.1.0.74
PIN: 28316DB1
Carrier: Toronto Wireless
Posts: 513
Default

i agree cory, we will keep our info to ourselves for now. we'll just pin each other any updates
Offline  
Old 08-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #380
controlled
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bowmanville Ontario
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
PIN: 23230BDD
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynicolini View Post
i agree cory, we will keep our info to ourselves for now. we'll just pin each other any updates
Please dont do that, without your updates the Bold will never be released
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

*LOT OF 3* MSA ALTAIR 4X/XR Phosphorescent Multi-gas Detector (LEL,O2,Co,H2S)
$339.98
*LOT OF 3*  MSA ALTAIR 4X/XR Phosphorescent Multi-gas Detector (LEL,O2,Co,H2S) pictureMSA Altair 4X Sensor Gasket
$12.0
MSA Altair 4X Sensor Gasket pictureMSA Altair 4x 4xr Gas Detector Alligator Clip
$9.0
MSA Altair 4x 4xr Gas Detector Alligator Clip pictureMSA 10094829 Altair 5 Maintenance Kit
$30.0
MSA 10094829 Altair 5 Maintenance Kit pictureMSA Altair H2S Hydrogen Sulfide and CIO2 Carbon Dioxide Single Gas Monitors
$200.0
MSA Altair H2S Hydrogen Sulfide and CIO2 Carbon Dioxide Single Gas Monitors picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.