Old 06-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #41
colonel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: w950i
Carrier: vodafone
Default Re: Initial Impressions - first 12 hours

Please Login to Remove!

1. A keyboard is better then a touch screen. But most people don't care

2. The trackpad/mouse was the fist thing RIM wanted to get rid of. Most hardware failures were due to it. It was also the thing most people complained about.

3. windows 8 is great. really. try it. My kids use macbooks and windows laptops at home (age 6,8 and 10). For a new laptop, I gave them a free vote on OS and they all chose Windows. Windows 8 on a touchscreen ultrabook with SSD is about the fastest and most intuitive computer I have ever used. And the resolution is much higher then the macbook air.

4. The Q10 is the only game in town for a quality keyboard. sad but true. we have to live with that for now. i am confident that RIM will slowly improve the device with firmware updates over time
Old 06-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #42
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
1. A keyboard is better then a touch screen. But most people don't care
That is completely your opinion, not a fact.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #43
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
3. windows 8 is great. really. try it. My kids use macbooks and windows laptops at home (age 6,8 and 10). For a new laptop, I gave them a free vote on OS and they all chose Windows. Windows 8 on a touchscreen ultrabook with SSD is about the fastest and most intuitive computer I have ever used. And the resolution is much higher then the macbook air.
Actually it's been proven via benchmarks that the fastest laptop for running Windows 8 is a MacBook Pro. Dual-boot baby!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #44
colonel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Actually it's been proven via benchmarks that the fastest laptop for running Windows 8 is a MacBook Pro. Dual-boot baby!
Don't believe that for one min. Especially as the spec of my Lenovo is better then any apple and VM can't run faster then the real thing

Give me a link
Old 06-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #45
colonel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
That is completely your opinion, not a fact.
True
But after using an iPhone and androids for years, I can still type faster on my work BB
Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #46
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Don't believe that for one min. Especially as the spec of my Lenovo is better then any apple and VM can't run faster then the real thing

Give me a link
You don't need to run VMware or Parallels or Boot Camp to boot Windows on a Mac. You can install it natively on a Windows partition and choose which OS to boot into on startup.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #47
ZombieBerry
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Priv
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND

Quote:
Actually it's been proven via benchmarks that the fastest laptop for running Windows 8 is a MacBook Pro straight out of the box because of what some laptop manufacturers and sellers load on to the machine. Once the system has been configured, the only areas the MP came out on top were multimedia applications
FTFY

Soluto test? I hope you can cite another test, one that actually takes into consideration that most PC users do actually configure their system for optimal performance.

MacBook Pro (1200) was beaten by a HP Pav ($700) in processor speed, gaming, and got destroyed in CPU use when streaming HD content. Just saying.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:15 AM   #48
colonel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
You don't need to run VMware or Parallels or Boot Camp to boot Windows on a Mac. You can install it natively on a Windows partition and choose which OS to boot into on startup.
That sounds good !
Old 07-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #49
kalinka
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT and verizon

First week on the Q 10 has had a few glitches. I don't find it quite as intuitive as i like. Takes a lot of swiping to get where i want to be, not super economical but maybe i just dont know what I am doing.
Biggest offender here is the lack of sound notification of text while on a call. I cant stare at the phone all the time, when i am on a call i am either on the computer taking notes or its in my pocket. I have to communicate with many people via text and I keep missing them because i do not know when they come in until i happen to glace down and see the little red light flashing. It has gotten me into trouble more than one time and may end up being a deal breaker to me. There are NO smart phones that do not give you that option. That's a big fail.
Otherwise I can not get facebook to work properly which is not the end of the world. Love the camera. Its pretty darned snappy.. but I need a work horse for phone text and email, its not a toy for me and without notification while in call i probably have to return it. Called RIM multiple times and there seems to be no fix nor is it in the works, quite a shame I think its a nice device and I waited for it for a long time.
Closed Thread